My take on the new iStick 40TC

jasonculp

I bought one of these on an impulse.  I was wanting a good backup to my daily use rig at the time a Zero 60watt TC clone.

I charged it up and threw it into my backup bag.  When I got to my first sales call of the day on the 13th, my Zero was getting weak.  I popped out the battery and grabbed my backup bag...no batteries.  I guess I left them in my office at the house...dang it.

I used the little iStick the rest of the day and was pleased.

I switched back and forth for about a week, and really seem to like the iStick the best out of the two.

There have been quite a few improvements over the 30 watt version that I had.  The 510 is spring loaded still, but it seems to be a better quality.  They repositioned the 510 so that a 22mm mod is flush on all sides. It is also a bit taller.  Of course it also has 10 more watts of power.  The button also is very solid and has a great feel

One thing that make this unique over the other TC mods is the way it works.  My other mods you have to adjust wattage to keep it from bumping the temp limit, it makes for a smoother vape.  When they regulate it seems to cool off and heat up when temp limiting kicks in.  Granted I only have experience with the mods I have, the SnowWolf 50 watt, and the Zero clone.  The iStick does temp control, like I thought it would be.  It runs a full 40 watts all the time in TC, and you adjust the temp as needed.  It transitions very smoothly when regulating, you never feel it in the vape. For a ~$30.00 semi-disposable mod.

If you are looking to test the water in temp control without spending much money, this thing is the way to go.

What's the mAh rating on this, Jason?

It says 2600mah.  I am assuming it is the same cell that was in the 20 and 30, or half of what you have in the 50's.  I have not taken this one apart...yet.

It lasts me all day with a bit left over.

Is it worth it as a backup TC Mod

To be honest, it is my main mod right now.  I have moved all the rest to backup status.

I am anxiously awaiting the new ipv mini D2, but until it hits the ground, I think the iStick is my go to.

I love my invader mini but the issues lately I need another TC mod for when it freaks out. My other mods help but I really miss TC when using them

I am just like you.  I have quite a few great mods that are sitting because I really like the temp control.  I used my VaporShark DNA 30 the other day with a standard coil in the SubTank mini, and it just isn't the same.  I have my Velocity with Kanthal build back on my ipv3 sitting by my chair.  I really like it on the TC mod, but none of mine are really powerful enough for the velocity.  It has so much airflow, it takes a lot of power to make the heat that I like.

I have got one, I am thinking of getting a couple more.  They can be bought in the basic kit for less than $30.00.  It has become my all day rig, for the last few weeks.

Unlike Phil, it lasts all day for me.

I think they will hold me over until the ipv mini D2 hits the ground.

Im getting ready to pull the trigger You still liking it Jason?

Yes I am.  I have an ipv d2 on preorder, and it should be here soon, but iStick is still my everyday - all day rig right now.  I have had one day that it didn't seem to last all day, but it was a hard day.  I think I drained my Saucecode 3 times that day.

I am thinking about getting a second one in a few weeks.  They are just too handy.  Unlike quite a few more modern mods you can turn this one off.  The 5 click thing actually turns it off unlike just locking like some of my others.  I have seen them for less than $30 (Mod only-no charger).  I think it is super cheap insurance, even if it stays in the glove box of the car!

I am thinking about getting a second one in a few weeks.  They are just too handy.  Unlike quite a few more modern mods you can turn this one off.  The 5 click thing actually turns it off unlike just locking like some of my others.  I have seen them for less than $30 (Mod only-no charger).  I think it is super cheap insurance, even if it stays in the glove box of the car!

One in my shopping cart now is 29.99 :):)

I have the Smok M80,although good in wattage mode it's terrible in Temp Mode.This IPV3 Li will be the test to see if I like temperature control or not.I do like those Istick 40tc's.I guess I need to get cracking on watching YouTube on temp control.I understand it to an extent but I'm far from being a pro.

I have the Smok M80,although good in wattage mode it's terrible in Temp Mode.This IPV3 Li will be the test to see if I like temperature control or not.I do like those Istick 40tc's.I guess I need to get cracking on watching YouTube on temp control.I understand it to an extent but I'm far from being a pro.

It takes a bit to get used to, and to find the settings that work for you.  I am sure the IPV3Li would be a great rig.  If you have a temp coil, I would start at 350 degrees with a low Joule setting and work them both up.  I have not got to use a YiHi chip with temp control yet, but if they are as good as their other chips, it will be great.

What tank are you using with it?

Right now I'm using the Arctic (my favorite tank) but I don't think they have nickel or titanium coils for them yet.I do have a subtank plus that I could get nickel coils for to try out

Right now I'm using the Arctic (my favorite tank) but I don't think they have nickel or titanium coils for them yet.I do have a subtank plus that I could get nickel coils for to try out

Yep, they have them.  http://www.myvaporstore.com/Replacement-Coil-for-Horizon-Arctic-Tank-Ni200-p/hz-arahz.htm

That's just the first link I came across and not necessarily the best price.  It's more just to show they are available.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines