Panzer Black Hawk Clone

logan108

Of the ones on their site, I'd select ONLY the Efest. If they have others at the store, I'd see if they have Sony VTC4, Samsung 25r, or as Rixter suggested, the 2500mAh Efest. You can't go wrong with the NiteCore charger either. I have two of their i-4 series and never had any issue with them... the WORK!

From their product page:

If you've been a vaper for a while, you have no doubt heard the name Efest.

This 18650 IMR Battery has a capacity of 2100mAh, a maximum discharge rate of 30Amps, and an operating voltage between 3.3 Volts and 4.1 Volts.

This battery is great in a mechanical mod, with a sub-ohm coil down to .5 Ohms.

This Efest battery carries the Anti-Counterfiet label so you can verify that it's not a clone.

So referring to the statement in red above, a freshly charged Li-Ion battery (4.2 volts) with a .5Ω load on it equals 8.4 amps. Voltage divided by resistance (ohms) equals current (amps). As long as your load doesn't go below .5Ω (as they recommend), you should be fine, but I'd try to get the 2500mAh version before going any lower than that.

okay thank you. Also besides the 3 set of coils he's giving me with one already installed with cotton and all he's also giving me around 10ft of Kanthal and around 10 pieces of Japanese cotton how many coils should that make and how long should the cotton last me?

okay thank you. Also besides the 3 set of coils he's giving me with one already installed with cotton and all he's also giving me around 10ft of Kanthal and around 10 pieces of Japanese cotton how many coils should that make and how long should the cotton last me?

You'll probably own too many mods by the time you run out of 10' of Kanthal & 10 pads of Japanese organic cotton. You'll want to separate those cotton pads in half to reduce their thickness a little, and that means you'll have 20 pads. That should last you quite some time. thumbup.gif

You'll probably own too many mods by the time you run out of 10' of Kanthal & 10 pads of Japanese organic cotton. You'll want to separate those cotton pads in half to reduce their thickness a little, and that means you'll have 20 pads. That should last you quite some time. thumbup.gif

Good! Also would you elaborate alittle more on what you meant earlier about the below 0.5 coils and that battery?

Good! Also would you elaborate alittle more on what you meant earlier about the below 0.5 coils and that battery?

There's some controversy as to whether or not Efest's labeled discharge rates are accurate or not. With the purple 2500mAh battery, they claim 20 amps continuous and 35 amp pulse (momentary). With the 2100mAh version, they only state 30 amps, and it's unclear as to whether that mean continuous or pulse. Since the store you're getting them from suggests .5Ω and above, I'd stick with that.

Personally, I've found no need to make coils any lower than .5Ω...that creates plenty of vapor in an RBA with airflow like the Plume Veil has. Remember that if you plan on using a dual-coil setup and want to achieve a .5Ω total load, you'll need to make two 1Ω coils, since when using two coils, you half the resistance of each coil. That's why having a meter is so critical...it's the most important piece of equipment you can have.

While the veil can definitely be used with a single coil, most prefer to use two coils because of the placement of the air intake slots. With only one coil, you'll still be getting air flowing in on the opposite side from your single coil, which will cut your vapor production down some. Ideally, with the battery your local store sells, you want to aim for two 1Ω coils for a total load of .5Ω. When you get the 2500mAh version of the purple Efest battery, you'll be able to go as low as two .4Ω coils for a total load of .2Ω. Personally, I set up my Infinite CLT (much like the Veil) with two .8Ω coils for a total load of .4Ω. That's plenty...trust me.

gallery_15088_188_9717.jpg

gallery_15088_188_50483.jpg

Those are pretty poor for vaping... capable of only 2.5A discharge, and they are protected button-top cells too.

These would be worse than Trustfire or Ultrafire batteries (for vaping), IMO, and would not go into ANY of my devices.

Those are pretty poor for vaping... capable of only 2.5A discharge, and they are protected button-top cells too.

These would be worse than Trustfire or Ultrafire batteries (for vaping), IMO, and would not go into ANY of my devices.

I didn't think it would be a good idea lol also if I decide to use the Plume on my Istick 30w is their anything special I would need to know?

Don't get me wrong...I still love the purple Efest 2500mAh batteries, but Efest has been a little misleading by labeling them as 35A when in truth, their maximum continuous discharge rate (the number that really matters for safety) is 20A.

efest_purple_18650_li_mn_01__56567.14054

Just my opinion... I just think any company that is making false claims just to sell something that could potentially hurt someone or worse, don't need my business. I have some Efest batteries, but they will not ever go in a mech nor will I buy any more. I just think it is bad business and is just wrong.

Just my opinion... I just think any company that is making false claims just to sell something that could potentially hurt someone or worse, don't need my business. I have some Efest batteries, but they will not ever go in a mech nor will I buy any more. I just think it is bad business and is just wrong.

I'm with you, Comp, to a point, but I really can't think of too many companies in today's world that don't exaggerate (read: lie) about their products' capabilities. I know, I know...we're talking about something that goes into a mod that's going to be near your face, but if you do a little research (like we've done here on VT forum), you'll uncover the truth, and then spread the word about what you can actually do with them. I don't go below .4Ω on any of my atties anyway, so we're only looking at 10½ amps on a freshly-charged 18650. A 20 amp continuous discharge rate battery gives me plenty of headroom for safety.

As for me, I'll keep using the purple Efest 2500mAh 20A/35A IMRs as long as they keep performing like they do. I've got six of them and they are all equally consistent, powerful batteries that don't break the bank.

I'm with you, Comp, to a point, but I really can't think of too many companies in today's world that don't exaggerate (read: lie) about their products' capabilities. I know, I know...we're talking about something that goes into a mod that's going to be near your face, but if you do a little research (like we've done here on VT forum), you'll uncover the truth, and then spread the word about what you can actually do with them. I don't go below .4Ω on any of my atties anyway, so we're only looking at 10½ amps on a freshly-charged 18650. A 20 amp continuous discharge rate battery gives me plenty of headroom for safety.

As for me, I'll keep using the purple Efest 2500mAh 20A/35A IMRs as long as they keep performing like they do. I've got six of them and they are all equally consistent, powerful batteries that don't break the bank.

I agree with this... I have built coils below 0.5 Ohms and did not care for the results... now I stick above 0.5 (usually 0.8 range), and for me, any 20A battery is going to give me ample lee-way :)

I've almost bought Efest batteries in the past, but when I can get Samsung 25r's for ~ $6.50 each from the local shop or from Amazon, I'm calling that a win-win... cheaper than Efest and guaranteed reliability/performance. I also use Sony VTC4's that I bought from Comp, but I would not have bought them from anywhere I didn't trust... like the Efest issues, there are way too many Sony's sold that aren't Sony!

I can't disagree with the fake Sony issues. But, that makes me nervous too when Efest is re wrapping them... Are they legit... and by no means am I saying they are not. I just think the vaping industry has enough issues without adding to them. It can't really be stopped so, As Rixter said, best we can do is do the research and make sure what we are using is right for the job we are using them for. Even though there is not much I can do, I still can't help but think of the person that didn't do the research and blows their hand or face off because of irresponsible markings. Having said that, I use what EFests I have in my APVs. I just "personally" would not trust it in a mech and a low ohm build. I would much rather use what I know is safe for what I do with them. That's all I'm saying smile.png

...best we can do is do the research and make sure what we are using is right for the job we are using them for.

...I just "personally" would not trust it in a mech and a low ohm build. I would much rather use what I know is safe for what I do with them.

Agreed. yes.gif

From the specs I've seen on the iStick 30W, it appears to be a pretty capable box mod for loads of .4Ω and up.

Features and Specs:

• 510 Threaded
  • Variable Wattage (VW) and Variable Voltage (VV) mode
  • Maximum Output Wattage: 30 Watts
  • Dimensions: 3-1/8" x 1-5/16" x 13/16"
  • Adjustable Voltage: the voltage is adjustable from 2.0V to 8.0V
  • Adjustable Wattage: the wattage is adjustable from 5W to 30W
  • Minimum Resistance: from 0.4 ohm
  • Built-in battery: Capacity 2200 mAh - to last all day long
  • Incremental OLED screen: battery condition, atomizer resistance, wattage and voltage
  • Battery Protections: atomizer short circuit protection, over 10 second protection and low voltage protection (battery lower than 3.3V)
  • Micro USB rechargeable: supports charging with a 1Amp wall adaptor which is faster