Predicate may be the answer to fda regulations

lintz69

A pipe dream? (Pun intended)

The Holy Grail of hardware manufacturers. The idea that the holder of a 10 year old technology will dominate the market is a little absurd. What I think is the tobacco biggies will survive the FDA and then pass on the costs to the consumer and the consumer will pay "$6 a pack" prices to vape. Meanwhile, we'll be firing up the still hidden in the back 40 and sitting around clutching our our mods and pro tanks talking about the glory days of vaping...

^^ This ^^

They're banking on the grandfather clause proposed by the FDA to eliminate the market for all but inefficient cig-a-likes... which is what Big-Tobacco WANTS to be as the only option for vapers. They know they don't work as a succession aid/device, so they will ensure their dominance in the market, aided by their buddies in government, paving the way for their success.

If regulation were to pass to kill the vaping market as it is "today", you'd see vaping gear flying off the shelves like guns and ammo did a few years ago, and you better believe my stockpile of tanks, mods, coils, wire, etc would be worth twice their weight in gold!!

A pipe dream? (Pun intended)

................. Meanwhile, we'll be firing up the still hidden in the back 40 and sitting around clutching our our mods and pro tanks talking about the glory days of vaping...

Doesn't really apply, but when I read the above, "Alice's Restaurant" popped up in my mind. Sittin on the Group W bench cause I had a paint-bare battery and an old EVOD in my pocket when the Feds invaded the back 40 hootnanny.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, there was a patent by gilbert herbert that was for an ecig device. If he was to hold on to his rights, his may be the key. But that was in the 50s or 60s that he had the original patent done. Not sure how long patents stay active for.