Pipe Tobacco Flavor

BDM53ENT

Has anyone ever tried using an actual pipe tobacco to make a flavor with? Could it be as simple as placing some in PG and steeping it or setting it aside for a month or two? Ive been a pipe smoker for 20 plus years now and have amassed more than Ill ever smoke. I would love to try it, if it is possible.

Not a clue about making e-liquid out of it but go over to Jerrybaker.com and get a few recipes from him to use the tobacco as insecticide for your lawn and/or house plants. We use it to help keep the mosquitoes and annoying flies away. It also kills other things like annoying gnats. :)

Possible, but you would add any additives that are put in that tobacco into your vape.

As in preservatives which may transfer over as a different taste I assume. Didnt think about that so I got some more research to do. good point.

Not a clue about making e-liquid out of it but go over to Jerrybaker.com and get a few recipes from him to use the tobacco as insecticide for your lawn and/or house plants. We use it to help keep the mosquitoes and annoying flies away. It also kills other things like annoying gnats. :)

Ive been doing that for years and your right it works great! I buy a cheap bag of ryo, throw in a sprayer with a little Dawn and let it set a week or two in the sun. Its like Franks Hot Sauce, it works on everything lol!

As in preservatives which may transfer over as a different taste I assume. Didnt think about that so I got some more research to do. good point.

Ive been doing that for years and your right it works great! I buy a cheap bag of ryo, throw in a sprayer with a little Dawn and let it set a week or two in the sun. Its like Franks Hot Sauce, it works on everything lol!

We use different recipes for different effects. Some beer (regular, not lite), lemon scented amonia, epsom salts... :)

If you were going to do this I would look into Organic tobacco. like "American Spirit." They say they don't use additives, but it is a matter of what may be used in the field for insecticides.

Im referring to real / specialty pipe tobaccos like McClellands, Cornell & Deihl etc. I keep it stored in sealed mason jars and the original tins. My tobaccos range from 5-20 years old and have gone through final fermentation and aging. Im going to try a Virginian and Perique mix and see where it goes. After thinking about additives I realized Im smoking them anyway :dizzy:

May be a while before I can follow up with how it goes. Im going to let time do its thing first.

Here are some tips for you. Place it in a PG/VG mix a higher PG ratio for best results, no higher VG than a 50/50. You can place the loose tobacco straight in the PG/VG and give a good shake twice a day. Keep it in cool dark area. It will take at min 3-4 months for it to flavor the PG/VG. Give it a test after 3 months and see if it is at the level you want for flavor. Also this will add Nicotine to the mix so get a test kit and test it before you add more nicotine to it. Once it is at the level of flavor you like you can filter it with a coffee filter (Use two). Use a glass mason jar so when you go to filter it you can heat it (no more than 150 degrees) so it will flow through the filters. You can put the tobacco in a tea bag to soak in the PG/VG but it will take longer to flavor the PG/VG.

• 1 month later...

Hey Compenstine, thanks for the formula. Why can't you just steep the tobacco in PG for the recommended time and ad the VG when the process is complete? I understand that it's the PG that absorbs the flavour and nicotine. Is this right?

Also, your flavours have come highly recommended, but at the VT store, you don't seem to make any tobacco flavours. Is that also right? I'd like to try when I get to the States, but not here because of the vile taxation and very possible confiscation..

Thanks, Jon