Weirdest Food You've Ever Eaten

I'm not a fan of raw oysters, they taste like a cold blob of fat and blubber.I don't get why people like them. But I will eat them fried.

I love good oysters any way they come lol. Lightly steamed is probably my favorite simple way but I never turn down Oysters Rockefeller on any menu!

Well, I'm not a fan of seafood what so ever, so the weirdest food I've tried would probably be the time I went to a sushi restraint with my, now ex, fiance. I tried bbq'd squid. It actually wasn't horrible besides its odd texture.

I've also had chocolate covered crickets, sent as a free gift from a feed supplier for reptiles. Kinda tasted like a weird 'Crunch Bar'.

Neither of which I've had on a second occasion, nor do I ever plan on having again.

Ooooh, I just thought of another one I tried when I was in Texas and Mexico many years ago... Deep fried earthworms! They wash them in running water, then dump them in a big bowl of flour and seasoning... then drop them in the deep fryer like french-fries! And, that is how you eat them, with a little salt and ketchup or salsa:) They tasted like crispy shoestring curly fries....

Ooooh, I just thought of another one I tried when I was in Texas and Mexico many years ago... Deep fried earthworms! They wash them in running water, then dump them in a big bowl of flour and seasoning... then drop them in the deep fryer like french-fries! And, that is how you eat them, with a little salt and ketchup or salsa:) They tasted like crispy shoestring curly fries....

I've lived in Texas my entire life and never heard of eating fried earthworms..I'll try anything once lol

Octopus, squid, alligator, rabbit, squirrel, birds of all kinds, raccoon, I could go on. There isn't much that I wouldn't at least try and most of it I like a lot. I would like to try rattle snake, frog legs, black bear. Heard those were good. But I can't recall ever eating anything "weird".

Mmmmmm, Prairie Oysters, or as they seem to be known around here "Rocky Mountain Oysters" for no readily apparent reason.

My mom used to get tongue quite regularly, she'd roast it then we'd have it sliced for sandwiches at school. Not my favorite either, but it was okay.

Love love love oysters, any way any how, though my wife agrees with those who say they're gross.

Weirdest eating experience, though not necessarily the weirdest food was when I was living in Bangalore, India for six months. My co-workers took me to a "typical" lunch place where everything was served on a large banana leaf. You started with a big dollup of dal (stewed lentils basicly), and mixed in various other veggies (and bits of stewed meat if you were non-veg), and then scooped it up with your fingers to eat. Seriously messy, but an amazing meal! Just don't ask me what the meat was, or what any of the veggies were, I have no idea.

Oh! Here's a seriously weird one, Jackfruit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit) these enormous pods like two or three feet long (or more, seriously these things are huge) with a sort of pebbly textured skin, weighing 50 pounds or more. The pods are cut open to get out the actual fruits which are about the size of your hand. The flavor is like a cross between a mango, pineapple and banana, sort of. We had it as jam on toast and it was totally delicious.

I was raised to eat what was put in front of me or go hungry, so I can eat anything!

Steak and kidney pie is great. We raise our own livestock (sheep and goat) so supply rarely an issue, though we do get odd looks at the meat processor.

The most fun I've had was sitting outside the mess tent while on maneuvers in the Army (yes, I was a cook), and toasting grasshoppers on sheets of foil over an open fire. I liked em - nutty! But the troops, for some reason, chose to pass...

I also used to roam the river's edge in northwestern Colorado and harvest arrowhead tubers, wild mint, and wild cress. Me and Euel Gibbons!

My favorite program is Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

I was raised to eat what was put in front of me or go hungry, so I can eat anything!

Steak and kidney pie is great. We raise our own livestock (sheep and goat) so supply rarely an issue, though we do get odd looks at the meat processor.

The most fun I've had was sitting outside the mess tent while on maneuvers in the Army (yes, I was a cook), and toasting grasshoppers on sheets of foil over an open fire. I liked em - nutty! But the troops, for some reason, chose to pass...

I also used to roam the river's edge in northwestern Colorado and harvest arrowhead tubers, wild mint, and wild cress. Me and Euel Gibbons!

My favorite program is Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

A good fresh batch of watercress is hard to beat in a salad!