Battery venting?

VaporTron

So i got this sony vtc4 from a b&m over here and when i vape sometimes it feels like it is vibrating a lil bit. Maybe this is the button rubbing the negative side and causing a "slide"? Has anyone encountered this? Also mod is heating up but maybe because i am sub ohming (.3+/-ohms)

I used a smok protection chip but it was only firing for 1 second so i took it out and now fires as long as i want but this has happened about 5 times over the last 48 hours, at different voltages with different coil resistances. Also i take the battery out and it is cool to the touch. Wtf vape

Uh, the rattlesnake effect (for those that never experienced it) is a pulse in vapor production from these PWM APVs. It is sensed by hearing alone. The rattlesnake effect is loudest when is the power button is pressed without anything contacting the drip tip.

The rattlesnake sound is related to the 33hz chips used in the APVs, but is nowhere close to being an audible 33hz tone. The sound actually seems to cycle a few times per second. The rattlesnake has no effect on vapor quality that I can detect.

Nobody is going to see a difference in a coil glowing with DC power pulsed 33 times per second compared to a coil powered by pure DC. The same goes with vapor produced by the coil.

Unless you just don't like the sound, the rattlesnake effect is a non-issue.

So i found that on rattlesnaking but no that is not what i am experiencing.

When i am pulling a toot the button will vibrate a little and feel hot. Not the atty.

Sorry...I didn't see the original post about the .3Ω load and Sony VTC4. I just saw the post about the mech mod.

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the Smoke Vapesafe Fuse (if that's what you're using) is a 7A fuse, and .3Ω on a fresh (4.2v) battery is around 14A, so that's why it's cutting you off. As far as your other issues, I have no clue.

One more thing...due to their limited availability and high price, Sony VTCs are probably the most faked/counterfeited batteries on the planet. The fakes could have decent cores, or they could be accidents waiting to happen. Many legit dealers have been fooled into stocking the fakes in the past (or so I've heard). Here's a link from BudgetLightForum.com that might help in distinguishing fakes from the real deal

Here's another informative article from Sun Vapers:

http://www.sun-vapers.com/how-to-spot-a-fake-sony-vtc5-battery/

Edited by Rixter

Assuming that you fully understand Ohm's Law, if you are able to confirm your atty's .3Ω resistance with an ohmmeter, then that probably isn't the problem. The main thing is to make sure that your battery can put out more continuous amps than your load is pulling, and if you're unsure of your battery's legitimacy, then you can't know if it can do that. I personally avoid the Sony VTCs solely because there are so many fakes out there. 

As far as higher amp safety fuses, I really don't know of anything any higher than the VapeSafe.

In fact, due to a venting battery a few months ago, I shelved all of my mechs in favor of regulated box mods. I've heard of quite a few mechs blowing up over the years, but I've yet to hear of a single regulated box mod popping.

BTW...what mod are you referring to in the OP?

Edited by Rixter

I should also mention at this point that just because someone's using a regulated box mod doesn't mean that a battery won't vent if pushed too hard...Ohm's Law still applies. There's just more safety features in the circuitry of regulated mods to help prevent catastrophes.

The lead wires on a multimeter have resistance, I have a Fluke 87 and the leads have a .3ohm resistance, its easy to find out the resistance just by touching the probes together for a couple of seconds. on my multimeter if the resistance says .3ohms that means its a dead short.