tiger coil...

christov11

The "Tiger Coil" are 2 wires twisted together. The original was done with 28g round and 0.9 Flat Kanthal.

Tiger-Coil-28-9-twist.jpg

Once you twist the wire then you could try a parallel build. Doing this in parallel, I think you would find that it would be so thick that you would hard time (without drilling the post holes) getting in in the post holes.

If your looking expand on a twisted coil build just follow OHMs law and be careful. :)

yeah dual parrallel but I was trying to use 24g and twisted 26.

Of course I checked ohms and I always test fire on a new battery but the whole mod god warm... not hot but almost.. it didnt feel safe so i took it out. really dont like when the mods do that, I might be too cautious but rather be safe then sorry! Im having trouble with my hades... its the black one so I think its all stainless and it doesnt seem to like my 28mm tobh... always heats up. Im gonna be getting another 26650 mod sometime soon since I just dont trust the hades anymore. seems to be less variety of 26650 mod clones though! havent found one that I really liked. if only i could find the 4nine clone in 26650... or i think they call it the 2six when its that size haha

That twisted flat looks good. I have a spool of 28ga I really don't do anything with. I guess I need to order some flat. I have just about accepted the fact I can't build an untwisted (parallel) coil. It looks like it was built by a very unskilled 3rd grader. (No offense to third graders!) It seems like the Tiger would have much more surface area, but I don't know how it compares in ohms. How does it compare to my dual coil 7 wrap of 26 gauge on a 3.4 mm pin compare. In other words is is more or less ohms/ft than a 26 gauge. I would assume less ohms/per foot because it seems like there is much more conductor there. Am I looking at it right?

Edited by jasonculp

That twisted flat looks good. I have a spool of 28ga I really don't do anything with. I guess I need to order some flat. I have just about accepted the fact I can't build an untwisted (parallel) coil. It looks like it was built by a very unskilled 3rd grader. (No offense to third graders!) It seems like the Tiger would have much more surface area, but I don't know how it compares in ohms. How does it compare to my dual coil 7 wrap of 26 gauge on a 3.4 mm pin compare. In other words is is more or less ohms/ft than a 26 gauge. I would assume less ohms/per foot because it seems like there is much more conductor there. Am I looking at it right?

Made me laugh jason!

did you try with regular strand kenthal for the parralel? (cant seem to spell that right... wtv you guys know what im saying haha) ...(and I know deleting it and re-writing the word would of been easier than writing this whole train of thought...)

Do these crazy builds actualy produce more vapor? Im finding my 24g 7 wrap dual are the best ones up to now?

I have only tried the dual coil - parallel (2 strands) with the 28 and 30 gauge. I can't do much with the 30 gauge, it is just too thin. I do fine with the 28 though. I just cant make successful parallel coils. My go to is still the 6-7 wraps of 26g around a 3.4mm pin, dual, vertical coil.

I have been working on part# nomenclature for our computer system all week (at night) and it has me thinking we need a shorthand for coils that would be easier to type... something like: 6/26/3.4mmDVC

Sorry my brain is fried from excel!

I have not tried twisted/tiger or anything too crazy yet. I did make a dual parallel vertical, but it was way too low of ohms, and I didn't like it.

Edited by jasonculp

The Tiger coil is more of a flavor coil build but will produce good vapor as well. The one I posted is actually loose, you should twist it to the point that no round wire is showing. If you go to far with it it will star to knot up like the rubber band on a the toy airplanes. I'm more of a flavor chaser than a cloud chaser so I like them. There are better build for cloud chasing.

The Tiger coil is more of a flavor coil build but will produce good vapor as well. The one I posted is actually loose, you should twist it to the point that no round wire is showing. If you go to far with it it will star to knot up like the rubber band on a the toy airplanes. I'm more of a flavor chaser than a cloud chaser so I like them. There are better build for cloud chasing.

I am planning to get a spool of 24gauge round. I saw where you posted that you use .9 ribbon (in the picture above) and .5 ribbon for Kanger coils. I don't rebuild my Kanger coils (i uses Nautilus now), I will only be using in RDAs What do you recommend to start out with?

Dang memories! I used to love the cheap drugstore balsa wood airplanes! The kind that had the hook on back and the plastic piece that held the propeller on front. The main wing slid through the solid balsa wood fuselage. You would twist them forever for a 2 second flight (crash) I wonder if they even make them anymore?

You could do the same build that I do in the KPT heads in an Aspire head. You may even consider a vertical build for the aspire. You may be able to use a larger gauge.

The flat wire is a little different from the round. The larger the number the lower the resistance, where as the round round it is the lower number that gives less resistance. Temco has a good chart for matching what flat wire is equal to what round wire.

I use 32 and .5 for the KPT coils because I use them on my APV without making a huge coil to hit the 1.2ohm mark. If your building aspire coils I would go with the 32 .5 twist. If your doing a dripper start with the 28 and .9 twist to start with.

You could do the same build that I do in the KPT heads in an Aspire head. You may even consider a vertical build for the aspire. You may be able to use a larger gauge.

I have taken apart a few Nautilus (BDC) heads and they are so tiny. I may try one some day. I just don't have the patience for it right now. It is nearly worth the money to buy them even though I am sure it would be better if I made them. I may resurrect some one of my old Kanger's and try it out.

I may just order both, they are not that expensive and I would only have to pay one shipping, that way I am ready for anything!

Hahaha I love you guys!

Jason, you should get a few different wire sets to play around with! I'm personally in need of a couple more to satisfy my curiosity.

On another note I've been trying to use 20g since the surface area is huuuge but my mod gets hot with it and I don't feel safe with a hot mod... Resistance is checked and all but I think I started another thread about it anyways. Do tests with different wires and wraps etc to find what YOU like... I'm blessed to have a LOT of free time at the office these days so when I started dripping I was pumping out a bunch of builds a day and trying them all to see what fit my standards. It's all about trial and error, in a safe fashion.

By the way I totally agree with making shorthand nomenclature for builds!!!

What do you think would work best?

Wraps/guage/inside diameter?

Let's start that! I'm 100% sure it will catch on!!!

Edited by christov11

Dang memories! I used to love the cheap drugstore balsa wood airplanes! The kind that had the hook on back and the plastic piece that held the propeller on front. The main wing slid through the solid balsa wood fuselage. You would twist them forever for a 2 second flight (crash) I wonder if they even make them anymore?

Of course you can. I just bought 2 of them. One for the nephew and one for.........me!

Made me laugh jason!

did you try with regular strand kenthal for the parralel? (cant seem to spell that right... wtv you guys know what im saying haha) ...(and I know deleting it and re-writing the word would of been easier than writing this whole train of thought...)

Do these crazy builds actualy produce more vapor? Im finding my 24g 7 wrap dual are the best ones up to now?

24 guage 7 wrap center post (sleeper) is my go to build right now, you are absolutely correct.