We're in for some serious problems

Bushwick

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/6-teens-hospitalized-cloud-9-drug/28214406

This stuff is making headlines all over the place. It seems to have originated in Macomb County, MI. I'm sure most of you know the story with "Bath Salts". People are mixing research chemicals every day in a race to create new synthetic drugs. Recently, though, they have created this "Cloud 9" stuff. They are advertising it as E-LIQUID!!

This is going to be bad, you guys. If the wrong people get their hands on this information, who knows where it could lead the vaping industry. In almost every news story I've found regarding hospitalized teens who ingested this **** have depicted the stuff AS E-Liquid. This particular story shows a k100 with an igo sitting on top!

It's very obvious that any agency that gets their greasy little fingers on the stuff is going to make it out to be a vaping trend. They WANT us to be the bad guys. If not, they would not have shown vape supplies in the story along side this disgusting chemical cocktail. There were no reported cases of children OR adults being hospitalized for inhaling the stuff. All cases were caused by the oral ingestion of this liquid. They plaster the vaping image on every story right there next to this dangerous synthetic drug.

After doing a bit of research on this stuff, it seems that most of it is being distributed in MI. This tells me one thing. That some guy is making this stuff in his garage with chemicals he purchased online. I can only hope that Macomb County gets this stuff off the street as quickly as possible, and that the manufacturer loses the motivation to continue doing what he does. Unfortunately, with research chemicals, it's almost impossible to outlaw the stuff. All the chemical manufacturers have to do is change one little piece of that complicated concoction around and BOOM! New chemical. More importantly, new LEGAL chemical.

This has me very scared. I wanted to share the information with the members of this community so that you may be aware of what could possibly be heading our way. I also don't want anyone to purchase this stuff and end up in the hospital.

Edited by Bushwick

Posted a comment and I will be doing as I state:

"Irresponsible reporting, you should be ashamed of your self's for putting legit e-liquid in this report alongside this "cloud 9" drug that is a danger to kids. Stick to facts and stop making it up as you go. Just because it is packaged like e-liquid in no way makes it e-liquid. Just because it is packaged in a dropper bottle doesn't mean that it can be vaporized. It takes specific ingredients to make vapor. They do state the kids are dropping it on gum. So why did you not put Nicorette Gum in your report? I am going through your video and taking names. I will be making the manufactures you show in the video aware of your adding their legit e-liquid in this report. This is so they can take legal action against you for misrepresenting their legit products."

I get that they want to make people aware of this issue, but they flat out lie. No where in the video do they mention E-Liquid or E-Cigarettes and that kids are vaping this stuff, yet, they put it in writing. They also show legit e-liquid in the video alongside this dangerous new drug. This is just shameful.

Old propoganda trick - take a picture of a guy next to a nazi flag and then let rumor and hysteria do it 's job. Thanks for pushing back, guys. We need to position vaping correctly in the public eye.

Typical bias reporting... a topic of concern to the public... shady new "designer drug" sold in a black-market fashion at gas stations (probably part of the manufacturer's paid distribution network)... But, as usual, the media uses this as an opportunity to work their agenda. I'm amazed they also didn't flash a couple images of "evil black-rifles" as well to hammer the point home.

Comp, don't forget to notify Red-Bull as well... since they were listed (and shown) as the "delivery vehicle of choice", and didn't show a single image of any gum manufacturer's products.... only a vape-pen that wasn't even mentioned in the video...

Ya know guys, I realize this is the "informatin age" with many things going digital/online, etc. Ranting here and on other e-cig forums, and posting responces to unfavorable online articles is all well and good, but, we're pretty much preacing to the choir. In my opinion, if we want to reach the broadest audience, we also need to write letters to the print media as well. I know everything filtered and isn't printed, but if a few do manage to get by the censors and get printed on the editorial pages an additional small voice is heard. And, a small voice is beter than nothing.