How do you like the Hana Modz?

Itsmedeanna64

I bought one of these on Friday when my b&m was having their Black Friday sale. The guy at the shop who has never steered me wrong highly recommended it to me as a step up from my MVP. This guy is not pushy or anything and KNOWS his stuff and I trust him, even more so than the owner really. Since then I'm reading reviews here and there and a few are not favorable so I'm confused now. When I went to the shop that day I had no intentions of buying one but it was a good deal and I liked the way it looked and had looked at them before. So my question is what do you guys think about it? So far I really like it other than having a little trouble with the button because I have long nails. Just curious as to what you guys have to say about it?

Doc

I bought one of these on Friday when my b&m was having their Black Friday sale. The guy at the shop who has never steered me wrong highly recommended it to me as a step up from my MVP. This guy is not pushy or anything and KNOWS his stuff and I trust him, even more so than the owner really. Since then I'm reading reviews here and there and a few are not favorable so I'm confused now. When I went to the shop that day I had no intentions of buying one but it was a good deal and I liked the way it looked and had looked at them before. So my question is what do you guys think about it? So far I really like it other than having a little trouble with the button because I have long nails. Just curious as to what you guys have to say about it?

Doc

Remember you usually hear the complaints, or people asking for help when something goes wrong, but, not many people post when everything is great.

I think another reason some people complained so much about them is there are a lot of Hana Clones out there.

I personally have really been looking at them, but it isn't in the cards right now. (I'm just about to order an IPV3) I really like the size and the looks of the Hanna and it feels good in my hand. I really like the mini, but the full size with the 18650 would probably be more practical for me.

I hope you enjoy it!

As a side note, I really wanted to get a Hana instead of the IPV3 I am getting, but because of some deals I have made, the IPV is going to be the most economical choice.

Edited by jasonculp

Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking too actually. So in general, a clone of anything is just not as good as an authentic anything. From what I've read some have trouble with clones but it seems some people like clones? Remember I'm still a noob....been vaping since the beginning of August so im just trying to learn and I appreciate ya'll taking the time to spell it out to me?!

Dc

So in general, a clone of anything is just not as good as an authentic anything.

That's not entirely true, it depends on what the clone is -- RDA, RTA or battery, etc. and who it's made by. Some clones are better than others. For batteries that go into an APV, I'd never knowingly use a clone. Some RDAs, I've heard people say it's as good, or sometimes better, than the original. It all depends on the manufacturer of the clone itself. :)

I agree with Tam. A clone does not automatically mean crap gear.

Also, keep in mind we have a lot of people trying new things and new gear who dont know what they are doing, frankly, and are quick to put up a bad review and blame equipment when it is their own lack of knowledge that is the real culprit. Im inclined to dismiss bad reviews unless it's overwhelming and not balanced. A few bad reviews means nothing and in the case of popular gear it could even be more "bad reviews" than expected. I figure for every bad review you gotta think over half and probably more are user error.

What makes the HANA clone bad is that it is not using the Evolv DNA chip and they use the name HANA on the mod. The chip is a Chinese clone and of very poor quality at that. Where not all clones are garbage or not worth buying on a budget. (I have a few myself) If you want the best Hana Mod buy the authentic. I have heard only good things about the authentic Hana from trusted reviewers like PBusardo and Grimmgreen.

I should have been more clear. I don't mind clones, but the electronics are the heart of the mod. Comp is right, the DNA chip is supposed to be far superior to the cloned one. I have a friend that has a couple of clones and he is very happy with them. I am in the market to buy a clone now since I think I have settled on the IPV3. It all depends on how portable the IPV3 turns out to be.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines