Acrylic RDA's

Viking Captain

Ok so I been vaping for year and a half now. But one thing I never see and am curious about is, I see people using acrylic drip tips. I wanted to know if you can make an RDA body. Like say the hellboy rda, out of acrylic pen blanks? I see they use an acrylic clear glass on some tank systems but wanted to know about the stone looking acrylic. You know with all the swirls in it like the drip tips have? Is it safe to use those as the rda body? I would make one and mount it on a hellboy well. 

I'm wanting to make acrylic pieces of the body not the prongs and well.Hellboy-4.jpg?1430319495

Don't own one, but from just looking at the picture your decoration thought seems doable as long as the material you want to use is not porous.  For versatility, why not consider a very thin metal inner core machined to the proper inner dimension and a variety of outer pieces you could slide over the inner cylinder whenever the mood strikes.  

Acrylics can be easily machined with the proper tooling, the only problem is the temperature rating is only about 160f for most acrylics, also some juices have been known to crack acrylic. I don't know where to get acrylic round stock with swirls in it, but its probably available from somebody.

• 1 month later...