Vapor Damages Immune System in Mice

JohnnyFog

Interesting article but I'm skeptical of their results. Before getting off analogs I got colds constantly and had chronic sinusitis so bad that I had to have surgery done. Still caught colds and got sinus infections afterwards but not quite so often. Since I've been vaping, I have had two mild colds and one sinus infection per winter. In May I will have been using e-cigs for three years. :)

Yep. This article is designed to scare and alarm non-vapers and the anti-smoking public. You don't need logic and facts to control the public vote. All you need is fear. Smh.

Yep. This article is designed to scare and alarm non-vapers and the anti-smoking public. You don't need logic and facts to control the public vote. All you need is fear. Smh.

Wow! Haven't seen ya on in a while Bebop! Good to see ya bud!

Soooo these people study mice

that they infect with diseases just ta watch & see if they die????

I'm surprised PETA hasnt thrown a kaniption fit over this....

I'd also recommend the people do'n this study,, TO GETTA LIFE..

Soooo these people study mice

that they infect with diseases just ta watch & see if they die????

I'm surprised PETA hasnt thrown a kaniption fit over this....

I'd also recommend the people do'n this study,, TO GETTA LIFE..

they already do. Scientists have been using mice for ages. Hell they got mice flying little drone planes.

The just passed a bill here in OK giving us homeOWNERS the right ta shoot drones down if they are hoving over our property...

I'm one of those RedNecks that will say..

Bubba hold my beer & watch this....

Lol! I wouldn't want someone's drone in my territory. Nosy people.

hey jFog - thanks for the post.

The study appears to be well thought out.

- We know who did the story (JHB has creditably) but we need question who 'funded' the research.

Now, lets do the same test with ash burning real cigarettes - did the mice even live to finish the test? nuke.gif

Ok, I'll say it: you should never expose your body to any substance that is not in your bodies organic beneficial interest.

Major arguments, yet to see discussed:

1. Some juices contain sugar. Sugars crystallize when heated..... correct?

2. Your inhaling vapors from a heated coil (heavy metals). Can't see that as a perfect thing.

With that said ----- Vaping has proven to get long term smokers off cigarettes (never seen before conversion rates) and I have yet to see any data to outweigh that ongoing and demonstrated fact.

thumbsup.gif

3 cheers for Vapers
(winks at TAM)

With that said ----- Vaping has proven to get long term smokers off cigarettes (never seen before conversion rates) and I have yet to see any data to outweigh that ongoing and demonstrated fact.

Amen to that. Just about anyone who vapes either used to smoke or would've probably started smoking anyway. If what we want is an overall increase in health in the population, ecigs should have no opposition whatsoever.

......... If what we want is an overall increase in health in the population, ecigs should have no opposition whatsoever.

I think the antismoking zealots are so closed-minded that nothing makes any difference to their way of thinking.

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest."

author unknown

I think this pretty much describes their mindset.

Well for whatever its worth, I'm glad I discovered vaping. I had made several miserably unsuccessful attempts at quitting smoking prior to moving to vapor. The funny thing is I had quit two times before and not had a real issue with it either time. This third time has been a disaster though.

I did some research about vapor before I made the switch and could find no conclusive evidence or reasoning why I should avoid it. This article makes it rather clear, if you read into it, that even if vapor IS harmful that it's no where near as harmful as smoke.