I'm confused?

We only sometimes want to help addiction?

Nicotine is an addiction, when society notes an epidemic proportion size addiction such as the size of the addiction (let's say heroine) . Society acts! We build support houses, detox programs like methadone and suboxone are currently medically effective approved treatments for heroine addiction that gets many people off of atleast the heroine and it helps them buy replacement of old habits with new ones...

Yet here we are decades after we know that nicotine is addictive and the health risks could possibly be worse than using heroine, studies have certainly shown that stopping smoking can be harder for many than to get off of heroine (opiates) one of the most addictive drugs known as far as getting clean.. Why is it one decade and a half after vaping has become available to us in the USA that we are trying to stop it instead of treat it as what it's showing up to do.. Replace the old addiction to nicotine with a less harmful way to change our nicotine addicted habits? Suboxone works for heroine addiction buy taking the drug and you don't crave the opiates your addicted to. Vaping works actually better than that because not only does it take away the dangers of smoking atleast a pretty good 99 percent of them give or take as we continue to learn.. It also simulates the whole smoking experience with a large support system and it was not come up in some laboratory and then tested on smokers.. Smokers created it! It's been here for over a decade.. Because it's getting popular and working you would think that the fda jumps on board and tries to pass this through.. Yet there against it... The good evidence continues to stack up with positive results and the government's everywhere want to stop it... I'm sorry that were not big pharma or big tobacco we aren't lobbiests able to sway the government in our direction.. Oh and don't forget that billions of tax dollars from smoking is revenue lost each time another anologe smoker quits and possibly they too did it with a eliquid device... I'm sry but the world has gone mad when you want to keep people addicted to a known health risk that for 2decades we've been warning the public of how dangerous these things are. . If someone came up with a most effective way for heroine addicts to get off heroine the government would be acting quite differently!

Laurie Greene

Hopephotography123@gmail.com

The answer is in your post. "M-O-N-E-Y" It is all about billions of lost revenue and tax dollars for all three. They don't want you to stop smoking it is that simple. It takes away their excuse for raising taxes, Raising the Insurance rates, because smokers are the only ones that get sick these days so they should foot the bill and the blame. If there are no smokers who will they blame? Who will they say is the burden that is to blame for all the problems in health? Vaping is taking that all away and they don't like it.

Back when I was a smoker our state in their infinite wisdumb decided that Smokers should pay the brunt of our states deficit and raised the Cigarette Sin Tax for that reason. They also tried to raise the Sin Tax on alcohol for the same reason, but that was dropped as being "Unconstitutional."

Spot-on Comp...

Government is in the hip-pocket of Big-Tobacco... the taxes and lobby money feed the coffers of politicians and welfare programs... why would they want to cut their own throats?

My cousin worked for one of the big tobacco companies... she indicated there is $0.37 in each pack of smokes (avg), and less than 20% tobacco... the rest is trash, chemicals, and "fillers" which contain the other 4000 ingredients that keep you hooked on smoking.

If Nicotine were the addictive by-product of smoking, gums and patches would WORK... but 99% of us already know they DON'T WORK. The dosages are too low, and nicotine alone is not the addictive quality... it is only ONE of the addictive components, and it is the least harmful of the lot!

Nicotine is demonized because of that fact... it is NOT the problem, nor the answer. It is singled-out as the problem by government because it is the false demon that can be exploited, much like saying motor-oil causes you to drive, therefore causes car-accidents.

Vaping works because it combats the psychological as well as the physiological addiction of smoking. You get Nicotine, yes, because your body does crave the stimulant (but it is not the devil), you get the mouth/lung-filling satisfaction of warm vapor (and the mental satisfaction of smoke-like-substance being expelled), and you feed the hand-to-mouth repetition by putting the vape to your mouth and holding it in your hand....

Government is peeved about vaping because it is actually reducing the number of smokers (cutting into their tax revenues), and they don't have any hands in the pockets (or regulation authority "yet") of the "Big-vape Industry" (because contrasting to big-tobacco's big-3, vaping is thousands of smaller and independent companies). as Comp said... it's ALL about the MONEY (and control of both sides of the issue)!

And I'm sorry to say (just the inner conspiracy theorist popping out) dont kid yourself that methodone programs and others are "successful" or really have the best interests of the addict in mind either. It's a shell game of shifting the money around with no real effective treatment of addiction.

And don't even get me started on the "drug war" lol. This area is so hypocritical it's not even funny. Big pharma spends BILLIONS of dollars a year advertising directly to the consumer (ask your doctor about...) entire classes of drugs that have devastating side effects... And many of these end up in class action suits later. Todays wonder drug is tomorrows disgrace. Kinda makes you think when the disclaimers portion of the commercial is half the commercial!!.

Spot-on Comp...

Government is in the hip-pocket of Big-Tobacco... the taxes and lobby money feed the coffers of politicians and welfare programs... why would they want to cut their own throats?

My cousin worked for one of the big tobacco companies... she indicated there is $0.37 in each pack of smokes (avg), and less than 20% tobacco... the rest is trash, chemicals, and "fillers" which contain the other 4000 ingredients that keep you hooked on smoking.

If Nicotine were the addictive by-product of smoking, gums and patches would WORK... but 99% of us already know they DON'T WORK. The dosages are too low, and nicotine alone is not the addictive quality... it is only ONE of the addictive components, and it is the least harmful of the lot!

Nicotine is demonized because of that fact... it is NOT the problem, nor the answer. It is singled-out as the problem by government because it is the false demon that can be exploited, much like saying motor-oil causes you to drive, therefore causes car-accidents.

Vaping works because it combats the psychological as well as the physiological addiction of smoking. You get Nicotine, yes, because your body does crave the stimulant (but it is not the devil), you get the mouth/lung-filling satisfaction of warm vapor (and the mental satisfaction of smoke-like-substance being expelled), and you feed the hand-to-mouth repetition by putting the vape to your mouth and holding it in your hand....

Government is peeved about vaping because it is actually reducing the number of smokers (cutting into their tax revenues), and they don't have any hands in the pockets (or regulation authority "yet") of the "Big-vape Industry" (because contrasting to big-tobacco's big-3, vaping is thousands of smaller and independent companies). as Comp said... it's ALL about the MONEY (and control of both sides of the issue)!

I couldn't agree more! It's just mind boggling when you think about how long they have been calling smoking addictive, cancer causing.. Ect

And I'm sorry to say (just the inner conspiracy theorist popping out) dont kid yourself that methodone programs and others are "successful" or really have the best interests of the addict in mind either. It's a shell game of shifting the money around with no real effective treatment of addiction.

And don't even get me started on the "drug war" lol. This area is so hypocritical it's not even funny. Big pharma spends BILLIONS of dollars a year advertising directly to the consumer (ask your doctor about...) entire classes of drugs that have devastating side effects... And many of these end up in class action suits later. Todays wonder drug is tomorrows disgrace. Kinda makes you think when the disclaimers portion of the commercial is half the commercial!!.

Yet the fda approved these treatments? Proving the point that I'd this product was developed by big pharmacy or tobacco we would not be at risk of loosing the rite to vape.. But we are...

The answer is in your post. "M-O-N-E-Y" It is all about billions of lost revenue and tax dollars for all three. They don't want you to stop smoking it is that simple. It takes away their excuse for raising taxes, Raising the Insurance rates, because smokers are the only ones that get sick these days so they should foot the bill and the blame. If there are no smokers who will they blame? Who will they say is the burden that is to blame for all the problems in health? Vaping is taking that all away and they don't like it.

Back when I was a smoker our state in their infinite wisdumb decided that Smokers should pay the brunt of our states deficit and raised the Cigarette Sin Tax for that reason. They also tried to raise the Sin Tax on alcohol for the same reason, but that was dropped as being "Unconstitutional."

Oh yeah it's about the money and who's pocket it's in... We need our organizations such as CASSA (SP)? to fight this fight for us... The bad publicity we see... All funded too.... Our rights to vape should be our choice.. I agree that the liquid Co needs to show ingredients.. Put nicotine warning.. But it becomes a slippery slop...

The day the FDA approves vaping as a smoking cessation product will be the day it will move in to the pharmaceutical arena and you will see huge cost increases, inferior watered down products, ineffective applications etc.

I totally agree with this! I am an addict. I have been addicted to many different street drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes.

If you notice I have changed the addictive substance from nicotine to cigarettes. I honestly have to say it was not the nicotine. I had many other options. I chewed, dipped, tried cigars and none worked. They all delivered nicotine. There was also patches, gum and even inhalers. None did the trick.

I am not sure why vaping has stuck, but it has.

I am convinced that there is another substance, or combination of substances that is in cigarettes that make it more satisfying than other products.

As always is the case over time we start with warnings about what is bad for us..... then, after a few years it's not so bad, or even worse then we were told.... Eggs were bad, now good... you name it. Drugs get passed, then class action lawsuits and an apology so to speek from the FDA.... At the end of the day we all know what makes us feel good and bad. We make choices, I've made several bad ones. The one good choice I can point to is vapeing instead of smokeing analogs. I was like most that never thought it was possible, it is as we've found possible! I welcome common sense regs to keep things safe for everyone. Beyond that I'd consider poor oversight/regulation.

• 1 month later...

It's just dumb? No place have I been told not to vape yet.. I'm hoping that it stays that way but u know what it's like... They are talking about it on the news.. This study. Thst study? Soon ppl are decided that it'd be bad to inhale the vapors in the air and ask us to leave it stop... Then the law starts getting enforcement... This is how I quit an. Unhealthy habit... For something sooo yummy! And all the actual real studies are saying that its fairly safe..... Grrr