Little or no taste when vaping

Lack of flavor could be a failing coil...

The coils that ship with the tanks are notorious for being sub-standard... personally I think they are contaminated with machining oils... But, even then, a coil used steadily (especially with dark/sweet juices) will generally start to give-out after 18-25ml of juice have been vaped through it.... That's the life-span in my experience with Kanger coils... 18-20ml and you start to notice some decrease in function... and sometime after 25ml the decrease intensifies. It does not always happen this way... some may hold out for 40ml before decrease, but I'm just giving ball-park-averages, based on my experience.

Did you thoroughly clean the tank before you started using it? Have you tried a replacement coil? What battery/device are you using with the Mega?

Lex posted this same question in the New Vapers - Ask a Question thread:

According to this, she says she's using an emode APV.

Hey, Lex? You only have to post once, it may take a little while but someone will get to you. :)

Vapers tongue perhaps? Try s different flavor before you blame the tank. Soak the coil pack in alcohol a few hours and then rinse and dry it, then put a different flavor in it and give it a try...if it works...vapors tongue...if not:replace the coil.

This seems to be a new vaper, can you explain what type of alcohol you meant?

I tried changing the coil this morning it's still pretty much the same, maybe a slight improvement but I'm not getting much vapor anymore either. Could it be the liquid itself? My friend has the exact same liquid in his but it tastes so much better. I don't get it

I would start over.

Break everything down and clean all parts and dry thoroughly. Fresh coil. Don't forget to clean all threads and contacts in tank and battery. Fresh juice. How many ml do you vape per day? Every other tank, clean tank before refill. Don't just keep topping off old juice with new.

Give that a shot....

BeBop is wise... once you "burn" a coil in a tank, any juice in that tank will pick up the burnt flavor... so you'll think the next dozen coils are all burnt too, when they're not.

Empty the tank, tear it apart, wash, wash, rinse, rinse, rinse, and air-dry overnight. Pop in a fresh coil with fresh juice, and you'll probably find the problem solved.

Another thought is are both you and your friend using the same resistance coils? I ask because I only use 1.8ohm coils and the other day I had one go bad at work and wouldn't fire and only had replacement coils here in 2.2 ohm and I could barely taste anything until I got home and put a 1.8 back in. It is amazing how resistance can reduce flavor at a constant power setting.

My friends is 1.8 too, but yeah I'll try taking it all apart and cleaning it. Maybe the two coils that came with it aren't so great or something like that. it's been a little bit better today, although it's the same with both tanks that I use. I must be doing something wrong surely!

I've had some flavors, one in particular, that went through coils in nothing flat. Great juice, LOVED the flavor, but it darn near ATE through coils. And with that juice, for some reason, when the coil went bad, well, RIGHT before it went bad, it would sort of weaken a bit - you know, like the power behind the vape weakened or something, but sometimes not. But more often than not, those coils just stopped DEAD. Using it fine one minute, the next it's not firing on ANY device (I have my Sigelei Zmax, a VTR, an MVP and a Twist right here that I check tanks/coils out on if they are acting odd or strange on one device I'll check it with any of my back up device - the Zmax is my main device now, though).

But Bebop is right, too, about taking the tank apart and cleaning everything. Well, if it's possible to screw something up, I can do it. I've burned silica wicks twice in one day before, and the only solution was at the very least, dumping the "burned" juice out and replacing the juice and coil, but the results were better when I just cleaned the whole thing. Although, I didn't do a vodka soak, like I would on a tank that I'm emptying a flavor out of of, I just washed it in hot soapy water, and it doesn't take long to air dry.

BUT, I also wouldn't compare the taste from hers to yours. The only way you'll get the same taste is if you are using the exact same juice, same nic level, same pg/vg balance, same resistance, same device, same tank, and the same settings. Just the difference in taste between my ProTank and my Kayfun 3.1, even with the same resistance on the coil makes a HUGE difference in taste. The juice will never taste the same out of two different tanks, even if everything else is identical.

This seems to be a new vaper, can you explain what type of alcohol you meant?

rubbing alcohol or everclear. everclear would probably work better as it has a very high alcohol content and no flavor.

the idea is to soak the coil and tank in alcohol for a couple hours which will help break up and remove juice residue buildup on the wicks and coils and gets rid of any lingering bad flavors that might have contaminated your tank/wick. then remove the tank and coils from the alcohol and rinse under warm water and let them air dry on the counter.

once dry, reassemble juice it up and give it a try. If the coil is still good, it should perform and taste like new again.