Downside to New Mini Davide?

Bebop

Carter I know you mentioned that you didn't like the new mini Davide tanks. What are the downsides?

Anybody else use them and have any comments?

Im getting ready to buy new tanks for the wife. She doesn't like the mini Nautilus and I'd like to keep it in the protank family. She still loves the old T2s (bless her heart) but they are disappearing.

Lol my wife will only use T3S for some reason I bought a bunch to have on hand cause she breaks stuff like a hyper pre teen.

I never have tried the new Davide since they started using Aspire could but when I saw that was happening I ordered 20 of them while they still had them in stock without realizing the capacity had been dropped to 2.0 ml from 2.5ml. Not a seeming big deal but I go through from 2.1-2.4ml per day at work and almost never have to fill there with my last remaining 5 original 2.5ml version.

For me the reasons I like the old ones are:

Extra capacity (was same as KPT 2

Already had 5 replacement glasses on hand for the 2.5ml version

They still used KPT single coils

Unfortunately now they use Aspire Duals and only have a 2ml capacity both of which are downgrades to me personally. It's kind of like they fixed something that was perfect for me when it was already perfect.

The "original" Davide minis were the 2.5 ml tank using the KPT single coil.

The "newer" Davide mini tank was reduced to 2.0 ml but still used the KPT single coil.

The "newerer" Davide mini tank is still 2.0 ml but now uses an Aspire dual coil only.

The "newererest" Davide mini tank is still 2.0 ml but now has a two part bottom. It comes ready to use the Aspire coil but you can now take off the top of the bottom part and use the KPT single coil.

And after all that...no. I haven't tried the "newererest" tank. I'm stilly babying my original 2.5 ml Davide minis.

Bcarter? Sorry, but no, I won't sell you my stash of original Davide minis. :D

Yeah I'm babying my mini Ds too. I only bought 5 and I have another 5 pro tanks. They've been serving me well. The reason I didn't buy too many of them was I pretty much decided something newerer would come out eventually anyway......which it did but all the newerer stuff uses dual coils....not so easy to rebuild.... It's ok though. I think I can live with 2 ml tanks... :)