Organic VG

I was running a little low on vg for my diy juice so I stopped at a local health food store today and picked up a quart of vg. The bottle only cost $15.50 (a little more than online) The label said it is food grade organic. I tasted a drop of it and it seemed sweeter than my other vg, Anyone else run into this and what's organic vg and how is it different than regular vg. 

It says Liquid Vegetable glycerin. off to the side it says organic food grade. Its made by Glory Bee foods in Oregon and sold under the name Aunt Patty's.  

All I could find was it is derived from Palm. Does it have an ingredient label? Or is it labeled 100% pure?

Vegetable glycerin can have different sources. Some lower grades are 90% pure and contain preservatives and such. The sweetness you taste may be from the source (Palm). Glycerin can be made from any vegetable oils. Some are made synthetically.

No ingredient list. I have heard some vg is a by product from making bio diesel. But maybe that's industrial grade. I think I'll go ahead and vape it. If I disappear from the forum you will know what happened. Even if something says pure it isn't necessarily true. From what I hear some diabetics use vg as a sweetener  maybe its that stuff.

The general consensus today is that pharma grade glycerin (used in asthma inhalers and such and almost impossible for us lay people to get) is the highest grade and deemed suitable for inhalation. The next grade down and most likely what we are vaping is food grade. It is important to note that the only difference between these two grades MAY be the testing and certification involved with pharma grade. Meaning it is most likely that there is no significant difference and only that food grade glycerin, because it is not designed to be inhaled, simply hasn't been certified for inhalation.

The absolute two grades that you want to avoid are "farm grade" glycerin and "industrial grade" glycerin. They are less pure and contain other additives or are derived from sources other than vegetable products.

For the last 1 1/2 years I have been using kosher food grade in my DIY and am still walking around and breathing easier since quitting analogs. Never know I might stick with buying from Aunt Patty I haven't vaped any of it yet but it might be better. 

High Desert vapes says it sells Pharmaceutical Grade Vegetable Glycerin $16.99 per liter

Edited by FXRich

Have used Wizard Labs since I started DIY, web site says VG 99.7% USP grade Kosher.

I'm not a chemist, guess this stuff is ok.

There are probably cheaper suppliers out there, but they have always done right by me.