New to Valing, new to forum

RMuesch

Hi all, I'm hoping to get good advice on mods and liquids. I quit smoking 6 years ago and started up again 2 months ago. I've been vaping for 2 days now and I'm sorry I didn't try this much sooner. 

Welcome to VT.

What type of liquid (strength, flavor, brand, PG/VG ratio) and what type of equipment are you using now?  There will be a lot of suggestion and opinions, but many of us will do our best to tailor suggestions and/or opinions based on what you are using now.

I'm currently using the aspire Nautalus mini, 1.8 ohm BVC atomizer with BS cluster - fluck 12mg vape. I'm still trying to figure the right volt to air ratio. I'm looking to get a smooth creamy taste and I'm not sure what cap to get or what to set the unit to, any input would be much appreciated. 

The air adjustment is going to increase or decrease the amount of air that flows through the tank as you draw.  If I remember correctly, the Nautilus mini has 4 settings.  The smallest setting will be tighter and restrictive while the largest setting will offer a looser draw.  Different air flows will have an effect on how warm or cool the vape is, the flavor and the amount of vapor produced.  

My advice on airflow - start with the lowest setting and take a drag without actually applying power to the battery.  If that is too tight, move to the next setting and repeat until you find what airflow is comfortable for you.  

Part of the enjoyment of vaping is experimenting with the different settings and finding out what is best for you.  You may find the lowest air flow setting on that Nautilus mini vaped at 3 volts (or 5 watts) will provide you with the perfect experience, or you may want a warmer vape with the same airflow and you'll find that bumping the power up to somewhere between 3.6 and 3.8 volts (7.2 to ~8 watts) will be perfect.  

Experiment.  Have some fun with it.  Everybody has different preferences.  We can (and will) help get you going in the right direction, but only you can decide what is best for you.