Throat Hit

Well I made a thread on this earlier, but I just wanted to clarify something cause I resolved one issue.

My vision spinner II was not holding charge, was told to replug it in when it stopped and take it off every 30 minutes, and thats worked great so far.

I usually get 12mg of nicotine from this local shop, with my favorite flavoring, I could always get a decent head buzz going and put it down for about 2 hours then get it again, I don't chain vape I just pick it up when i'm driving around or on my way to school.

I upped it to 16mg for this new bottle I got, and I get no throat hit, no buzz, the battery is fine now, so is the juice the issue? Is it possible they measured it out wrong, I was told not to go to local vape stores so I ordered some flavoring from EC Blends with 18mg of nicotine.

Or is it possible that the hardware is an issue?

its 70/30 on the bottle, juice is actually pretty thin like water, so probably more VG.

but i've always gotten a good throat hit and buzz until this bottle, the juice has the same consistency as past ones.

I'm a little upset though cause I ordered 70% PG from EC blends then eek

If it is thin it would be higher in PG. (Sorry I miss typed it and corrected it) I'm wondering if they may have forgot the NIC in the mix.

As a rule...

High to Med Nic 24-12mg and High PG = TH

High VG and Low NIC 8-2mg = less TH to none.

18mg even 12mg with high PG should be giving you a decent throat hit.

Your battery has a full charge (Check) (Check to see if your voltage was changed)

New Atomizer (Check)

It has to be the mix of the juice. I can only do so much sitting here. LOL It is not impossible that they made a mistake in mixing. If this was made at a store that mixes one bottle at a time or in small batches. If that is the case, take it back. If this was made by a large company like EC-Blends they do large batches and the whole batch would have the issue.

Could be your first bottle was mixed with a higher NIC than what the bottle read. You say you got a buzz from it. That would indicate a high NIC content... But, you say this new bottle doesn't give that same buzz. It is possible that if this was a shop that mixed it on the spot they forgot to add NIC. If this is the case that they forgot to add the NIC it would explain the light TH.

Try another new coil in your clearomizer. Sometimes you get a dud. What's your voltage on your Spinner II set at? What ohm coil do you have? All those things will also make a difference. Depending on the juice, you sometimes have to adjust the voltage. Some juices like a hotter/higher voltage while juices with fruit juices usually like it lower.

I get a light buzz if I puff it really hard, my friend hit it once who doesn't vape and said it gave him a light head buzz, nothing really noticable though. When I was first vaping especially with high nicotine levels I would get dizzy from the amount of head buzz I would get. So him apparently vaping "16mg" and getting nothing tells me theres probably a problem. The vapor still comes out heavily it just seems like theres no nicotine hit in it.

I have it set usually at full voltage and or 1 lower. I have always used it like that.

With the charging issue you just have to make sure it's actually charging, the Vision Spinner II has a history of charging problems and if it's not on its "cycle" you just have to unplug it and re plug it back in.

Edited by xomska

1. Running a spinner at full voltage will cause premature coil burnout. It will also drain your battery fast. There is no way you could get 2 weeks out of a coil running it that hot. The "throat hit" you are going after May just be the burning out of that coil and wick. You think you are getting a throat hit ad you're probably just inhaling the burnt by products from your coil and juice fried up.

2. Running at full voltage and you are going to experience voltage drop after you burn that battery for a short while. Technically it shouldn't drop voltage but practically speaking, you are going to get voltage drop and then you are going to loose performance of the coil. Especially if you've been burning that coil at 4.8v. Deposits from the juice will build up on that coil fast and then you will get a real dull hit from it.

My advice - ease back there big fella. Run that spinner between 3.7 and 4.0 and then find the juice that gives you the nic and throat hit you like at that power. In my opinion you are over cooking your juice and mistaking that for a good vape.

If that doesn't work for you, you may be a candidate for building your own coils and exploring the next level of vaping - mods.

What's the resistance of the coils you're using? That could possibly be why you can run the voltage up so high and not fry your coils. IF your coil is still good.

Normally, what I use are 1.8 ohm coils at around 3.7 volts. Even with 2.2 ohms I rarely go above 4.0 without getting a little bit of the burnt taste.

Listen to Bebop. He's been around the block a time or two and gives good advice. :)

It doesn't taste burnt at all though and gives off the same amount of vapor, if the coils were burnt i'm sure I would taste it

Two things - you were a smoker. You've been tasting "burnt" for a while. Cigarettes didn't taste "burnt" to me either. But cigarettes def burn. Vaping is completely different. There is no burning at ALL - unless you burn up the coil. I dont mean to be contradictory for sake of argument. I believe you. I am just suggesting that you look at this like a vaper, with fresh eyes. My wife went thru the same thing when we first started. She would walk by me and I'd say "your coil's burnt" and she would be puzzled "really??". I'd take it apart and show her the little charred black coil, lol. Im just trying to illustrate a point that its not always easy to perceive "burnt".

And... I have a theory that a burnt coil can still produce enough power to vaporize liquid and produce vapor but it is also adding burnt byproducts to that vapor that mask the flavor. The flavorings used in e-liquid when super heated leave deposits on the wick and coil which break down chemically and eventually burn when you fire a coil. This is why a coil lasts for only so long before you have to replace it. I've done experiments that show its not the wick itself burning. Take an old coil apart sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about. There is crusty black char built up on the coil that flakes off. I suspect it's the sugar components of the juice that are the big offenders.

Hope this helps. :)

I'll second the char on the coil... when I first started vaping, my coils seemed to last forever, and then my taste-buds started to discern the difference between a fresh coil and a burnt coil! Now, I change my coils a lot more often.... Some juices will not gunk-up and char nearly as quickly as others, and I agree on the "sugary" juices being the big offenders... One of my favorite evening vapes (Chocolate, peanut-butter, caramel) can destroy a coil after about 3-5 tank-fulls (7-12ml of juice)!