Who has an Atlantis and actually likes it?

smacksy

So I just got my vaporshark in the mail and my Atlantis performs a bit better now. I am going to look for a new coil at a b&m and try some more.

Hope you got a deal, the 18650 is like $189 :cry:

Aspire has an announcement on their site about the Atlantis tank; it's marketed as stainless steel, but the bell and housing are brass and nickel. All future Atlantis tanks will be manufactured with 100% stainless steel. I doubt it matters in terms of performance, but what about the folks who bought one thinking it was all stainless steel?

I am having no luck with mine. It hardly produces any vapor for me. I am using it on an IPV2 50 watt and a clone zna 30 watt and have literally soaked both coils trying to get any sort of cloud out of it. I am not a cloud chaser but do enjoy my nautilus tanks and get way more vapor that is more tasty from them. Does anyone think it is possible both coils are bad or something?

I went to a shop I frequent when I'm in that particular town today. The owner has a Subtank and I was discussing my noticeable difference between flavor versus the Atlantis. He told me that he has seen 2 Atlantis tanks come in since Christmas and the customers complained about poor cloud performance. After verifying what juice they were using he has surmised that these two are clones.

He asked where they purchased them and they both purchased them from another vape shop in the area for $25.00. He put a real Aspire coil in them and the difference was night and day.

Not saying you have a clone but is it a possibility?

I went to a shop I frequent when I'm in that particular town today. The owner has a Subtank and I was discussing my noticeable difference between flavor versus the Atlantis. He told me that he has seen 2 Atlantis tanks come in since Christmas and the customers complained about poor cloud performance. After verifying what juice they were using he has surmised that these two are clones.

He asked where they purchased them and they both purchased them from another vape shop in the area for $25.00. He put a real Aspire coil in them and the difference was night and day.

Not saying you have a clone but is it a possibility?

That's good to know. I got mine from sweet-vapes and as far as I know they only sell authentic stuff, or at least when they say it is it really is. It had the checker but I didn't run the code, maybe I will now.

This still gives me hope that I may just have gotten two bad coils. I am interested in the sub tank and also the lemo. I just need to back off the spending for a while, the rDNA wasn't cheap!

I've been running an Atlantis tank on my Sigelei 150 watt mod, and it works awesome! The capacity is the only downfall so far, but Ive only been using it at home. It refills very easily though!

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/the-kraigen-8ml-atlantis-tank/ '> http://www.kidneypuncher.com/the-kraigen-8ml-atlantis-tank/

ATFD48 here you go found this last night from another thread on here.

Aspire has an announcement on their site about the Atlantis tank; it's marketed as stainless steel, but the bell and housing are brass and nickel. All future Atlantis tanks will be manufactured with 100% stainless steel. I doubt it matters in terms of performance, but what about the folks who bought one thinking it was all stainless steel?

Do you know if they made them stainless yet or is this something they are doing soon? I only ask because I bought my Atlantis from a B&M a few days ago.

Aspire claims the way they manufactured it is safe, and won't cause lead poisoning. It is going to take awhile to manufacture the new, all stainless steel tanks; they didn't give a date but they aren't available yet.

I only trust food-grade or surgical-grade Stainless Steel to touch my juices. I have a Brass RDA and it makes the flavor taste like a bunch of coins in your mouth... Aluminum drip-tips give my juices a harsh metallic taste... For this reason, I won't buy a Kanger Genitank, because they are Chrome over Copper. Chrome naturally Oxidizes over time, which creates a barrier of "Oxidation" (read: clear rust), and I don't trust how that will contaminate my juice or introduce unknown toxins into my system!

At least Aspire has came clean on their issue, but they get a huge thumbs-down from me because they marketed them as ALL Stainless Steel....

If its not stainless I don't use it. Heavy metal poisoning is nothing to play around with. Coming from an engineer stand point anything that is plated or chromed will wear with time and it is possible for anything that is plated to leach I don't care what they say

All forms of metal are porous (permeable to fluids)

Edited by joejoevapekins

I gotta tell you. After using my Kanger sub for 2 days now I will use my Atlantis just as I predicted. I have the Atlantis on a CF MOD for around the house and the Kanger on a Siegeli 100W for work. I'm a service technician and do a lot of driving so I can shut off the Siegeli and save power and combined with the 6ml Kanger tank, should last me 3-4 days.

They vape differently and I really cannot choose which one i like better so I won't. There is no competition for me, I like them both and IMO they are both are budget priced.

The Atlantis on a CF mod is what I want. How much juice does it hold? As long as it's bigger than a mini Nautilus, I'm good, but hear people remark that it's smaller than they'd like. I do get better flavor from every mini I've owned, though.

So I just got my vaporshark in the mail and my Atlantis performs a bit better now. I am going to look for a new coil at a b&m and try some more.

Since you bought your Atlantis from Sweet-Vapes, it should be authentic. I bought a mini Aerotank from them last year, and the bottom was damaged. I emailed them, sent the tank back, and got a new one. Perhaps there's just a manufacturing defect, or yours is damaged? It can't hurt to see if they'll let you swap it for another.

If its not stainless I don't use it. Heavy metal poisoning is nothing to play around with. Coming from an engineer stand point anything that is plated or chromed will wear with time and it is possible for anything that is plated to leach I don't care what they say

All forms of metal are porous (permeable to fluids)

I believe you, and think Aspire should give people the new all stainless steel versions of the Atlantis once they are available. They admit they marketed them as all stainless. I am not going to buy one until I know the 100% stainless steel version is the only one sold, and it could be months before the old stock is depleted.

The Atlantis on a CF mod is what I want. How much juice does it hold? As long as it's bigger than a mini Nautilus, I'm good, but hear people remark that it's smaller than they'd like. I do get better flavor from every mini I've owned, though.

They don't hold a large amount of juice like some of the other tanks, but probably comparable to te nautilus mini. maybe a little less because of the area that coil takes up.

They are pretty easy to fill up though.