My Nautilus

tea2085

Like you all to know I got my money back in full-EBay and PayPal took care of it. I just ordered a new large Nautilus from Sweet Vapes. It comes with 4 BVC coils and was at the best price I could find (from reputable dealers) . Can't wait to try an authentic Nautilus as the knockoff wasn't too bad but kept flooding! I trashed it!! Paul

Like you all to know I got my money back in full-EBay and PayPal took care of it. I just ordered a new large Nautilus from Sweet Vapes. It comes with 4 BVC coils and was at the best price I could find (from reputable dealers) . Can't wait to try an authentic Nautilus as the knockoff wasn't too bad but kept flooding! I trashed it!! Paul

That is great. I got burned on a couple of ego's and Protank 3 minis. It was from a B&M that I would frequent on my route. I never confronted them about it...I just took my lumps. It all worked fine, but the tanks would flood bad on me. I paid it forward to a friend (with a full disclosure of knockoff status) they worked fine for her...lol

I guess when I said this rarely happens to me I opened the gate to the flood ghost. It just started happening repetitively the last two days. Three BVC coils, from two separate vendors, 1.8 ohm on an MVP at 10 & 11w. Tobacco flavor at 60/40. Have not had any problems from the previous BVC coils I had. In between the second and third coil change I completely disassembled the unit and meticulously cleaned it with PGA. No luck. I replaced the first coil I had removed, and washed out with PGA the night before, and got the same thing.

Went to a BDC coil this morning and so far no problems. I'm thinking its the BVC coil, maybe a quality control issue like Jason said, I dunno. Ill experiment my way though it as I just mixed some 50/50 to see if that helps. Supposedly these are all Authentic Aspire coils, they did authenticate. Next time I will be the very last to jump in and say, I dont have that problem!

For all I know it just may be me lol. :wallbash:

Edited by BDM53ENT

LOL, not just you...

I got my Nautilus a couple weeks ago, and I had zero issues with the first BDC. I had bought a box of BVC, and the first two out of the box leaked, gurgled, flooded, did back-flips, and basically ticked me off :) I'm using the second BDC that came with the Nautilus right now, and there seems to be no issues (vapes great). Once this one is spent, I'll try another BVC, but my optimism is not high.... and yes, they were verified authentic...

I guess when I said this rarely happens to me I opened the gate to the flood ghost. It just started happening repetitively the last two days. Three BVC coils, from two separate vendors, 1.8 ohm on an MVP at 10 & 11w. Tobacco flavor at 60/40. Have not had any problems from the previous BVC coils I had. In between the second and third coil change I completely disassembled the unit and meticulously cleaned it with PGA. No luck. I replaced the first coil I had removed, and washed out with PGA the night before, and got the same thing.

Went to a BDC coil this morning and so far no problems. I'm thinking its the BVC coil, maybe a quality control issue like Jason said, I dunno. Ill experiment my way though it as I just mixed some 50/50 to see if that helps. Supposedly these are all Authentic Aspire coils, they did authenticate. Next time I will be the very last to jump in and say, I dont have that problem!

For all I know it just may be me lol. :wallbash:

I will say, I think it is me. I think my vape style changes and they go to leaking. I have noticed that some days my mini floods all day, others it's never a problem with the same coil, juice and no cleaning. I do know the temperature has a lot to do with it. Hot days with my higher PG juices 60PG/40VG...it floods much worse. Of course the PG is thinner and it gets hot the juice gets thinner. I have been getting 50/50 juices and it seems to be a little better.

As my tastes change, I think I will be getting higher VG juices. I don't need the throat hit like I used to.

I just ran in to my first BDC (authentic) coil that was shorted out right out of the package.

Other than that I haven't had any leaks to speak of. I have had what i would call "overwicking" which lead to a few drops of juice that slipped past the coil but nothing a gentle blow out didn't fix.

I just ran in to my first BDC (authentic) coil that was shorted out right out of the package.

Other than that I haven't had any leaks to speak of. I have had what i would call "overwicking" which lead to a few drops of juice that slipped past the coil but nothing a gentle blow out didn't fix.

I hope that thier quality control has gotten better. I have been rinsing/soaking/drying all of mine forever and they are still going (I have about 20 in rotation). I need to get some new ones soon.

I like that term. Overwicking seems to be what my problem is more that real flooding. They don't leak. I just get juice on the top of the coil, in the space below the drip tip, and the worst...in my mouth.

I like that term. Overwicking seems to be what my problem is more that real flooding. They don't leak. I just get juice on the top of the coil, in the space below the drip tip, and the worst...in my mouth.

Yeah. I will get that if I am rotating tanks and I don't use it for a while. It never develops on it's own if I'm using the tank. Only if it sits for a while (like half a day)

Yeah. I will get that if I am rotating tanks and I don't use it for a while. It never develops on it's own if I'm using the tank. Only if it sits for a while (like half a day)

Okay, I know most everyone is talking about Nautilus BDC/BVC, but I've got KPT2's and Aerotanks that have sat for weeks without use, and haven't seen that issue very often.

Now, I do get that with pressure/temp changes, like when traveling with a "very" full tank, but a Kanger tank that has been sitting for weeks on the rack in my office... rarely have that issue. It does seem those that over-wick by sitting seem to be thinner juices... 80/20, usually, but then again, not always.... Size of tank seems to have little to do with it also, but those that are max-full seem to be the most affected.

One thing I do when I fill a tank is to vape a few hits off of it before putting it on the rack... mostly to ensure everything functions after assembly/filling. Perhaps that action is setting the vacuum pressure in the tank (rather than leaving them at standard-pressure) preventing/limiting barometric changes from forcing liquid into the center tube?

something i've learned with my tanks. IF you let them come to about 1/3 or less full they will flood. If you are able to keep them above the half marker it will help. Mine don't flood anymore. On a side note i'e noticed the BVC nautilus will flood slightly if your not powered enough for the tank. anything less than 12 watts and mine will start to flood. Vaping at 12W plus with at least half full tank and mine all stopped flooding

exactly, I did the same thing.....

Every KPT pro tank comes with a coil in a silicone cap (Some come with two). This cap is the same size as most standard drip tips. What I do is use this for a cap on the drip tip of all the tanks I have sitting around that have juice in them. Have you have ever took a straw and stuck it in a glass of water, pop, whatever put your finger over the top of the straw and pulled it out? What happens? The liquid stays in the straw until you lift your finger off the straw. Same concept with the tank. If you cap the drip tip the E-Liquid will not run out of the bottom. :) It works every time regardless of the tank style.

something i've learned with my tanks. IF you let them come to about 1/3 or less full they will flood. If you are able to keep them above the half marker it will help. Mine don't flood anymore. On a side note i'e noticed the BVC nautilus will flood slightly if your not powered enough for the tank. anything less than 12 watts and mine will start to flood. Vaping at 12W plus with at least half full tank and mine all stopped flooding

Exactly

I have not had that problem with the BVC coils yet.. Actually my nautilus aspire 5ml has never flooded? Even at 1ml with 1.6, 1.5,2.0 ohm coils at any voltage ⚡ /wattage ⚡?

I agree Tony Mike, make sure coils are in well.. Also that all is snug.. Not super tight just really snug? Only problem I can imagine.. Try a new coil? Don't vape under 1ml definitely.. Rebuilding coils for tanks helps me fix my husband's Protank (kanger evod single coils) flooding? Quick fixs for spitting drop a qtip inside the chimney and absorb the excess.. Take a tissue and wrap air holes blow up the chimney the unit should be pointed up ⤴ as to not increase the vacuum effects on the tank when doing and u don't have to hit the fire button just blow up through... Are you finding this happen after the batteries are in use more than on fresh ones? I have noticed that a problem?

Idk I love my nautilus because it never happens.. Ever to me anyway? My husband too has a serious problem with flooding his tank though?