changing tanks that are not empty yet

eCloudMaker

as I progress on this learning curve journey, i have stumbled again on something that is probably simpler than I tend to make things.

as a newbie, I bought about a dozen, or so, small volume juice samples.

I bought three tanks, seeing this coming - however.....

I want to try more samples, before I have emptied the tank

do I pour the old stuff out and then clean tank - aftre the clean-up I could try the next sample

----- that would be a waste of juice and wouldn't the used coils alter the taste somewhat?

what do you do? question.gif

Edited by Cloud Maker

Well.....I'm sure you'll get many reactions to this. But here's what I do....

I NEVER poor old juice back in to the bottle it came from. Not good.

If I don't care, I dump the juice, dry up the wick as much as possible and then add new juice if it's a similar or like flavor.

I never mix crazy flavors, like a mint with a coffee or a fruity then a bakery.

Most of the time I just vape down and re wick the coil and start fresh. If it's one of my favorite juices I start fresh with a brand new coil.

The solution is to have LOTS of tanks, haha. :)

thank you such a fast reply

I have yet to find a favorite juice... that is the current quest

right now, it is silly and probably more of a newbie thing --- but I hate wasting nicotine that I am still hooked on

I have a bit of a tasteless solution, but it might work

I have some small glass bottles, I will label them 24ml, 12ml nicotine and such, then pour left overs in the bottles based on nicotine level

taste would be off, but I probably didn't like the flavor in the first place.

I have simple goals right now,

#1 - Don't run out of anything while I make this transition

# 2 - take another vape

I have already realized:

-- you need two batteries

-- still waiting for this to be cheaper than smoking cigs (I am way, way over my smoking budget and I still want more stuff) - lol

Edited by Cloud Maker

& if ya like cinnamon flavors dedicate that tank fer Cinnamon (make sure its NOT yer goto tank)

use vodka ta clean out minty or crazy flavors..

I got lucky & tried 4 flavors at local shop before I found my joose..

& yes,, ya cood putta big dent in squaring the National Debt.. but it'll slow down when ya hit yer Happy level

I'll tell ya what the owner of our vape shop told me (if yer a long time heavy smoker),,

Get a Variable Voltage & Variable Wattage mod.....

adjusting the wattage & voltage IS the key ta getting ta yer Happy Level...

i agree with multi tanks. I can kick myself' never thought of dedicating tanks to a flavor group...thats a good idea.

I also brought a dripping atomizer to pour the little left over juice in if its a worthy juice.

I have already realized:

-- you need two batteries

-- still waiting for this to be cheaper than smoking cigs (I am way, way over my smoking budget and I still want more stuff) - lol

Start up costs can be a bit steep, but once you have your gear, maintenance is all that's needed.

Unless you see something new and shiny that you just must have! :)

A minimum of two batteries is a must when starting. More than two is an insurance policy against bad days when one battery dies only to find out that you forgot to charge your back up battery. Or you lose one and the only one you have left needs to be charged or one breaks and the other one is at home... You get the picture. Get back ups of your back ups. You can never have too many. When you have a bad day, you'll be thankful that you got extras.

It happened to me the other day. One battery ran down and needed charged. I changed to my back up. It, too, was dead. Went to back up #3, don't know why it wasn't working. Back up #4 finally worked while I charged/recharged all three batteries. Sometimes it's the batteries, sometimes it's the tanks, sometimes it's the coils, the juice, whatever. :)

Tam is always spot-on with preaching about backups for your backups :) I've been in that position too, where one dies, another has no charge (when you thought it did), and a third (or fourth) finally works enough to get you home...

As for tanks... I keep one flavor in one tank, or at least rotate two similar flavors in the same tank, so I'm not having to clean them as often (to remove flavors) or swap coils as often (to remove flavors). I currently vape about a dozen or so different flavors... but only have TWO favorites... the others are a few hits here and there to mix up the pallet. I have roughly 20 tanks that I use regularly. 16 of them are rotating through different flavors, and the rest hold my all-day-vapes, so I don't have to stop and fill a tank when I vape it dry. Currently on my desk are 4 box-mods (two with my two ADVs, two with other good flavors), and all the other tanks are sitting in the rack, filled, and ready to vape when I want them.

Sooo, yes, as you progress into vaping, picking up a tank here, battery there... you will eventually have more than you "think" you'll need, lol, but as you start out, having a few tanks (I always like to suggest 3-4, minimum) and batteries (minimum of two) to keep you going through the day, and allows you to try new juice flavors, and still have a "current favorite" loaded and ready.