Who's telling the truth??

GRLSNGR

Greetings from very warm, very muggy, southern Louisiana!!!  As I've told ya'll, I purchased a Kanger NEBox about 5 weeks ago.     I dropped it this morning and it stopped working.  I rushed across town to the vendor, and they tightened the coil up and all was well.  Here's my dilema: I'm still craving my analogs even though I'm vaping at 12mg in the Kanger.  The vendor I bought it from said not to go over 8mg, however, the guys at my new vapor haunt tell me it's up to me, and I should try to up my nic level to 15 to see if that helps.  Now, I vaped 24mg for a couple of years, and recently (before I got the Kanger) dropped down to 18 on my Provari 2.0.  The Provari completely eliminated my craving for ciggies.  I'm looking to get to that point again, but don't want to damage my new box or make myself sick.  12mg isn't touching me.  Advice, please???

BTW, vaping at 40W, 7V (I think), 300 degrees

Doesn't add up

40W?  300*?

if you are vaping temp control then those settings are a little wonky.  Temp control is prob shutting down that coil before you're getting any vape.  If I were you, without changing your nic, I would bump the temp up to 350 and drop the wattage to 15 or 20.   See if you notice any change.

Thank you Bebop!  I'll try that right away. :)

17 hours ago, Bebop said:

Doesn't add up

40W?  300*?

if you are vaping temp control then those settings are a little wonky.  Temp control is prob shutting down that coil before you're getting any vape.  If I were you, without changing your nic, I would bump the temp up to 350 and drop the wattage to 15 or 20.   See if you notice any change.

Hey Bebop!!  My temp will not go above 300C  I'm in the US, so of course I don't know how to make the adjustment to Fahrenheit.  Help??

If your temp is set to 300c that translates to 570f, which is probably too hot. 188c = 370f and 232c =450f You should be able to switch your mod from Celsius to Fahrenheit if not run it between 188C and 232C and you should be OK. 

8 hours ago, GRLSNGR said:

Thank you Bebop!  I'll try that right away. :)

Hey Bebop!!  My temp will not go above 300C  I'm in the US, so of course I don't know how to make the adjustment to Fahrenheit.  Help??

Turn it all the way down.  It will stop then press and hold down again.  This should start showing F and going down.

On 12/1/2015, 8:09:26, jasonculp said:

Turn it all the way down.  It will stop then press and hold down again.  This should start showing F and going down.

TY SO MUCH!!!!  i was able to set my temp to 370f.  All of a sudden, my juice has a "metal" taste to it.... is this because I lowered the temp?  I think I've vaping at 35W.  Any7 advice?

47 minutes ago, jasonculp said:

I am not sure why it would taste like metal.  Changing the temp does bring out different flavors in the juice, but metal?

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "metal".  My juice is organic,, and it's like drinking a fruit punch....love it.  Now that I've lowered my temp, it doesn't taste good any more.....some kind of weird taste is coming thru.  I believe the juice is all PG with a 12mg nic load.

Raise the temp a little at a time until you get the flavor you want. Ask the store what the PG/VG ratio is, they should be able to tell you. I use a 20PG/ 80Vg ratio, and no wicking problems or taste problems. But I don't use TC just wattage with Kanthal coils. I have a TC mod on the way but don't know when it will be shipped yet. (preordered Kanger Platinum)

4 minutes ago, GRLSNGR said:

Hey ya'll,

Can anyone tell me how to switch back to C instead of F on my temp?  Ever since I went down to Ferenheit, my juice takes like crap.  REALLY need to put it back the way it was.  Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance,

Robyn

Just run it all the way down until it stops, then click it again and it will switch to C

When in temp control mode, it shouldn't matter how high you set your wattage...your device is going to drop back on power (watts) when the coil reaches your preset temp (Fahrenheit or Celsius ). The only thing that setting your power to a higher level does is get you to your preset temp faster (less ramp up time).

Also, a good place to start with your temp settings is at or below the flash point of dry cotton (420°F or 215°C).

Edited by Rixter

It would help if you knew what mode you are using Ni or Ti both modes are used for TC but they have to match the type of coil you are using. As much trouble you are having I would suggest getting some standard Nichrome coils, either 1.5 or .5 ohms and run in wattage mode. Just saying that might be the best thing for you at this time until you can learn more about TC. 

Thanks again FXRich!!  I've had SO many problems with this new box mod (Kanger NEBox), that I'm ready to go back to my Provari  pen!!  LOL!!  In all honesty, I think it's more of user error than a problem with the mod.  When I learned how to convert my temp from C to F today, I tried taking my temp down to 270-300 degrees.  It made my juice taste SO bad, I put the mod back to the settings it came with.  My juice tastes a little better now, but not as flavorful as it was.  I vape Organic, so the juices are kinda pricey, and I don't really want to waste any, but am tempted to dump the 5ml or so of juice in my tank and start over with a new flavor to see if it tastes better.  If it doesn't, the only thing I know to do is throw the mod out the window, and start all over! :)  Sorry, bad joke, I'm just totally frustrated right now, and am STILL smoking analogs 'cause I haven't been able to find the proper nic amount in my juice yet.  Thanks everybody, for letting me vent!!!

sincerely,

GRLSNGR

Why they sold you a TC unit at that local B&M I can only guess. They should have sold you a Kanger Subtank mini kit, much more user friendly. Maybe they didn't have any. If you take it back to them tell them to put it in watt mode and sell you some regular coils for it I think you will be much happier. Unless you already know how to put it in watt mode.

Even though the NEBOX is my daily driver right now, I am not sure it is a good box for everyone.  I normally run the RBA and have had pretty good luck with it despite it not being very good at temp control.  I got lazy and dropped a factory Ni200 (Square horizontal) coil in it and I will say it tastes muted, and is not anywhere close to what I remember the SubTank Mini being.

I am with @FXRich  I would at the very least pick up a pack of the new SSOCC .5 vertical nichrome coils or Kanthal Clapton coils and run it in power mode.

I would not blame all of this on user error, @GRLSNGR, this NEBOX, while handy, is not turning out to be one of my best investments.

Another option would be to put cotton in the RBA that came with the kit, there are numerous videos on the net explaining how to do it. The RBA comes with a .5 coil installed, but no cotton. Of course you will have to use wattage mode. What I like about using the RBA is you never have to buy another coil. But you may buy a extra RBA.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Another option would be to put cotton in the RBA that came with the kit, there are numerous videos on the net explaining how to do it. The RBA comes with a .5 coil installed, but no cotton. Of course you will have to use wattage mode. What I like about using the RBA is you never have to buy another coil. But you may buy a extra RBA.

I totally agree with you.  I have ordered another RBA, it just has not arrived.  I rebuilt mine last night with Ti and it amazes me I waited this long.  I normally go a week, and I have gone 2.  I think I should be rebuilding a bit more frequently, the difference in flavor is amazing.  I guess it decreases slowly so you don't notice how much it has gone down, until you change it.