ITASTE VTR Recommended for a newbie?

NCHornet

I am new to vaping and would like to buy once, cry once, if you know I mean by that. It probably won't happen because things are changing every day, but for general moderate vaping will this do the job and last? The pricing is all over the place on these, I have seen them as high as $120 and as low as $49.99, can anyone recommend a vendor to purchase from? If you would recommend something else please let me now. I know I will have to buy batteries, charger and extra coils is there anything specific I need to know about these things? I assume it is best to buy the coils direct from IClear, correct? Thanks in advance for the help.
NCH

Since you're on the Vapor Talk forum, I'd suggest taking a look at the VT store: http://www.vaportalk.com/product-category/ecig-upgrades/variable-voltage-ecig-mods/

Besides that, the VT store only sells top quality, they tell you what you're getting with no BS, and customer service is stellar. I may be an admin here but I don't work for them. I do, however, buy nearly everything from the VT store due to low prices, quality merchandise, and I can jump all over Christopher should I need help with customer service (although this has never been an issue). :D

I love my VTR but it doesn't get the workout like my Vision Spinners. The VTR is a box style battery that needs extra parts like you listed. The Vision Spinners are variable voltage only but you only need to get a charger, the tank and juice and you're ready to go. For a beginner, I would suggest these workhorses.

The VTR is limited to 15 watts of power while there are other box mods out there that give off considerably more power. It's also pretty hefty so not something you put into your front pocket and go.

We stress getting back ups here. And back ups of your back ups in case your first back ups (or first two or three) somehow stop working. With the Spinners, you can get three or more batteries for the price of the one APV, batteries, charger, etc.

Add an Aspire Nautilus (or Nautilus mini) and several 5-packs of coils and some juice and you're good to go.

Others will chime in and give you their suggestions. We have a great bunch of members here who are all about helping new vapers. Welcome. :)

If you had asked this same question 6 months ago it would be thought of differently. Now, the iStick 20watt is a much better beginner to intermediate device for someone looking for a device to get started. IMO It doesn't have a replaceable battery, but it's also 1/3rd the price in general.

I just got my iStick a few days ago, and I'm feeling like they will be replacing my eGo-style batteries VERY soon... Better capacity (life between charges), easier to charge with micro-USB cable, VV / VW and a good, solid grip (and don't look / feel so top-heavy with a bigger tank on them).

I love my MVP, but the iStick is my new #2. They are a bit quirky because their chip-set calculates Ohm's Law based on Mean, rather than RMS values, so what tastes good at 9W on the MVP doesn't directly translate to the same setting on the iStick, but if you had never compared the two, you'd not realize the difference.

I think I'll keep a couple eGo's around as back-ups-for-my-back-ups (at least until they die-off), and for using with my cartos when working in the yard, etc., but I'll not be keeping my "minimum of 4" like before.

Thanks for the welcomes and info. I will be sure to check out the VT Store. I should have mentioned that I am disabled so I doubt I will be taking it out and about with me. The weight isn't an issue either, I need a good arm work out, lol!!! I liked the replaceable batteries so I can always have one charged and ready to go. I am very familiar with the 18650 batteries and the like as I also am into modding flashlights. But before I buy I will look at everything and all the units you have recommended. Thanks so much, if y'all ever need help with Powerstroke engines I am in your man, if I don't know I know who does. Thanks again for all your replies.

God Bless

NCH

Having not used the istick, and recently switching to the VTR, I like the VTR way better than the ego cells, which I now use as back up. Just a heads up, I found out the hard way that the protected cells for the flashlights do NOT work in the VTR, they are too long.

And as far as the powerstrokes go, I just traded in my 99 7.3 for a 08 6.4, so I may be taking you up on the offer!lol

Good deal, although I am never going to sell my 2000 PSD F350 4X4, CC, LB, DRW, I have had her since 2003 and bought it with 21k ON IT, IT STILL ONLY HAS 120k and have done quite a few mods. My son has a 1996 OBS that is close to 500HP that thing is quick!!!!!!! I developed the first CCV Mod for our trucks way back in 2003 and still sell them today. Every PSD can benefit from doing the CCV Mod and dumping it out the bottom isn't the answer, lol!!!!

Sorry, back to vaping, The weight isn't an issue and I went to the VT Store but I didn't see the VTR. I always like to support forum sponsors but first I have to find one, lol!!!!

I should have followed the link in the first reply, took me right to it, thanks again. I am still reading more and watching reviews on youtube, may order one tonight. Unless I find something better for my needs. I hope everyone has a great day.

Things have been moving on quickly.

This is probably a good bet and cheaper than the VTR with double the wattage.

P4U-IPV30SS-2T.jpg

http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-30-Watt-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv30ss.htm

For just a few bucks more than the iStick (with it's wonky 510 connector) you get a PV with a well respected YiHi chip and a much broader range of options.

Features and Specs:

• Loading resistance: 0.5 ohm -3.0 ohm
  • Output Voltage range: 3.0 V – 8.0 V
  • Output Wattage range: 5.0 w – 30 w
  • YiHi SX130 chip
  • Floating top pin
  • Visual operating system
  • Low voltage protection
  • Low resistance protection
  • High input voltage warning
  • Output short circuit protection
  • Reverse battery protection
  • Dimensions: 3-3/4"L x 1-9/16"W x 7/8"
  • Utilizes one 18650 battery (removable and sold separately)
  • USB charge port

Things have been moving on quickly.

This is probably a good bet and cheaper than the VTR with double the wattage.

P4U-IPV30SS-2T.jpg

http://www.myvaporstore.com/iPV-Mini-30-Watt-MOD-Pioneer4you-p/p4u-ipv30ss.htm

For just a few bucks more than the iStick (with it's wonky 510 connector) you get a PV with a well respected YiHi chip and a much broader range of options.

Features and Specs:

• Loading resistance: 0.5 ohm -3.0 ohm
  • Output Voltage range: 3.0 V – 8.0 V
  • Output Wattage range: 5.0 w – 30 w
  • YiHi SX130 chip
  • Floating top pin
  • Visual operating system
  • Low voltage protection
  • Low resistance protection
  • High input voltage warning
  • Output short circuit protection
  • Reverse battery protection
  • Dimensions: 3-3/4"L x 1-9/16"W x 7/8"
  • Utilizes one 18650 battery (removable and sold separately)
  • USB charge port

^^ This ^^

I can't find anything on the weight, so I'll assume the body is all plastic? Or are they metal (Aluminum)?

Still, though, an excellent looking 30W device for ~ $55!

Edited by Earthling789

I already bough the VTR, I actually bought quite a bit more, lol!!!!

• ITaste VTR in SS
  • Extra I Clear 30S
  • 5 Coils for the 30S
  • 1- ProTank 2
  • 5 - Coils for the ProTank
  • 2- Needles used for filling the tanks

• VTAR VC2 Charger
  • AC Plug for the VC2
  • 1 - Aspire Nuatilus
  • 2- Coils for the Nautilus, 1 - 1.6 ohm and 1 - 1.8 ohm
  • 2 - Sanyo 18650 2600 Mah Batteries
  • 1 - Case to hold the batteries

The top portion was purchased from Word Up and the lower was from litecigUSA. I wanted to purchase it all from Word Up but they didn't have a very good selection of batteries and chargers and I wanted a good charger, Buy Once, Cry Once, you know what I mean, lol!!!! Did I overlook anything major? I purchased the different tanks because I heard that bottom coils feel different from top coils. I bought the Nautilus tank because I read really good things about them and they are suppose to be a great match for the VTR. I also went back to Word Up and purchased a sample pack of juices. I can't recommend them enough, best prices that I found any where, the VTR was on sale for $53.00 with free shipping, other places wanted $120 and Yes, Word Up is a licensed distributor for the VTR, I already checked all that out. Looking forward to it all being here on Friday!!!! I think the VTR will do me just fine, if not I will deal with it then. I only wanted a unit with a replacable battery and not a fixed unit, it worksbest for me and my needs.

Nothing wrong with what you purchased, but you'll need to use the extension tube with the Nautilus, because it won't fit along the side of the VTR, like the iClear30 or KPT2 will, because of the retainer-ring... the Nautilus is too big :(

The Nautilus mini will fit but you have to put it in upside down with the base off because the base will not fit through the ring. Once the tank is in, you can put the base on and then screw it into the VTR. It's a pain not to spill the juice while getting this all set up but it will work.

I guess I have turned into a total iStick fan... I have had them over 2 months. I have not had one single problem with it, except that it is so small I don't like the way big tanks look on it. The only tanks I like on it so far is the Nautilus Mini and the Delta 19. I have been running the Delta for 2 weeks and so far it is a winner. I just wish coils were cheaper! Monday was 2 weeks and I have ran nearly 30 ml through it and it is still going strong.

The iStick I just got is plenty small. Are you saying they've made it even smaller???

Tam, if you've ever lost your keys or your lighter (and they were still in your purse or pocket)... you'd lose the iStick mini in a heartbeat, lol. They're barely bigger than a couple of mini-Bic lighters taped together... I agree with Joe, though... a perfect stealth-vape (if you don't lose it), but personally I think I'd have a hard time holding it in my hand... I think the 20W is tiny enough!

Edit:

Wow, I just looked at the price from Sweet-Vapes...

That's roughly the price I paid for my 20W iSticks... you'd think they would be cheaper?

Edited by Earthling789