Anyone use Roku with Sling Here?

I just got my Roku today! I order it on Wed and got it today. :o I was shocked. At this point, only having it now since noon, Love It!

Keep us posted.  I really, really want to do something like that, as soon as football is over.  I got a good lesson at finding all of my series that I watch online, and that works very good.  I have been waffling between the HTPC, Tivo OTA, and Roku.  So far the Roku looks like the least expensive, and easiest option.

So-far I'm not impressed with Sling. between the screen lock ups, sound sync issues, constantly reloading (5-6 times during a 2 hour movie) and this now 3rd day of a 4-40 error. I may be dumping sling. Very disappointing to pay 25$ per month to only get this to watch....

Sling20-error4-40.thumb.jpg.8c1b9919a89c

has left me wanting to call my cable company and reconnect. Feels like Sling TV is bigger Scam than cable.

Edited by Compenstine

This is on my computer running a Intel Quad Core CPU, Duel Video Cards (2 gig video ram) and 8 gig Sys Ram. lol It started messing up on the Roku today doing the same things. Dropping the picture, freezing.... Just very frustrating.

Oh and yes I have tried rebooting the comp and reloading Sling. No change

Sling20-error4-40-2.thumb.jpg.459d02fca3

Edited by Compenstine

I am assuming that your Roku has been updated, along with any of the applications installed on it. It will usually update itself. If Sling has a tech help section, you might want to check it out. But knowing you, you already did. lol

I wouldn't pay $25/month for something that buffers every few minutes. I would let it go also.

My mom complained that Netflix was buffering. It turned out my mom kept stuffing the Roku under the TV and next to the cable box. It also didn't help that it was next to a gas fireplace. Between the interference from the other electronics and the fire shield in the fireplace, the Roku was dropping the signal. If I moved the Roku above the tv and fireplace it worked just fine. But my mom kept putting it back, then complain, and the whole process would start over again.

Most of the issues are my PC that is hard wired to the router. My Roku is under the TV, and the router is about 4ft away from it. The Roku works great for Netflix and others. Even sling does fine there until yesterday. The roku (Running Sling) started freezing, menu popping up at random and flashing rainbow colors. This only happened on Sling and the TV is only a week old. Watched Sling last night with no issues on the Roku.

Yes I contacted them and will see if they can work out the issue. My guess is they will just blame my ISP for the issue or my computer. Yet Netflix, Hulu, and Crackle play just fine on my PC. LOL

Never heard of Sling but have a Fire Stick in all my TVs and love it. Now I still have ATT Uverse Cable as well because a lot of what I watch is not available streaming but being an Amazon Prime member and about $14 a month for Netflix and I find there is never anything I want to watch I cannot find. Amazingly efficient as well I can have 4 Fire Sticks going at the same time and not notice any speed issues with only 18mbs download speeds. We are big DVR junkies and always have 6-7 shows on in any given season recording.

Mainly got the Fire Stick because I love everything about Uverse except the Premium Channel On Demand selections are very very limited so for a few bucks a months its nice to have Netflix and Prime. Never found anything on Hulu I would want to watch.

What remote tool do you all use for XBMC or Kodi?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_Phone_remotes

http://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools

Tonight it seems to working but still has the sound issue, At least I can catch up on TWD tonight at midnight. LOL

I forget which one I tried. It might have been Kore, but I got a dedicated remote instead - Rii i8+.  Phone/tablet apps are great, but it can be annoying if you're busy using them for other more important things and need the remote app at the same time.