Is anyone tired of charging Batteries?

vmshaw

I am! Any ideas? I have the Vamo 5, 2 Vamo 6. I am really tired of the batttery dance. I think I want to buy one of those pass through mods. Anyone? Is that what they are called wher you have no batteries to change and buy when the new ones get old and the charger the worry about....

Pass-through batteries are just that... they charge WHILE allowing you to use them. If you don't mind being tethered to the cord, they're great to have. I've used my MVP while it was attached to the USB cord before, but you'll eventually forget it's plugged-in and try to take it with you when you get up from the desk/chair/couch ;)

Innokin (I think) makes a true-corded vape for use in the car... you plug it into the power-port/lighter of your vehicle, and attach your tank to the end. It's pricey for a long cord with VV adjustment and circuitry limiters, but you'd be guaranteed to have a functional vape in the vehicle....

I'm not aware of anyone making an "only when plugged-in" power-supply, but I could be wrong... and then there's still the darn leash to contend with :(

On my 18650 MODs, I always try to keep at least 2 fully-charged batteries handy, and those that need topping-off are on the charger (I don't drain them completely, and top-off when I can). As for my built-in battery packs, like the eGo-Ts or MVP, I'll use one or the other while one is charging... or use a MOD. Charging batteries may seem like a pain, but that is why I have 8 18650's in rotation, and try to keep at least 2-3 eGo's along with my MVP... so I'll always have something ready to use, even if I'm charging multiples.... and when in doubt regarding the charge-level... charge them anyway... it never hurts to top-off these batteries... it actually will make them last longer....

Pass-through batteries are just that... they charge WHILE allowing you to use them. If you don't mind being tethered to the cord, they're great to have. I've used my MVP while it was attached to the USB cord before, but you'll eventually forget it's plugged-in and try to take it with you when you get up from the desk/chair/couch ;)

Innokin (I think) makes a true-corded vape for use in the car... you plug it into the power-port/lighter of your vehicle, and attach your tank to the end. It's pricey for a long cord with VV adjustment and circuitry limiters, but you'd be guaranteed to have a functional vape in the vehicle....

I'm not aware of anyone making an "only when plugged-in" power-supply, but I could be wrong... and then there's still the darn leash to contend with :(

On my 18650 MODs, I always try to keep at least 2 fully-charged batteries handy, and those that need topping-off are on the charger (I don't drain them completely, and top-off when I can). As for my built-in battery packs, like the eGo-Ts or MVP, I'll use one or the other while one is charging... or use a MOD. Charging batteries may seem like a pain, but that is why I have 8 18650's in rotation, and try to keep at least 2-3 eGo's along with my MVP... so I'll always have something ready to use, even if I'm charging multiples.... and when in doubt regarding the charge-level... charge them anyway... it never hurts to top-off these batteries... it actually will make them last longer....

So, there is no solution to the battery dance...........that is disappointing. I have like 6 18650's seems like I am charging all the time. I don't want to be tethered either. isn't there another way, like a battery built in? big enough to charge for a couple of days?

Tired of charging? Not on my radar of things to worry about. Know one thing, tho..... sure beats the other activity I left behind when i bought my first setup. So, I guess I don't mind, afterall.

With a little know how, you could whip up a battery-less "mod" that'd just be a fire switch connected to your atomizer running off a regulated wall transformer.

But just because you can, does not mean you should. :on2long:

So, there is no solution to the battery dance...........that is disappointing. I have like 6 18650's seems like I am charging all the time. I don't want to be tethered either. isn't there another way, like a battery built in? big enough to charge for a couple of days?

The only "solution" to less-frequent charging is to use a higher mAh battery. My Sony's are 2100mAh, and last all day easily. My Panasonic batteries are 3400mAh and can stretch 2-days, but again, it will depend on the resistance of the coils you're using. Sub-ohming drains the battery much faster than using them with a tank, at say, 1.8 Ohm.

Also, as batteries get older, they do have reduced capacity. After as few as 100 charges (for cheaper batteries), you'll only have 80% capacity. Even a quality battery will diminish in capacity after 300 - 500 recharge cycles. Letting a battery constantly discharge below 40% also shortens it's life-span/capacity.

My MVP lasts 2-days between charges, and that's using it with tanks or RTA's only, and the lowest coil I'll use is 1.4 Ohm. Using only 1.8 Ohm coils at ~ 8.5W easily gets me 2-days on it... and it's only a 2200mAh battery, but it is a regulated device, like your Vamo.

I think if you bump up to a larger capacity battery (like the Panasonic 3400mAh) in your Vamo, you could easily get 2-days between battery swaps :)

I have not ever gone though more than 2 batteries in a day with my Vamo. I also have 6 batteries in rotation. the lowest is 1500mah those I need two a day. Like earthling said, get some higher mAh batteries My Sony's and 2500 mAh Efest last the whole day and into the next. To me charging batteries is just part of the program. It is better than coughing my brains out from analogs. LOL I keep mine in cases that hold 2 batteries. As they die I put them in the charger, When done back in the case, then to the back of my stack. I just grab the next box with two charged batteries and go about my day. I had my charger die recently and had no back up to charge batteries. My 6 batteries lasted till I could get the new charger and that was a week later.Admittedly I was on my last battery the day it showed up at my door. I also had some evods and a new XPV that had arrived in case but did not even use the EVODs. I did start using the XPV though because it was new and like it more than the Vamo.

I started vaping when all I had were the Cigalike batteries. Talk about a battery dance. I would go through 7-8 of them a day. I had two USB hubs charging 6 batteries at all times. I had to take 10 of them with me when I left the house and take one of the usb hubs with me. I find that what I have to do now to keep my vape going very simple and think little of it. Now when I head out for a day I take my Vamo with what ever was in it a box of batteries and now my XPV. I hardly ever even take a battery out of the case, but it is a back up just in case.

I know with the MVP, it actually would end up shortening the battery life if you charged while you were vaping - as in, it wouldn't take as much use to get it down to where it needed recharged again.

With a little know how, you could whip up a battery-less "mod" that'd just be a fire switch connected to your atomizer running off a regulated wall transformer.

But just because you can, does not mean you should. :on2long:

Huh that's a BIG NO!

I know with the MVP, it actually would end up shortening the battery life if you charged while you were vaping - as in, it wouldn't take as much use to get it down to where it needed recharged again.

Spydre,

I know you been posting here a while...don't know too much about these others. But I guess what i am asking..the Mod Boxes, all the other Mods, they all take batteries?

I have not ever gone though more than 2 batteries in a day with my Vamo. I also have 6 batteries in rotation. the lowest is 1500mah those I need two a day. Like earthling said, get some higher mAh batteries My Sony's and 2500 mAh Efest last the whole day and into the next. To me charging batteries is just part of the program. It is better than coughing my brains out from analogs. LOL I keep mine in cases that hold 2 batteries. As they die I put them in the charger, When done back in the case, then to the back of my stack. I just grab the next box with two charged batteries and go about my day. I had my charger die recently and had no back up to charge batteries. My 6 batteries lasted till I could get the new charger and that was a week later.Admittedly I was on my last battery the day it showed up at my door. I also had some evods and a new XPV that had arrived in case but did not even use the EVODs. I did start using the XPV though because it was new and like it more than the Vamo.

I started vaping when all I had were the Cigalike batteries. Talk about a battery dance. I would go through 7-8 of them a day. I had two USB hubs charging 6 batteries at all times. I had to take 10 of them with me when I left the house and take one of the usb hubs with me. I find that what I have to do now to keep my vape going very simple and think little of it. Now when I head out for a day I take my Vamo with what ever was in it a box of batteries and now my XPV. I hardly ever even take a battery out of the case, but it is a back up just in case.

Gotcha...Just part of it I guess. Ok. I concede :dizzy: More batterires high MAH and boxes to keep them in....

Spydre,

I know you been posting here a while...don't know too much about these others. But I guess what i am asking..the Mod Boxes, all the other Mods, they all take batteries?

Box mods come in two styles...

1. Sealed battery, like the MVP 2.0 or Eleaf's iStick... they charge like a cell-phone, using the same micro-USB cable as non-Apple phones.

2. Replaceable, rechargeable batteries (18650, 26650, 18500, or 18350). Some use one battery, like the VTR, some use multiple batteries in parallel (some of the DNA-MODs for example)

So, yes, they all use a battery of some sort or style, the question is whether they are user-replaceable (18650, etc.) or sealed, requiring plug-in charging.

Spydre,

What Earthling said. My MVP could usually go about a day and a half between charges, I think, I can't remember, it's been so long. But other than that, I've used 18650's on my Zmax and my VTR. Well, the VTR, it will ONLY take 18650's, I believe. I have three batteries in rotation now, so even if I forget to put one on the charger immediately, there is always a full one, and usually two full ones, and I just keep bouncing a, b, c, so one doesn't get used more than another one. I think I end up going through a TOTAL of two batteries in one day - a partial charge at the beginning of the day, partial at the end of the day, and full one in the middle.

I bought my Panasonic batteries from Amazon for ~$9 each, in a 4-pack, with Prime shipping. My Sony VTC4's came from Compenstine's site... two for $16, so I bought 4. I also have Nitecore button-tops and a few "off-brand" 18650's which I use strictly for my flashlights... so at any given time, I have at least two batteries in a charger :)