Cigavette mega. Cartridge

I need help!! I have the cigavette mega series.  I love it but the throat hit and flavor is a little weak. Is it possible to refill the mega cartridge with  another brand of the liquid for better taste and throat it vapor production etc. ?  Any advice will help thank you !!!

Ouch. They are refillable but it is not wotth the pain. They are not meant to be refillable so you basically have to take it apart and try to get it aback together again.  Not recommended.  Sorry to say that is basically an underperforming proprietary kit.  Not great for mixing and matching. 

I think those are 808 cartridges so if you can find those anywhere you might have luck getting some 808 carts and filling those. 

I tried to verify it's an 808.  Whenever it's that tough to find out I know I'm in trouble.  I actually can't confirm it is. 

You our might want to consider dumping that rig and starting over with something that's more user friendly. 

For tanks I use a couple of different ones depending on my situation. I like the kanger Pro tanks full size and mini. They use the same coils and they are easy to rebuild so I save a lot of money there and I get the added bonus of getting slightly better performance than a stock remade coil.  This coil also fits the Evod tank and I used to use those as well but I have out grown them. The Evod tank is plastic and does not quite match the pro tanks.   I also use the Aspire Nautilus mini. A great flavor tank but the coils are a little pricey but worth it. Great performance and vapor. All of the above are for situations where I want to be very portable or discreet when vaping.

For high performance with a full rich vapor in situations where I am not restricted I use The Kanger Sub Tank Mini  or the UD Zephyrus sub ohm tank. These are advanced tanks where I can custom build coils designed to create much more vapor and are true performers. They'd are a little more trouble but totally worth it.

i also have a rebuildable dripping Atomizer called a Doge X2. High performance but it doesn't have a tank and you have to drip juice regularly directly on to the coils but you can build dual coils and really ramp up the performance.

For power I use standard Ego batteries in various sizes made by Joytech or Vision. Some are fixed voltage and some are variable. I use those with the discreet tanks.

for high performance, I use a Heatvape invader mini.  This is a 50Watt variable device that takes separate batteries.

I don't know about you folks but I was/am a heavy smoker. Approx 2 pack a day.  That's why I chose the mega series by Cigavette.  Because of the big battery I expected a huge throat hit.  Something to match my cigarette habit.  Plus I didn't want to go through the hassle of refilling tanks etc.    maybe it's not a big of a pain as I think it is ? 

Bu todays standard 1300mah ego is not that big. Plus, the Mega is fixed voltage output - you can't vary it to increase power. 

The Mega is 2 year old technology and it is not a cross compatible design. It was IMO a money grab aimed at a market at the time meant to lock people in to their device.  A lot has changed since then.

These days, the simple tank options like the Nautilus with a variable voltage battery like the Spinner or a high mah box mod like the iStick 30 or 50 are out performing all that stuff.  

I don't know about you folks but I was/am a heavy smoker. Approx 2 pack a day.  That's why I chose the mega series by Cigavette.  Because of the big battery I expected a huge throat hit.  Something to match my cigarette habit.  Plus I didn't want to go through the hassle of refilling tanks etc.    maybe it's not a big of a pain as I think it is ? 

I was a 2.5 - 3 pack a day Red smoker.  A inexpensive eGo style spinner battery with a Kanger Pro Tank mini 2 or 3 with 36mg/ml would make me cough and the nicotine would make me dizzy. 

I can buy 2 complete setups and enough juice to last a week for the price of the "Mega Set"  Once you buy it, you own it.  You can change tanks, buy juice from any vendor, in any flavor, for a fraction of the cost.

Refilling is simple, and the cost savings alone would be worth it.

Most of us here have gone this route (changeable cartridges) and most failed miserably to satisfy enough to quit.  After you have quit and no longer are dependent on all of the chemicals in cigarettes, and need a small stealthy portable rig, you might pick one up.  It will help get you by in public, mowing the lawn, or working on the car, until you can get a real vape off of a "normal" setup.

Here is an example of the cost savings:

1 - iStick 50W $29.99/ea  (4400mah) battery

1 - Kanger Protank 2 9.99/ea

1 - Kanger replacement coils 5pack $4.95

You would come up with a total of $44.93 you still have $65 left over for a heck of a lot of juice or another setup for backups....  I vape quite a bit, and $65 worth of juice will last me close to a month!

I've helped dozens of smokers find a decent rig, and always push them towards simple box-mods like the iStick 50W or 30W, or eGo-style like the Vision Spinner (original), eGo-Twist, or Evod-twist, and the recommendation of Kanger ProTanks or Nautilus are dependable and rugged.  I prefer the Kanger tanks because they are cheaper, and the coils are also much cheaper. 

Jason is spot-on with his pricing and recommendation... but I would suggest picking up at least two tanks, and eventually pick up a second battery (as a back-up).  You should always have back-ups!!  Eventually, you can pick up additional tanks, coils, etc. as you are no longer wasting money on smoking.  Additional tanks allow you to have tanks ready for other flavors, so you can change your flavor without dumping/cleaning at tank.

Forgive me guys but I am fairly new to the whole e cig thing... I don't know what a I stick is lol. Who makes that? Is that compatible with the kanger tanks? Or are they the same company? How are the tobacco flavors? Sorry I'm not trying to be a dumbass but I don't know any better lol

Sorry. It used to be easier, lol

You're going to have to do a little research on your own as it's just too much to cover in one post. 

Here are a coupke things you should know to get you started:

There are some industry standards in place to allow the connection of various devices with each other. 

There are 3 particular areas of interest:

- the tank or tank/atomizer (coil),

-the battery or power source

-and the juice itself.

They can each be researched separately but in the case of the hardware (tanks and batteries) they are sometimes paired with each other even though they are cross compatible with other devices. 

There are some proprietery combinations that are not cross compatible (like cigavette). 

Harware manufacturers areare, generally, not concerned with liquid and vice versa.

The iStick is a brand of power source. It does not include the tank or juice

You should research these areas, browse websites like Vaportalk and ask specific questions here for advice.    Good luck!

Thanks so much guys!  Looks like I got a lot of research ahead of me !  Just out of curiosity the what is the best tobacco flavors (brands )that you guys have tried ?  I'm on Marboro light smoker so anything similar would be great ,if not it's worth a shot trying out different ones !

Post a new topic in the eliquid section of the forum exlaining you are looking for suggestions for a tobacco flavor. 

I have not vaped a tobacco flavored ejuice since I discovered a cappuccino flavor about 2 weeks in to vaping 2 1/2 years ago, lol. Now, I hate tobacco flavors so I'd be of no help. I vaped Liqua American blend for 2 weeks and it got me off cigs.

Edited by Bebop

I also was a 2 pack a day reds smoker for almost 50 years and couldn't imagine life without cigarettes, cigars, or pipe.  (More when at the pub.)  Anyway I too was trying to find something that closely resembled a cigarette in both appearance and performance.  All those that I wasted a king's ransom on were abject failures and a great source of frustration.  I gave the whole thing up as a bad job.  Then I saw a ISP marketer puffing away on a cigar sized black tube and fascinated I watched him for quite a while making his pitch to several customers.  It never failed to produce vapour the whole time I was watching, maybe a half hour.  Finally he was free for a moment and I asked him about it.  He told me what it was and where he got it.  It was an eGo twist and the shop was only about ten kilometers away.  I went there and couldn't find the vendor.  Sheesh!  Told Sig Other about it and he surprised me with an eGo Twist and some kind of generic mini tank and some Liqua French Pipe flavoured liquid.  I tried it skeptically and wow!  I said this might actually do the quitting trick!  I had tried everything from nic gum, patches, hypnosis, Wellbutrin etc etc ad nauseam.  Two years and three months later I am a very happy and contented vaper. I unlike most here still love the smell of burning tobacco and like tobacco flavours.  I source from Malaysia so I won't be much help to you for flavour brands but there are some highly recommended liquids here the the eliquid section.  I've also learnt to enjoy some other flavours but I think I'm still of the mindset that a stick of juicy fruit or a snickers bar was no substitute for a great smoke :) Once you get past that hangup that your device needs to resemble a cigarette you'll find an awesome vaping experience from all those devices mentioned above.  Think of it like a jet engine designer making the first engine and the factory owner restricted him to use an already existing piston engine and not throw any of those piston engine components out and build off that to make the jet.  Think how impractical that would be. Cigarettes are designed to burn tobacco and work very well.  Producing vapour is a different concept so it needs a purpose built device and over the past few years the improvements have been exponential. I'll leave you with a last bit of advice and then shut up.  Tobacco smoke contains many many ingredients, many of which are toxic.  Cigarettes probably have additives that produce a slight narcotic effect, bronchial dilators, steroid type ingredients all of which make you enjoy smoking and want more.  I am convinced it's not the nicotine that terribly addictive as the FDA would have you believe.  I've found I can lower my standard 18 mg/ml to nothing and if I didn't know I wouldn't notice.  I've tested myself by having someone else fill my tanks and not tell me which contains nicotine  at 18 mg and which has nicotine at 3 mg.  Honestly I feel no difference, however my prejudice is always for the higher nicotine level.   Best of luck and do the research.  I can almost guarantee you a rewarding experience.  The learning curve was well worth it because I haven't felt this healthy since I was twelve and inhaled my first Winston.