Favorite tanks

BFD

To me, they function the same as far as air-flow, flavor, vapor, etc. because they are the same.... just different construction materials, which makes the Genitanks more affordable.

I have no problems with the copper Genitanks, but eventually (maybe in several years?) the chrome plating will wear away?  I've had all copper RDA's, and to me, they make the juice taste funky, compared to the neutral, food-grade stainless steel.  For that reason, I'll spend the extra few bucks and get the all stainless versions (non-Genitank).

Edited by Earthling789

If you don't like Areo, chances are you may not the Areo Mega. I think the Mega has a little better air flow, but it is basically the Areo up-sized and holds more E-Liquid. It also uses the same coil and the Areo.

What would anyone recommend in a large (doesn't have to be mega)just larger than aero need it bigger to hold all the good s**t im getting from fadora ,i do love my geni mega.

Edited by BFD

I use so many different tanks I couldn't recommend just one, although lately my Arctic is my go-to tank for higher vg liquids (such as my max vg PBFB from Fadora). But I routinely switch things up depending on which juice and the PG/VG blend. All of my tanks hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 3.5 ml of liquid.

Edited by Adversarious1

What would anyone recommend in a large (doesn't have to be mega)just larger than aero need it bigger to hold all the good s**t im getting from fadora ,i do love my geni mega.

Larger isn't always better. Every time you take a draw from your tank, the coil is heating up the rest of the juice as well. With a little time (and depending on how high you have your battery set up), your juice will discolor and begin to take a less than delicious flavor. When the juice turns a darker color from the repeated heating and reheating from the coil, it may be time to drain the tank, clean it out and start over with fresh juice.

If your tank is really big and you haven't had the chance to suck up all the juice, you may find yourself wasting quite a bit of it -- or not. In a smaller (than a mega) tank, you might have the chance to vape all the juice before this happens thereby lessening the chance of wasting juice.

So, the moral of the story is: bigger may not necessarily be better.  :)

I just seem to like the airflow better on the larger tanks but if you could recommend a smaller tank with great airflow pref dual bottom coil im all ears ,not married to dual bottom coil just like the way they work on many different tanks any help is greatly appreciated

I would second Comp's recommendation of an Aspire Nautilus. I have two Nautilus minis and really like how they work. You can also find a metal sleeve for the full sized Nautilus to help protect the Pyrex tank.  :)

I use so many different tanks I couldn't recommend just one, although lately my Arctic is my go-to tank for higher vg liquids (such as my max vg PBFB from Fadora). But I routinely switch things up depending on which juice and the PG/VG blend. All of my tanks hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 3.5 ml of liquid.

I agree, the airflow on the Arctic is fantastic, and using a 1.2 Ohm coil (single-coil, but it is a good coil) makes it work like an AeroTank on steroids.

Larger isn't always better. Every time you take a draw from your tank, the coil is heating up the rest of the juice as well. With a little time (and depending on how high you have your battery set up), your juice will discolor and begin to take a less than delicious flavor. When the juice turns a darker color from the repeated heating and reheating from the coil, it may be time to drain the tank, clean it out and start over with fresh juice.

If your tank is really big and you haven't had the chance to suck up all the juice, you may find yourself wasting quite a bit of it -- or not. In a smaller (than a mega) tank, you might have the chance to vape all the juice before this happens thereby lessening the chance of wasting juice.

So, the moral of the story is: bigger may not necessarily be better.  :)

Tam makes a fantastic point... aside from the obvious flaws of the Nautilus, it's 5ml size only provides a larger pot for cooking the juice as you vape it.  Personally, I prefer tanks < 4ml for that reason.  The standard 2.5ml Kanger tank size is perfect for not having too much juice sitting there cooking, yet still providing enough for all day (or most of the day) vaping.  When I'm using a juice that seems to be sensitive to heat, I generally use my KPT3 minis, which only hold 1.5ml, or I'll only half-fill my 2.5ml tanks.  My Russian's don't cook juice nearly as badly as the Kanger/Aspire tanks...

Earthling loves them with a fiery passion.  :D

Yes, he does :D

They could use a tiny bit more air-flow, but for their performance and durability... I can't find a (non-sub-ohm) drop-in coil tank that I like better!

Yes, I use RTAs daily, and RDAs occasionally.  Yes, I have sub-ohm tanks, and yes, I still use my KPT2's with air-flow-control bases... but of all the tanks I use, the Aerotanks (V1 and V2) and my Russian 91% RTAs see the most use.

Could I have just ordered the v2 airflow control valve and put it on my current aerotank and saved a couple bucks, or is that a no go

The whole tank is worthwhile, but yes, the V2 base also fits the V1 Aerotank, KPT2, and KPT3.  The base threading is the same, at least across those tanks.

If you like the V2, then it may be worthwhile to upgrade your V1 tanks with V2 bases... (I have for two of my V1's, but not all of them), and moved those V1 bases to KPT2 tanks.

Ok so i put a new coil in my aerotank today and to make a long story short it leaks juice under itself into what i call the well of the airflow control,should i change the little gasket on the coil or just toss it

It's not uncommon for juice to leak through the coil and get into the "well" like that... it is normal (to a point).  That is also the good thing about the airflow bases, they keep the juice from getting a direct-path to your battery :)

Just swab it out with a paper towel or tissue, screw the coil back down snug and try again.  If it floods or leaks constantly, the coil is bad (not likely the gasket).  Sometimes if you don't snug down the coil, you get leakage like that too.

Question, lets say you use 1.5 and once and while 1.2 ohm coils and you could only purchase one more tank for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Question, lets say you use 1.5 and once and while 1.2 ohm coils and you could only purchase one more tank for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Personally in that range, with a factory coil, with my juice...It would be a Sub Tank mini with the 1.2 ohm coil. (of course I prefer the RBA)