in search of a sub ohm tank for me

I have a  Innokin isub apex tank. Even with a brand new coil, it doesn't want to vape, it has terrible vapor production. And some times it won't vape at all and I can't get a draw off it.  Also it gets really hot. I have an aspire atlantis also.  I hate this tank also. It leaks like crazy and kills my batter.  I use coolfire and joytech cuboid as my devices to vape from. Please what is a good sub ohm tank that doesn't get too hot or leaks. I just orderded a super tank mini by tobeko. I really like the old school tank aspire mv5 and how it vapes. is there a sub ohm tank similar to this?  Do you think the super tank mini by tobeko will work for me? 

Those, to me are all indications that your airflow is not set correctly.  I'm not familiar with that tank specifically but that's where I'd start with it. 

High heat, no vapor means no or little airflow or improper airflow over the coil.  After that it's juice and wicking. 

I'm not familiar with that tank either, but @Bebop seems spot-on about airflow. 

What is the coil resistance you are using?

Personally, I was never a big fan of sub-ohm tanks, until I discovered the Kanger SubTank Mini... plenty of coil resistances, styles, and wire-types, as well as an included RBA deck for building your own.  They vape well, too.  I don't do sub-ohm resistances very often, so 1.2 Ohm coils are my preference... plenty of vapor, great flavor, and no "hot" tanks (even when using the 0.5 Ohm coils)... no leaks so far either (and I have 4 of them in regular rotation and another 2 still in the box).

I would also recommend the Aspire Triton V2 (top-fill), but be aware the coils don't last long.  The Triton Mini is just a top-fill version of the Nautilus Mini (uses the same coils, and is same size), so I'm not even sure if they have sub-ohm coils for it?  Another well recommended tank is the TFV4 from SMOK.  I don't have one, but many members here do, and other than a bad batch of coils, I've not heard many bad things about them...

I have a  Innokin isub apex tank. Even with a brand new coil, it doesn't want to vape, it has terrible vapor production. And some times it won't vape at all and I can't get a draw off it.  Also it gets really hot. I have an aspire atlantis also.  I hate this tank also. It leaks like crazy and kills my batter.  I use coolfire and joytech cuboid as my devices to vape from. Please what is a good sub ohm tank that doesn't get too hot or leaks. I just orderded a super tank mini by tobeko. I really like the old school tank aspire mv5 and how it vapes. is there a sub ohm tank similar to this?  Do you think the super tank mini by tobeko will work for me? 

The Crown tank is pretty good.

5 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

I would also recommend the Aspire Triton V2 (top-fill), but be aware the coils don't last long. 

Earthling, I just tried something on the Triton V2. When the coil started not working as well as it used to (and this is where I'd usually just change the coil for a new one), I took out the coil, dried the connection end off, took a Q-tip to the inside of the bottom part of the tank where the coil screwed in, and let it sit for a few minutes. That seemed to do the trick and I wound up getting nearly two weeks on that coil. Don't know if it was a success or just a really good coil but time will tell.  :) 

You're welcome...

0.5 Ohm shouldn't heat up a tank to "hot", but "warm" is possible if you're chain-vaping (of course, lol).

If you go with a Subtank Mini, their 0.5 Ohm coils are quite good for flavor and vapor, but they are a little warm (vapor is warm) for me..., but I find their 1.2 Ohm are even better because they're not as warm on vapor production, and still have excellent flavor and vapor, moreso than the 0.5 Ohm, but that is just my opinion :)  I almost wish they'd make a 0.8 Ohm subtank coil like they do for the Aerotank/KPT3... that seems to be a perfect blend for those that want sub-ohm, but not the heat...  I've built a 0.8 Ohm coil on the RBA deck, and was quite pleased with the performance....

.8 ohm is my go to on the RBA on the subtank mini.  It's delicious and it doesn't chase everybody out. For fun I go to .5 but it's rare.  :D

On 3/16/2016 at 9:23 PM, Tam said:

Earthling, I just tried something on the Triton V2. When the coil started not working as well as it used to (and this is where I'd usually just change the coil for a new one), I took out the coil, dried the connection end off, took a Q-tip to the inside of the bottom part of the tank where the coil screwed in, and let it sit for a few minutes. That seemed to do the trick and I wound up getting nearly two weeks on that coil. Don't know if it was a success or just a really good coil but time will tell.  :) 

I'm starting to do the same with my triforce coils. When it seems they are getting weak, I pull them clean the bottom, and try to scrape a bit of the gunk off the coil, and that seems to stretch them a couple days at least. I've been chasing my tail trying to figure out what seems to be shortening my coils' lifespan. I've got 3 mods and 2 triforce tanks, 1 gets used 8 hours at work, and then my RDA and small triforce get used the rest of the time. I could understand the big triforce chewing them up, But I've gotten to where I'm tracking changes and it's almost crazy. I vape pretty heavily too so maybe it's just that. I go thru between 100-150ml a week. I haven't been able to rule out the juices tho either... so I dunno.

As for the OP. I like the triforces, they do get pretty hot if you chain vape, but the 2 I have have been fantastic. Both mine leaked initially, but after changing the gasket between the chimney and coil, no severe leaking until the coil craps out. The 30mm leaks a bit after a fill, but I chalk that up to pressure from filling. I run the .2 coils. I have yet to try the .5 coils.