Taste budds or juice?

So my "favorite" juice is starting to get on my nerves...

Im not sure if its the taste budds changing after a few months of not smoking or that the juice is going bad or im just plain old getting tired of the juice.

Any of you experience the same effect?

Until I found the flavor I have vaped exclusively for almost a year now I would love a flavor for a week or two then all of a sudden when I tried another one that I liked better the old one tasted like ***. SO glad I am done with all that as long as my vendor is in business I am good and if they ever arent I will find a way to get the recipe OR have someone clone it.

I LOADED my nautilus on Monday night and Ive been puffing like a dragon to try and bring it down.the first toke tasted special and then it just went downhill.... I think by the end of today I should be able to switch it up... so excited haha

Thanks guys! I was scared it might be some other kind of issue but everything is a week old apart from the juice which is maybe one month old.... Glad to know its just me!

I have two favorite flavors, and several others that get an occasional hit as a treat to my tastebuds :)

It's not uncommon to grow tired of a flavor as you get your sense of taste back from smoking... sometimes you just need a new flavor, and sometimes it is vapor's tongue where you need to switch up flavors and drink LOTS more water!!

Also, be aware of a failing coil or dirty juice. Heat from the coil(s) can cause a "good" juice to go dark and taste funny, especially if you have a habit of topping off a tank before it's half-used, and a failing coil not only will be hard to draw, but can also give juices a "different" taste. :)

Personally I think Vapers Tongue is sort of mythical a lot like I believe steeping to be. I mean, people say you have to rotate flavors but my wife has vaped one flavor for almost the entire time she has vaped and other than the first couple months so have I. We both quit cigarettes and started vaping the same day, 4-23-2013. For over a year I have vaped Endless Summer from Fuzion 18mg and she has vaped Peppermint from ECBlends in 24mg since her 3rd or 4th week in. Both taste the same from then till now.

I notice you are about 2 months in or a little over. I have a theory that "Vapers Tongue" is simply your taste-buds growing back and functioning correctly so you are actually tasting what you are vaping. There are literally dozens of foods I loved when I smoked that I cannot stand now and even more that I couldn't stand before that I like now. The transformation of smell and taste is so huge it is staggering. I LOVED some flavors when I started that I cannot even stand the smell of now but have vaped the same thing for at least a year if not a little over that with no change in taste or satisfaction.

With that said, it took a couple months for me to find the flavor that my new and improved taste-buds liked. Once I did it made all the difference in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

So what would I do instead of topping off the tank? im guessing its cleaning but...I cant really shove a coil underwater.... at least with my logic that doesnt make sense.

I generally vape mine until it is very low, pour out the last few drops, and refill. I have 12 tanks in rotation and I clean and put in new coils in all of them once every couple months (approx every 5-6 refills) and do them all at the same time because it is just easier for me to do it that way.

I do notice my KPT 2s will get dark and funky a lot quicker than my Davide minis do even though I only use the KPT 2s on the weekend and use the Davide minis all week.

Nah, we derail threads regularly :)

What I was referring to is you have one tank and you keep one flavor in it... and I see/hear of lots of people vaping that tank for 20-min and topping it off, repeat... so the juice that was there yesterday or the day before is still mostly there, and has seen lots of heating so it gets funky.

I vape until the liquid is at the bottom of the glass (so there's 1/2 ml or less to "freshen-up" or dump out) before refilling. It stopped the problem of juice going bad from constant reheating.

ah okok yeah I get how that could make it turn...I usually top it off when there is barely anything in there and im scared to not puff juince and just be burning the wick. Regardless I will be changing flavors as I put some of the new on in my 2nd backup in an aero mini and I loved the taste... so thats going into my main devices FO SHO!

I started another thread on maintenance since i had a lot to say so you guys could have an idea and didnt want to post it in the juicing section since it was more about the mod and tank etc.

Thanks guys!

damn it...

I changed juices finally! but now I miss the little freshness at the end of a drag with my peachblast.............................

this is gonna take a lot of trial and error... i wish there was a berry flavor with a fresh finish! not as harsh as a menthol flavor though it was really sublte.

the eternal struggle!

• 1 month later...

I have a theory about artificial food flavors: The flavor molecules used in the flavorings target specific olfactory (smell) receptors and burn them out (saturated) temporarily. I solved that problem by only vaping natural extracted flavors. I don't have to chase flavors with my vapes as I don't get tired of them.

• 2 weeks later...

...I cant really shove a coil underwater....

Assuming you're wrapping your own coils, of course you can. Remove the wick and get the coil glowing hot. As soon as you let off on the power, dunk JUST THE COIL in distilled water (or alcohol). It will blow all the "crud" off the coil. Fire it back up to dry the coil, rewick and vape just like the coil was brand new. NOTE: If you use tap water, especially if your tap water has a high mineral/iron content, you'll ruin the coil.