A Dream Job... my sideline career...

I work full time as an x-ray tech at a local hospital, but my sideline career has surpassed my day job in terms of income during the last year. I have been lucky enough to turn a hobby into a real money maker.

I work for Kamado Joe grills out of Duluth, GA. I'm their Social Media manager and I also make cooking videos for their YouTube channel. I put out about one video per week. Here's a sample of this extremely fun job:

I started out running a YouTube channel called Man Cave Meals where I simply cooked on various grills and smokers I have. I got noticed by Kamado Joe and they offered to supply me with some of their ceramic kamado grills to use on my channel. The response they got from my videos was excellent and they have since contracted me to do this exclusively for them.

I hope each of you have a job/career that you love as much as I love mine :)

There's nothing more attractive than a man who cooks! Lol congrats on your accomplishment JohnnyFog. Being a southern gal, like you, I do a lot of cooking too but it looks like you have arrived!

My cousin owns a bbq resturant and I've cooked a lot for him and he also caters and that is hard work but when you see people enjoy it and always come back it's certainly gratifying.

These days I spend a lot of time taking care of my little hobby farm with donkeys pigs goats geese and chickens and of course dogs and cats. I get rescue calls and I breed certain breeds for purity so I guess that is my dream job slash hobby.

Deanna

I have my dream part time job making E-Liquid. I'm working hard to make it full time, but I'm very pleased when I can help keep people off analogs by what I'm doing.

I do cook as well and love doing it I just hate the clean up. LOL There is nothing better than satisfying a pallet with good food or a tasty E-Liquid.

I also have my dream job after slaving away in silicon valley for 25 years. :)

Sorry to see the man cave has gone but congratulations on your new endeavor! I checked out a couple of your vids and I'd like you to mail me a couple of rib eyes med rare, please. Haha. That is some mouth watering bbq. :)

This really makes me fee great, and jealous!

Every time I have taken a hobby and made a job out of it, it took all the fun out of the hobby and made it work... I am not at the "dream job" status...yet. I do love what I do, but there is too many things keeping me from doing it like I want. I can't complain, as a B2B salesman (Manufacturer's Representative/Territory Manager) I get to travel, eat well, help people fix their problems, drink a lot of coffee, and visit a lot of people on someone elses dime. The down side is our company infrastructure sucks, we are headed in the right direction, just need a few more years of progress.