The Nautilus Mini

Madoff

Hey guys, I took your advice on the recent thread I made and upgraded to the Nautilus Mini on my Spinner. The question I have is that when I first got it, which was yesterday, it was absolutely amazing. I mean you could taste the flavor on your tongue and lips and now its become sub par. I first noticed it after I refilled my tank. I was able to have it cranked up to about 4.5 V and was getting huge clouds and amazing flavor. Now I have it set to about 4 V and its become really harsh on my throat with even less flavor. I'm not really quite sure if this is a common thing or not. I kept reading that it was supposed to get even better after you break it in. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks :]

At 4.5v my guess is you burned it up a little prematurely. 1.6ohm coil? A new coil can always take a bit more voltage but long term that's pushing it in my opinion.

Other factors may include the type of juice you are using. Some juices are harder on coils than others.

That, and you prob were diggin it so much you chain vaped it up. :)

4.5v at 1.8 is close to 11.5 watts which is way high and if it was the 1.6 ohm would be higher than that....

You really dont want to push much more than 8 watts or about 3.8 volts for best coil life.

Edited by Bebop12

4.5v at 1.8 is close to 11.5 watts which is way high and if it was the 1.6 ohm would be higher than that....

You really dont want to push much more than 8 watts or about 3.8 volts for best coil life.

Oh alright, Yeah that is probably what happened. The extra coil that came in the package is labeled as a 1.8 ohm. I really was chain vaping it :p. Thanks for the quick reply

I haven't experienced problems pushing the 1.8 coils at all. Nothing drastic but on my spinner 2 I keep it at 4.3 V and on both the MVP Shine and Vamo v5 I keep those at 11 watts on the BVC coils no problem. Might just be that one coil or you had wicking issues and it was just a dry burn that did it in. That can happen in a matter of seconds if you don't have it wicking properly. Keep the coil and tank upright and the 1.8 ohm coils should handle 11 watts no problem. Youtube reviewers were pushing them to 16 and as high as 18 but that's not what you want to do normally. It was just to see how high they could handle and not chain vaping of course. 9-11 watts is the sweet spot I think. Depends on your tastes.

Thanks for the reply guys! I went up to my local vape shop and the guy there let me throw my Nautilus Mini on his Vamo and it tasted great! Could it be that my Spinner is going bad? I've tried cleaning the connections and its still not that great. I don't think I have vapers tongue, but I really don't know. I tried to up my ratio on my juices from 50/50 to 70 PG 30 VG and I had a complete allergic reaction. I'm not quite sure what to do other than upgrade my PV. Once again thanks for the replies guys.

What voltage did you have your Spinner at? That could've been it. With a 1.8 ohm coil I usually run it on my Spinners at 3.8v to 4.0v depending on the juice I have in the tank at the time.

I have it set about 3.5V. The guy at the shop put mine up to 15 Watts and I still got flavor.12.5 W was definitely the sweet spot. I tried looking up to see if other people have battery problems, but haven't found anything. I just assumed if it stopped holding a charge or the VV was messed up I would notice it.

3.5v is too low for a 1.8 ohm coil. No wonder you think your Spinner isn't working right. Go up to 3.7v and vape. Go up a little more. Vape. Keep doing that until you start getting a little bit of a burnt taste and then back it down a notch. That will be your sweet spot for that juice in your tank. :)

3.5v is too low for a 1.8 ohm coil. No wonder you think your Spinner isn't working right. Go up to 3.7v and vape. Go up a little more. Vape. Keep doing that until you start getting a little bit of a burnt taste and then back it down a notch. That will be your sweet spot for that juice in your tank. :)

I've been watching a couple videos and just checked Aspires website and they say that the ceramic material they put in them are heat resistant. http://www.aspirecig.com/news/news175.html

I just cleaned my coils today for the several time hoping they would preform better, but I think the problem I was having was that I wasn't letting them dry out enough. I just popped in my coil and took about 15 pass through vapes ranging from 3.3 up to 4.3 and I'm starting to get my flavor back. Have you tried this Tameiki?

Edited by Madoff

I'm now watching this thread intently, since I have a Nautilus Mini coming to me. Here's a question though, will it work fine on an Evod Twist? Otherwise I will have to give it to my husband for his Provari I suppose, but I would love to have a good tank for my own use! :o)

I'm now watching this thread intently, since I have a Nautilus Mini coming to me. Here's a question though, will it work fine on an Evod Twist? Otherwise I will have to give it to my husband for his Provari I suppose, but I would love to have a good tank for my own use! :o)

Any tank with either an Ego or 510 fitting will fit your Evod Twist. I am not a Nautilus guy but I am sure they are one of the two lol.

The Nautilus mini has a 510 connection so it'll fit on your Evod Twist. It even comes with a beauty ring to hide the eGo threads on your Twist. If this doesn't make sense now, it will once your mini comes in. I use my mini on my Vision Spinner, which is very similar to your battery. :)

I had nothing but problems with my Kanger PTII Constant gurgling and the ratio of good coils to bad coils was about 1:1 so the lower cost was really negated in the long run because half of them were horrible. The taste was never there either. Even when I replace the bottom with the airflow control valve it was not the best tank. I'm happy I switched to all nautilus tanks. One original and two minis currently. I use them on a Vamo V5, MVP 2 shine, and Spinner II On the rare occasion I get some flooding I open up the airflow to max and take a few puffs. All fixed. The BVC coils are pretty good and they taste great and last a lot longer than any PT coil I had. I'd definitely say an upgrade is worth it. The only thing better to me on a PT II was the filling and how the glass was protected somewhat from the get go. With the nautilus you have to buy an aftermarket metal protected tank if you want that extra peace of mind.

Edited by SteezeOG

I had nothing but problems with my Kanger PTII Constant gurgling and the ratio of good coils to bad coils was about 1:1 so the lower cost was really negated in the long run because half of them were horrible. The taste was never there either. Even when I replace the bottom with the airflow control valve it was not the best tank. I'm happy I switched to all nautilus tanks. One original and two minis currently. I use them on a Vamo V5, MVP 2 shine, and Spinner II On the rare occasion I get some flooding I open up the airflow to max and take a few puffs. All fixed. The BVC coils are pretty good and they taste great and last a lot longer than any PT coil I had. I'd definitely say an upgrade is worth it. The only thing better to me on a PT II was the filling and how the glass was protected somewhat from the get go. With the nautilus you have to buy an aftermarket metal protected tank if you want that extra peace of mind.

Not arguing the KPT2 is the best tank ever but they are definitely not awful. If your bad coil ratio was 1-1 you are either the most unlucky person on earth or you were buying knockoffs. I mean no offense, but I order KPT coils by the case usually 150 at a time to get the deal I get and I would say my ratio is maybe 1 out of 50 or so will have a defect and at under $1 each I can live with that. I mainly use Anyvape Davide Minis (the old Anyvape 2.5ml style before they started using Aspire coils) and they blow the KPT 2 away in the flavor department but both are reliable tanks with a modicum of maintenance and care. I still have 6 KPT 2s that I occasionally use with no issues when I do not want to risk one of my Davide Minis in situations where a tank might have a higher chance of being broken (boating, football game, camping, hiking etc...). I tried the airflow thing but cleaning is a pain and its not "that much" different so I went back to the original bases.

I am careful with my Davide minis because they no longer make them in the configuration I like ( KPT single coil 2.5ml capacity) and I only have 4 replacement glasses left lol. I have tried to find someone that has any laying around that are drippers now or anything I would pay $10 each for them in good condition which is only about $1 less than they were new....that's how much I like them.

I may someday try the Nautilus but it will be when my Davide Minis are all no longer functional. I keep 10-12 tanks filled all the time so I do not have to mess with filling so much. My life is so busy sometimes it is hard to find time to sleep and eat. If I were to buy 1 I would have to buy 10 lol, My wife calls me the "King of excess" haha.

Edited by bcartervol98

There are six Anyvape Davide minis in the 2.5 ml in my stash that are brand new in the box and four of the 2.0 ml versions before they went with the Aspire configuration. I've been saving these since they don't make either of them anymore. There are 12 of the old ones in use and I've been oh so very careful with them because they do work so well. I wish Anyvape would start making the old style again. *sighs*

No, B. Sorry, but I'm not willing to part with my little stash. :D

There are six Anyvape Davide minis in the 2.5 ml in my stash that are brand new in the box and four of the 2.0 ml versions before they went with the Aspire configuration. I've been saving these since they don't make either of them anymore. There are 12 of the old ones in use and I've been oh so very careful with them because they do work so well. I wish Anyvape would start making the old style again. *sighs*

No, B. Sorry, but I'm not willing to part with my little stash. :D

I know I have tried. I SO REGRET trading Troy 6 of my extra used ones for 4 new KPT 2s back good while back. At least I have my replacement glass for the 2.5ml. I have only broken one to date (knocking on wood) and have 4 left with a ton of Orings and stuff. I bet I can keep these going for a couple more years at least. By then there will be an Octocoil probably as the replacement haha.

I would probably pay profit for 6 new in the box if you ever change your mind. Maybe $15 each if you change your mind :-)). I still have 4 of the 2.0ml versions in the box but they are different in more ways than capacity imo. The holes are much smaller and harder to fill.

Edited by bcartervol98