Great Forum

NCHornet

New member from NC and just wanted to say hello. Looking to get into vaping. I have decided what I would like to try unless someone can talk me out of it.

Itaste VTR

Nautilus Tank

Pro Tank II

A couple 18650 batteries

Charger

Spare coils

And of course Juice

I know the VTR is heavy but this is for home use and won't bother me. I prefer a replaceable battery over something that has to be charged and you are dead in the water until that happens. I can always have a spare charging. Tanks aren't an issue as the VTR comes with an adapter that will allow any 510 tank, tip, etc to fit, although it will be a little taller. If someone can recommend something else I am all ears. I hope to be able to help other newbies once I learn a bit more.

Hope everyone has a great day. If anyone knows of any good vape store in Winston Salem to Mount Airy please let me know.

Take Care

NCH

Welcome...

I saw your other post, regarding the VTR, and while I'll champion them for being a dependable work-horse, and perfect for people that need a rugged device at work/home... for the price... and having to invest in a $20-40 charger and at least $20-40 in batteries (for starters) on TOP of a $80-100 device... I still stand behind my suggestion of the Eleaf iStick.

For the price you'll be paying for the VTR and all the necessary parts to make it work, you can buy 4 or 5 iSticks! They're smaller, lighter, output higher Wattage, and charge by your cell-phone charger (in about 4 hours if fully depleted). I can't speak to their durability (yet), and some have said the 510 threads are "weak", but I have no experience with that (and many people have stripped-out their 510 connector on the VTR, too). I love my MVP (brother to the VTR), and the iStick is very similar. Another down-side to having big-bucks tied-up in only one "device" is the "what-if" scenario... What if the device malfunctions? Having 20 18650's do no good at that point... so you should have at least one or two other devices to fire your tanks :)

Bottom-line, for any person just starting out, I always try to suggest you keep the equipment simple (and plentiful, as in extras / back-ups), so you can spend your extra cash in the "quest for juice", lol

Your mileage may vary, but I'll give an example of a recent experience I had (needing backups)... I left the house for a day-trip on my motorcycle, carrying a mech-mod, MVP, and two eGo batteries. During the day, the mech-mod malfunctioned, my MVP was depleted as an emergency charger for my cell-phone, one eGo died after about 20 hits, and the last eGo ran out of juice about 20-min after I got home! Being stranded away from home, in the middle of nowhere, without a working battery is a horrible place to be... which is why we stress back-ups, back-ups, back-ups... and even a $10 eGo battery is better than nothing!

Earthling speaks with much wisdom. While I love my VTR, it rarely gets used anymore due to its sheer weight and heft. While it makes a great self defense accessory, it's not something that is what I would consider to be user-friendly. The newer Eleaf iStick that Earthling speaks of gives off more power, is more portable, less cost, and would be much more versatile than the VTR.

Despite all the different battieries and mods and APVs I have, my next purchase is the Eleaf iStick. With 20 watts available, I'll be able to use some of the newer tanks that are coming out. The VTR maxes out at 15 watts and isn't enough.

Get whatever makes you happy but really, get at least two (if not more) back ups. We never take back ups seriously enough until we're in a situation like what Earthling said. Then, the light bulb goes off and we're left scratching our heads thinking, "...so this is what they were talking about..." :D