Getting sick because of Vape?

thatlinkgirl

I have a sigelei 150 box mod with a dark horse RDA. I have been vaping for over 6 months but recently I got the flu for 2 weeks then was fine for like a week and a half then got a bad soar throat for a week and a half and the was good for a week and this morning I woke up with my throat hurting and a cold. Is it because of the Vape or what?

Edited by thatlinkgirl

PG and Nicotine are an irritant to your throat. If I have a cold I will cut my nicotine and raise my VG so I get less throat hit and it won't make me cough. You are more than likely just hitting a bad series of bugs. I'm no doctor, but in my experience when I first started vaping I was also cleaning my body of toxins and got sick 3 times the first winter. I noticed that when I was smoking cigarettes the sickness would linger for months. When I was vaping it only lasted a couple weeks. Vaping IMO is not causing your colds or flu, but as I said that is just my opinion.

If I were you, I would go see my Dr. There has been a lot of flu going around our area. I have been off of analogs about as long as you and I have never felt better. I went in recently because I felt like I was getting the flu. It never fully developed, just nagged, and nagged, but I never got sick. They did the test where they shove a cotton swab 4 inches into your brain to see if you have the flu. It was negative. I was not running any fever either. He gave me some samples of 2 nose sprays and it went away. He said it was allergies. I take Zyrtec daily and I guess it has quit working.

On a side note, I probably get more nicotine now than I ever did when I smoked. I am using 24mg as my all day vape. I now get head rushes a few times a day and I never did with analogs. He was amazed that my blood pressure has normalized, we have fought it since I was 16 years old. (2 pills a day) He said my lungs have never sounded better. I never enjoy going to the doctor, but this time was great!

I hate to ask the obvious question... but when you were sick, you were obviously spreading the little bugs all over (and in) your vaping gear.... SO, did you sterilize everything after you got better? If not, you could just be handing your near healthy system another dose of whatever it just fought-off....

When I'm feeling ill, I stick to a couple of tanks or RTA's... and each time I finish a tank, I drop the drip-tip into 91% rubbing alcohol to soak for a few minutes. After I get over whatever I had (which rarely lasts more than a couple days since I stopped smoking), I clean, rinse, and soak my "sick" tanks in freshly boiled water (until cool), then soak again in Vodka for a few minutes... air-dry, and use. This way I ensure I've not retained any bacteria or virus in those devices. I also wipe down my Mods/batteries with rubbing alcohol at least twice per day when I'm feeling ill... just in case I transfer anything or retain any "critters", lol

Edited by Earthling789