Growing Trend

jonnoh

Today I was at the local coffee shop (y'all must think I live only at coffee shops and pubs) and enjoying my kopi o and a guy saw me vaping and rushed over to show me his rig and we spent an hour just vaping and comparing notes on flavours and tanks and sharing supply sources (I talked up the VT store and forum maybe he'll appear here). How to make new friends! Way cool! Anyway when I first started vaping seriously about 18 months ago I had the experience at an airport smoking lounge where all the smokers sorta ignored me and didn't engage in the usual banter. I likened it at the time to the line in Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant' : "And they all moved away from me on the group w bench". Now it seems that there's always at least one other vaper in the lounges usually more than 1. Hopefully this movement is growing as fast as the wave of gay marriages and it will be too powerful for the governments to ban it.

I think this calls for a little poem

....ahem....

If they want to ban vapin'

And g-a-y cohabitatin'

Then there ain't no mistakin'

Their brain cells got forsaken

They're lacking in gray matter

As crazy as the Hatter

No idea they are the latter

Skulls so full of batter

Can they simply be misguided?

Or truly single-sided.

Or can it be decided

That their boat cannot be righted

The lot is surely putrid

Who would ban these things so lucid

But at risk for being booted,

I'll just call them stupid

:)

Edited by Bebop12

Such an awesome little subculture. Used to be vaping gear was almost non existent in stores outside of the Internet, now we've got cheapies in every convenience store and vapor bars popping up like crazy. Lately people who seem like they've never smoked in their life even seem to finally understand that im not blatantly burning plant matter when vaping indoors.

The revolution has come[emoji100]

People like to talk with other vapers because for a lot of us, it is becoming a hobby more than a habit. nobody says "oh hey I see you are smoking camel menthols, have you tried the camel menthol silvers?" nobody smokes because they want to.... at least not after a few years of it

• 1 month later...

There will come a time where it will be all vaping and tobacco will go the way of the droopy drawers fashion - amen !

You mean we won't have to be relegated to the leper colony on the Group W bench with jonnoh, anymore? Don't think I'll live to see that day, but sure is nice to think about.

Edited by aufin

Such an awesome little subculture. Used to be vaping gear was almost non existent in stores outside of the Internet, now we've got cheapies in every convenience store and vapor bars popping up like crazy. Lately people who seem like they've never smoked in their life even seem to finally understand that im not blatantly burning plant matter when vaping indoors.

The revolution has come[emoji100]

I agree we are a sweet little subculture and that the revolution is upon us