Kangor mini pro II leak

kerk

I know this has been discussed here, tried a search, but the search has been 'loading' for a couple hours.

Anyway, my kangor's leak seems to be increasing (between the tank and coil gasket). Doubling the gasket stopped it, but doesn't allow enough threading to be stable. Never had this problem with my Ego tanks.

Is this curable, or toss it?

A link to a previous thread would be good too.

Thanks

Are you referring to the gasket between the base and the body of the tank, or the gasket on the coil itself where it mates to the base?

Either way, you likely have a damaged o-ring. Simple fix to replace them. Kanger offers tank-o-ring kits for a couple bucks, or you can usually pick them up at big-box hardware stores. Just remember to get Silicone, and take the old ones with you to match them up correctly.

If it is the one at the coil... just pull one from an old coil (or a new one) and you're golden.

OH, another thing... when you disassemble the tanks for cleaning, o-rings become dry and will twist/pull/deform as you tighten things down. One way to stop this is to lubricate the edges of the glass (where it contacts the o-rings) with a drop of water or drop of juice. This will help them to "compress", rather than "drag". Tighten "snug", but not "gorilla-tight". :D

Dealing with a leaky protank 2 here as well. I've tried all the fixes that have been suggested to me. Is the leak coming through the bottom of the coil onto the battery head? Or is it coming out of the side (where the tank and the bottom screw together?

Yeah two things can happen with a coil. 1 is they have a flow rate that is faster than can be vaped and the juice just drips off the coil into the battery. Sometimes this happens with a brand new coil.

The other is, as the coil gets used it gets a build up of gunk right at the coil and the wick loses it's ability to hold juice like a sponge and the juice being pulled in just rolls off the coil in to the battery. You'll notice this one if your tank seems to be chugging along fine or maybe it does fine for a few hits but as soon as you pause or put it down for a minute when you come back to it, it's gurgling. Not much to do but change the coil. Some juices just are worse offenders, especially the ones you love. :)

Are you referring to the gasket between the base and the body of the tank, or the gasket on the coil itself where it mates to the base?

Either way, you likely have a damaged o-ring. Simple fix to replace them. Kanger offers tank-o-ring kits for a couple bucks, or you can usually pick them up at big-box hardware stores. Just remember to get Silicone, and take the old ones with you to match them up correctly.

If it is the one at the coil... just pull one from an old coil (or a new one) and you're golden.

OH, another thing... when you disassemble the tanks for cleaning, o-rings become dry and will twist/pull/deform as you tighten things down. One way to stop this is to lubricate the edges of the glass (where it contacts the o-rings) with a drop of water or drop of juice. This will help them to "compress", rather than "drag". Tighten "snug", but not "gorilla-tight". :D

Duh me ..... didn't even realize there should be an O ring between tank and coil housing. If there was one, it's gone now. Mystery solved. Thanks. Until it comes, good ole plumbers tape should suffice.

A follow up......yup, teflon plumbers tape, tear of a piece, roll it up like a string, wrap it around....bingo. And a $1 roll of it would make, oh, maybe 5000 o rings ........ and any size you want.

Edited by kerk