please help itaste 134 stopped working

Hi all

I have had the itaste 134 for around 5 months with no problem then yesterday morning it stopped working. it lights up and has a fully charged battery ive tried all 3 of my tanks and tried all 3 with new coils ive run voltage checks and im getting voltage all the way to the base of the tank but when i put the coil in i lose all reading the only way ive got it to work is to hold down the button while slowly screwing the tank on then it fires up but only for that one burst as soon as i let go of the button it stops working again. i hope my explanation makes sense thank you in advance for any help.

forgot to mention ive tried my tanks on other battery's and they work fine also ive just noticed that with the tank on the power light is staying on after i release it not sure but could this be a short circuit some where.

Edited by lexmuk

Hi Lexmuk - I know this may sound silly but have you thoroughly cleaned around the connection points on the itaste - a gentle tap will not do it any harm either.

Doesn't sound silly to me,sometimes it is as simple as a little cleaning.

Sounds to me like a tank has leaked some juice onto the top of the battery connections, and it's leaked INSIDE the battery. This will cause all sorts of strange things. Cleaning really well, and even flooding a little rubbing alcohol around the connection (then let it air-dry for HOURS) may be enough to clean it up.

It could also just be on it's last leg and ready for recycling? You'd think it would last longer, but I've had basic eGos last (going on 11-months now), and a few that were toast in less than 6 months.

hi thank you all for your replys i have cleaned it all with cotton buds it was surprising how much dirt there was on the centre pin but still no luck so i prised out the centre pin to check the grommet but that is all in one piece and after putting it back together still no joy.

I guessed it would have been the center pin or the need to be cleaned as well. I'm with earthling as well.I've had a couple of spinners that lasted about 5-6 months and crap out. I also have another one that's about a year old that has survived being dunked out of the kayak a time or two. It's been my primary for about 6-8 months until recently. It's a very reliable backup now.