Help, Juice advice

I bought my vapor device (mod I think is what you call it, not sure)from a local popular store this past Saturday, 9-11-2015. It has max level marked on the juice bottle but how do I know exactly what to choose when choosing other flavors if I bought from elsewhere? Thank you in advance.

image.jpg

Hard to say for sure, by the looks of it you have 8mg nic content, and the max VG could be 100% minus the PG used in the flavor, or possibly they used VG based flavor too. Hard to say for sure. If you get a 80VG/ 20PG ratio with 8mg nic it would be close. Looks like mango flavor to me.

Rich is correct... MAX-VG means the only PG used is in the flavoring, but there is no way to know the % of flavoring.  Generally, flavorings constitute between 15% and 30%, so the VG content could be 70% or as high as 85%... or even higher (as mentioned above) if the flavorings are VG-based (not very common though).

Thanks y'all. The only thing they told me was they would put me with an 8 ( me thinking nicotine ) to begin with and see how I done. Although I do wish my mod was the adjustable type like my brothers. Mine chokes me still lol! I smoke up to two packs a day. This is my first time trying to quit. Wish me luck!! I hope they set me up for success, I'll do my best to conquer this nasty habit of mine. This is a picture of mine.

image.jpg

I just did a quick search on VT for your price range. and this is what you really need to be a happy vapor IMHO.

Eleaf iStick 30Watt https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/eleaf-istick-30w/?vtr=2

Nautilus Mini Tank System https://www.vaportalk.com/shop/nautilus-mini-airflow-adjustable-tank-system/?vtr=2

for $61.95 :)

Wow, I didn't realize you were sold a mechanical mod and dripper!  B&M's really chap my behind when they sell an advanced set-up to a beginner!

Comp is right, what you need to be successful is a simple, variable-voltage/variable-wattage battery like the iStick 30W or 50W, or an MVP 2.0, 20W, or 3.0.... something with a self-contained battery.  For tanks, the Nautilus mini or a Kanger ProTank2 or Kanger AeroTank V2 would server you far better, IMO.  I know many that use the Aspire K1 tanks, and love them for their simplicity and price (~ $10 retail).  Tanks are a matter of personal preference, so you will probably have to try a couple, but ANY tank is better (for a beginner) than the dripper you're using right now :)

8mg level of nicotine on a dripper (depending on how low they built your coil's resistance) would be equivalent to 18-24mg of Nicotine in a standard tank/clearomizer/glassomizer.  So, when you decide to move to a tank set-up, keep that in mind.  A typical 2-pack-a-day smoker will need a minimum of 18mg of Nicotine to be successful at quitting.  Go even higher if you need to... it will cut the urges to smoke.  You can always taper off in time.  Nicotine is not the enemy.... it's the 4000+ chemicals and carcinogens in cigarettes that are the problem!

We've got a great support group here, and feel free to ask lots of questions... a fantastic group of people here, and we're willing to help out and offer opinions :)

Wow, I'm really loving all this information. Why in the heck couldn't they tell me and explain all this to me at the store. They sold another guy this same set up and he was a heavy smoker like myself. Really upset and frustrated right now but yet I'm going to check all this out and Im sure I'll be hitting you all back up shortly.

So why is my set up a bad set up for me?

First and most importantly is that you have to rebuild the coils, or become dependent on them (the B&M) to do it for you. There is a lot to learn about building coils and safety. When you are not taught the risk behind the Mech mods and safety you are set up to have a potential disaster that could put the user in the hospital.

And if anyone tells you that someone saying what I just said is fear mongering, They are not someone that has a clue about safety and is them self a disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by Compenstine

And how often does this have to be done? I would never try to do it just to relieve you lol! And is there a charge to rebuild the coils. I watched her as she did part of mine then I was choosing my juice so I missed part of it.

With out typing a book... LOL  I personally would not trust a coil some else built that I did not know. You should at least rewick it every couple days and rebuild it as needed. On average, if you are rewicking and dry burning. properly, once a month. Some people do it once a week instead of rewicking and dry burning.How much do they charge for the recoiling? Most cases they charge you what it cost to buy a five pack of prebuilt coils.

And also, I'll just add - that set up is designed to used with a direct to lung hit instead of a typical drag like you would on a ciggy. If you try to drag it like a cig and then inhale it's going to choke you out. You want to open up the airflow and inhale directly into the lung in one smooth hit.  It's a little counterintuitive if you are used to pulling it in to your mouth and then sucking it in to your lungs. Try a small direct to lung hit. You should notice a big difference.

Yeah. That's the nicotine level. Completelyy separate issue.

There is a coil (think of it like the filament in a light bulb) there is cotton stuffed in the "filament" that feeds juice to the filament. 

The coil has a rating just like a light bulb. When you hit the button the coil gets the current and heats up depending on the rating of the coil. If the coil is made with high resistance then the coil does not get as hot if the coil is made with low resistance. 

Your device is designed to send only one level of power to the coil.. Its "on" or "off". Therefore your coil resistance is important as it determines how hot your coil gets. (in the light bulb analogy it's how bright your light is - 20watts or 100watts).

What's a little easier to operate is like the guys above have stated. A variable device that you can control the power (like a dimmer switch on a light). The coil resistance is not as critical because you can turn the power up or down according to your tastes. 

Next time you go in,, tell them your coil is a little hot amd youd like it turned down a little.