how long befor i throw a coil away?

BFD

I don't think there is any evidence to back up that claim (at least that I'm aware of) but I would agree it's probably not a good idea to keep an old coil going longer than it needs to. I notice quickly when a coil is starting to get old and it just tastes "off" that's enough for me personally to ditch it. They are cheap enough these days it's not worth it IMO to keep them around longer. 

While this is going to be subjective, I generally change my kanger coils out every 6-7 days give or take. Of course if you're vaping at a higher voltage or vape more than I do, it could be sooner or longer. 

I can say that I've seen close ups of older coils and it does look pretty nasty. There is a lot buildup that occurs and I don't think reburning and inhaling it's a good idea. 

No clue about the health issues...I rebuild everything I have as soon as I start feeling like I'm not getting the full flavor of my juice. I guess it depends on how much you vape. With the basic coils and average vaping I would guess maybe a week/ week and a half. That's just my guess someone else might be able to give you more insight.

I usually go a week comfortably on a coil. Some juices are real coil gunkers and a week is too long. It really is not an exact science. Like Christopher, I know when my coil is dropping off in performance and since I rebuild them or re wick them myself I don't push them very far. It's too easy to rebuild or replace them. ANy time you taste that "off" flavor, it's time to change them out, imo. That bad taste is coming from somewhere not good, lol.

Bebop makes some good points. Juice quality is another big factor. Another thing is that in my experience anyway, VG tends to kill my coils faster than PG. (I've always been a PG guy going against the grain) 

But like Bebop said, there is no science to it, you can generally tell when the coil is starting to go down hill. I sort of compare it to those last few hits on a cigarette (you know where it gets really hot) you just sorta know at that point the cigarette is done. :) 

You're getting the general consensus, and everything above is good advice...   "off" tastes and poor draw (tight draw) are good indicators it's time to dump a coil.  I've read extensively and can't find anything more than conjecture about continued use of a gunked-up coil or one that has gone beyond it's usefulness, but as said above... why risk it?  Bad is bad, right?

PG gives throat hit, as well as Nicotine (to a lesser degree).  VG is the "cloud maker".  PG also is the flavor carrier... which is why 50/50 juices are so popular for flavor/cloud mix.

This is it in a nutshell. VG to me feels like you're inhaling thick steam. While PG you can really feel the hit on the back of your throat, not dissimilar to cigarettes. When I use VG I feel like I have to puff puff puff to really get anywhere. Then I end up with a headache from vaping too much. While PG gives me that kick I just enjoy. 

I need more pg in my juice ive had a couple analog relapses due to missing that good throat hit

Edited by BFD

No not yet but been thinking about stock piling nicotine incase the government gets squirly but till that happens most of mine comes from fadora and how you guys put the question in a box above your commet

Edited by BFD

No not yet but been thinking about stock piling nicotine incase the government gets squirly but till that happens most of mine comes from fadora

Ah I see I was just curious :) 

And I wouldn't worry about it too much. While regulation is sure to come down the pipeline, I don't think it will be a massive blanket ban, not yet anyway. (even still, like anything, if you're a mixer or looking for something, where there's a will there's a way) 

I finally found a good place to get juice locally they have an actual lab and wear all the gear (lab coats hair nets)i couldnt belive it buys his pg and vg in 55 gallon drums its called innevape if your bored check out their site.And sorry to get off topic

Edited by BFD

Just to reiterate what Chris said, this is a close-up of a standard KPT coil after 1 week.

gallery_1116_216_92631.jpg

This was with light use. I have seen them worse than this. Your juice can play a role as well to how gunked up a coil gets. For example Coffees, and sweet juices can look much worse over the same amount of time.

Just to reiterate what Chris said, this is a close-up of a standard KPT coil after 1 week.

gallery_1116_216_92631.jpg

This was with light use. I have seen them worse than this. Your juice can play a role as well to how gunked up a coil gets. For example Coffees, and sweet juices can look much worse over the same amount of time.

No bueno. This is why I change my coils out whenever possible. 

No bueno. This is why I change my coils out whenever possible.

Ive been tossing them after 3 days i learned i can go longer even though they are very affordable