aerotank v2 leaking

I am having problems with one of my aerotank v2's leaking out of the hole in the coil. I cant figure out why I have made sure nothing is over-tightened. If I vape it for a short time the tank leaks all over the battery and it feels as if I am sucking liquid through a straw. This is a very new tank I purchased it a week or so ago. It came on an evod mega kit. This is not my only tank but the only one with a problem. I have contacted kangertech and they said if I ship it to them they will fix or replace it but I first want to make sure it is nothing on my end. I just put yet another coil in to make sure the first couple were not the culprit but am unsure of what else to check.

I am on my third coil they are gunuine kangertech and I also checked autehticity of the tank through kangertech. It seems the tanks are so simple I cant imagine how it could be a defect but I cant understand the problem. My other two tanks don't leak at all I have even tried switching the base on two of them to see if that could be the issue. I am lost here.

Also. Make sure after a major leak like that, that you dissassemble and clean all parts thoroughly making sure you dab out all pieces, the chimney and tip etc.

Beyond that it has to be a defective tank as Tam says.

update. pretty sure it is not the coils that are leaking. After putting in a new coil and still having my battery soaked I took the tank off and set it on its side overnight. the tank seems to be leaking where the base screws on. I tried two basses both leaked so it must be in the threads to the tank I think. neither leaked on my other tank. I am going to try and send the leaking tank back this week if this weather here in the northeast lets up.

Have you checked the o rings? I've had the o rings come off when dissembling. Check it out.it could be a simple fix

the o rings are on both bases so it has to be the tank i would say

What about the base that the coil screws into?

That o-ring is part of the coil.

Sounds like the threads that accept the coil are bad...or they're rough and the coils is binding before it seats properly. You could try tweaking it lightly with some needlenose pliers. It may have gotten cross-threaded by an assembler at the plant. The metal is soft and won't take an error like that

pretty sure its the threads directly on the tank that accept the base not where the coil seats into base. if it were near the coil the second base would have fixed the problem. diether way if I can get it sent off they can fix it at the kangertech factory.

Hopefully kangertech makes it right.

I'm sure you've read this from Kanger:

Tips

The metal tube in the center of this Clearomizer leads from the mouthpiece to the battery end. Avoid getting liquid in this tube when filling the Clearomizer. When unfastening the base (atomizer head) to refill the Clearomizer, the seals are temporarily broken and liquid will leak from the mouthpiece or escape into the center tube. Always wrap a cloth or piece of tissue around the mouthpiece when unfastening the base of the Clearomizer.

Gurgling noise or leaks: This is a sign that liquid has found its way into the metal tube in the center of the Clearomizer (and usually occurs after a refill). Ridding the center tube of liquid will resolve the issue. To do so without emptying the tank, remove the Clearomizer from the battery, wrap a cloth or tissue around the battery end of the Clearomizer and blow through the mouthpiece.

The atomizer head of the Protank can unfasten when unscrewing the tube or base. Always secure the atomizer head before reinstalling the base of the Protank.

It is normal to find a small amount of liquid in the battery contact area when removing the Clearomizer or any atomizer. We recommend cleaning the battery before charging it.

When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eLiquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks.

Atomizer heads have an average lifespan between 10 to 20 days. When the atomizer head wears down, it may begin to leak. Replace the atomizer head with a new one if available.