NooB sort of question on eLeaf iStick and KangerTech

RichM-RI

Hello All!

Been just vaping for 6 months after I had a heart attack in June - was smoking a pack and a half of Camels but just juice now - so grateful!

I just upgraded my setup to an eLeaf iStick. I currently use a KangerTech ProTank II.

The saleman at my local store has been giving me 1.8 coils to replace. On the iStick it seems 3.3v is the sweet spot.

OK - confused so here is the question: Can I get a different coil replacement and then go higher volts? At 4v it tastes just burnt. If I up to 2.5 coils or whatever (???) can I go higher?

What difference does that make?

More cloud? More hit? More what?

Been searching and searching and can't find the answers to the above......

Anyone have the same setup and recommendations?

MANY THANKS!

I like 1.8 ohms on a pro tank 2, but you should be able to push it to 3.7 a 3.8 comfortably. It really just depends on the juice at this point. If you don't change anything else (coil, power ) you should check out some juices. 50/50 pg/vg is going to be a nice starting point. Then just find the flavors you like. If you want less vapor go to 60/40 or 70/30. Want more vapor go to 40/60.

For you right now it's all about finding the juice....

I also like as low as 1.5 ohms but you gotta have the right juice cuz it's hot and lots of vapor

Good luck. :)

Edited by Bebop

The higher resistance in your coils (like 2.5 or 3.0), the faster your battery drains and will need to be recharged. Higher voltage/wattage does not equate to better vapor. It just means you're drawing more power. There's nothing wrong with using a 1.8 ohm coil -- that's my preferred for all of my Pro Tank and Davide tanks, it's so versatile and user-friendly.

3.3v might be just a tad too low for a 1.8 ohm coil. What you might do is start there, vape. Turn it up just a bit. Vape. Keep doing that until you get a burnt taste. Turn it down a notch. That should be the sweet spot for that particular juice. :)

You're welcome. And listen to Bebop and Compenstine, they won't steer you wrong.

Comp has Fadora Vapor, one of our favorite juice vendors. As you've already experienced, he's very helpful and his juices are... OMG, phenomenal. If you want some high quality juice and solid advice on his juices, listen to Comp. We love him and his juices around here a LOT! :lol:

I find I can get more vapor production and better taste using the Wattage settings.It allows you to adjust better for coil and juice. I started out using the voltage settings and found that the wattage was better for me. This is part of vaping you need to find what works for you. Try setting your wattage to say 5 watts and take a vape. Then, set it for 15 watts and take a vape you will see what I mean. :) With the High PG this may give a slight nose burn. If so try 12 watts it will lessen the nose burn.

I've been using my iStick in VW mode, and find that juices that taste good (Kanger AeroTank @ 1.5 Ohm) at 9W on my MVP, taste the same on the iStick set at 8W, and could step back down to 7.5W, too, without any loss of flavor... It has to do with the way the chip-set calculates power (Mean -vs- RMS), which makes the iStick appear to fire higher than the settings. I would not be surprised if the 20W setting were actually closer to 25W on a comparable RMS chip-set device....