Merry Christmas and good by analogs

I finally am being really successful with vaping. Now that I know more about it, it has become a useful quitting tool. So I have decided, since I'm not totally tobacco free, that by Christmas morning I will be 100% vape and 0% tobacco. I didn't realize how many cigarettes a day I really smoked. I have made a single pack last me four days and I have 6 left. I feel so much better and full of energy! I can't believe that I would go through 30 cigarettes a day, what a foolish mistake.

I know you get totally caught up in the smoking habit. Mine was the routine part of it. I would do the same thing everyday and smoke the same amount of cigs a day. Get up, let pups out, have one, come in and make coffee and have one with my coffee, feed the kitties and take a shower, have another....and it went on and so on and so forth. It's like I couldn't do it differently. Maybe some ocd I don't know, lol. When I quit, I quit my routine and it doesn't bother me one bit. It's crazy how your mind works that you HAVE to have one. Actually the thought of me quitting then what will I do with my schedule would terrify me. It's pretty much just breaking all those habits and it was so much easier than I thought it would be, and vaping was the reason I did it successfully. Congrats on your determination. That's what it's takes!

Dc

For me, I smoked before, during if possible, and after everything I did. Wake up, have one, shower, have one, coffee have one while making, while drinking, and after:) Everything every day. I couldn't imagine doing anything without smoking. It really was not only an addiction, but an obsession. And for nearly 50 years! Kinda pathetic. Now vaping has allowed me to replace that obsession with something better. And even better than that, I'm nowhere nearly as obsessed with vaping. I love it, but it doesn't make me anywhere nearly as fearful if I'm without it for some reason. I'm over the cigs, and it's totally because of vaping. Anyone who doesn't believe it works, and works so well as a device to quit smoking for good needs their head examined. It should be a front line quit smoking method, not a last resort as groups like the heart association or the cancer society and maybe even the idiot FDA are saying. It so bloody works and is so obvious that it works, that these groups are even more pathetic than my former obsession with cigs. Ok rant over :) Peace! Love! and Rock and Roll!

That sounds like what happened to me. It was around Christmas time and I was only smoking about 5 cigs a day (I was a 2 pack a day smoker). I had been vaping for a couple of months and I decided to only vape and not to buy another pack of stinkies. That was 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made.

--Smoke Free since Dec 30, 2009

Good for you,man!I used to smoke a pack a day of Camel Turkish golds.I was thinking the other day that I haven't thought about a cigarette in a very long time.if I'm not mistaken it takes 20 days to break a habit.Vaping has changed my life.Like Bebop was saying,I can feel my toes and fingers and I can taste things in food that ive never noticed until I stopped smoking.Do it for as long as. you see fit,going from smoking cigarettes with a 1000+ chemicals to vaping juice with just a handful of ingredients is a no brainer for me.Good luck and keep it up man!

Edited by TugBoatTX86