The Holidays - And How To Survive Them

This is not a serious post! 

Man oh man. With Holidays approaching, planning trips and managing my work and playing schedule I have been swamped!  

Part of my inactivity is navigating the forum changes.  I know it's not rocket science but I haven't had the time to sort out my preferences and get used to the new look.  

It "feels" really different and I can't put my finger on it.  Especially on mobile. It "Feels" far away - whatever that means. Instead of being immersed it's as if I have to go deeper into layets to reach what was on the surface - if that means anything. 

And it could just be that I'm a little stressed and I need to bump up the nic a little, lol.  

Honestly, if you have any tips on what you've done to set up your access to VT they will be welcome!  

If I'm just crazy, tell me!  I invite the interaction. :)   <----------- see, i cant even do an emoticon anymore! Haha

This is not A serious post. I'm doing fine. I tell myself that every morning!  

You've put my feelings into words, Bebop. On top of stress of work (we had a drive-by shooting on campus last week, major electric outage and a call for emergency medical care for a student today...), I haven't had time or the patience to dig into how to make VT the way I want it. The little frustrations like typing in : lol :  or  : ) that sometimes turn into emoji but most times don't since the change are making me throw my hands up and give up for the night.  LOL

I'm very interested to hear tips from others so maybe alleviate some of this frustration.

I hope your schedule eases up on you soon!  :)

Hello everyone yesterday at work I was outside vaping and someone behind me bumps into me and I drop my mod and now it's all gone I was so mad and wanted to get a cigarette really bad I went to the corner store approach the counter and was about to ask for a pack a smokes cause I was so mad but I stopped for a moment and recalled why I stopped smoking in the first place (for my family and my daughter ) I turned around and walked out now with nothing to vape with I stuck it out today and maybe hopefully when I get paid I can try to buy me a new mod and tank but I know it will take a couple of weeks. The point is no matter what happened I didn't smoke and I feel proud of that! ☺

Deez I ,maybe of some assistance. I had a Mod given to me when I had dumped my DNA 40 in the lake this summer. If you are interested I'll send it your way to keep you going. I can toss in a KPT tank and battery to go with it. PM me if you want it. It is gold, but it didn't matter to me either. It is also a max 30watts.

First_class_fashion_cool_design_ipv_mini

3 hours ago, Tam said:

You've put my feelings into words, Bebop. On top of stress of work (we had a drive-by shooting on campus last week, major electric outage and a call for emergency medical care for a student today...), I haven't had time or the patience to dig into how to make VT the way I want it. The little frustrations like typing in : lol :  or  : ) that sometimes turn into emoji but most times don't since the change are making me throw my hands up and give up for the night.  LOL

I'm very interested to hear tips from others so maybe alleviate some of this frustration.

I hope your schedule eases up on you soon!  :)

Oh - see.....I did post twice haha. 

Wanna hear something really ironic?  2 weeks ago I just finished planning and budgeting for a 2 week vacation next summer with another couple ............... In Paris.....

im a little freaked out.

geez, what is happening to the world?  I don't know but it's F'd up........

if if I could, I'd make one of those emoticons dealies and it wouldn't be a happy one....

Are you still planning to go to Paris next year? Hopefully, things will be much better there in a year's time, although I can see why you'd be freaked in light of recent events.

The world is not the same place it was when I was younger. In some ways it's better but there's so much that isn't.  :(

Right now, I'm still planning to go (never been) .  i kind of refuse to cower down to this kind of threat. But, I'm not blind stupid either so I don't see myself jumping in to a hotbed of insanity either.  We'll see.....

16 hours ago, Compenstine said:

Deez I ,maybe of some assistance. I had a Mod given to me when I had dumped my DNA 40 in the lake this summer. If you are interested I'll send it your way to keep you going. I can toss in a KPT tank and battery to go with it. PM me if you want it. It is gold, but it didn't matter to me either. It is also a max 30watts.

Deez, those IPV-minis are awesome... I have 4, and they are work-horses!  And the gold ones look awesome with a shiny stainless or a black tank :)

3 hours ago, Bebop said:

Right now, I'm still planning to go (never been) .  i kind of refuse to cower down to this kind of threat. But, I'm not blind stupid either so I don't see myself jumping in to a hotbed of insanity either.  We'll see.....

Bebop, I'd keep my plans, but be very aware of when you can cancel without penalty.  Trust me... I've been in Europe and Asia (for work) in the past few years... and they are NOTHING like they were 20-30 years ago... even 10 years ago.  With all the stupidity over there right now, I'd take a wait-and-see stance if it were me.  Even work is not allowing any travel to the EU, other than England/Scotland/Ireland/Germany...