Juice shelf life.

DPCardoza

It varies depending on juice ingredients and storage conditions but generally if you store your juice in a moderate environment (away from heat and light) the consensus is about a year.

Edited by Bebop12

Yep BeBop has it right. Some can last longer if stored properly. But, I would not vape anything over a year old. Once opened I wouldn't let it go more than 6-7 months. Air can also cause the Nic to discolor the juice. Best way to store it is in cool dark place. Placing it in the refrigerator is best for extended storage.

To have it last longer would you recomend keeping it in the fridge? I can imagine the dangers if in a family setting but since I live alone... I control my fridge PRETTY well haha.

I was thinking about this the other day... Obviously it wont be tomorrow. BUT...

When and if they start regulating this passion of ours. I can almost guarentee that the prices are going to go up.

That being said, Ive been thinking of stacking up on juice. Obviously a years worht of juice is A LOT. but given that a 30ml bottle lasts me a couple weeks TO THE LEAST, Im thinking of getting a lot more.

Anyone actualy have "bad" juice? wouldnt just shaking it "remix" the whole thing?

For me, I'm not going to stock up on juice anymore than I already do just trying new flavors. For a new vaper I wouldn't recommend it, either. Your taste buds are changing and will continue to change. What tastes great to you today may be awful tomorrow so, if you stock up on a particular flavor now.... I think you see where this is going?

Until we see what kind of legislation goes through I think I'll take the wait and see approach. Regardless of new regulations, they won't be set into place immediately so there will be a window of time to stock up if need be.

Just my two cents anyway. :)

I've used juices that were at or just beyond the 1-yr life (those gifted to me with close expiration date on bottle), and they tasted as good as one that was only a couple months old... but as stated, that will vary by juice contents, flavor, and manufacturer. One year is a good rule, IMO

For me, personally, I've not been vaping for a year yet, so anything I've bought, and not yet used, is still well within it's birth-year so to speak.

For those flavors that I vape daily (~20ml / day), I have no issues buying in bulk (180-360ml bundles). It saves costs, and there is no danger of any of those bottles sitting around longer than 3-6 months. Every other flavors I vape "occasionally" are purchased in 30ml quantities (again, cost factors).... Some see 1-2ml per week use... some a bit more... but even at 1ml per week, it will be used easily within a year.

If I buy something new to try and I don't like the flavor (or tire of it too quickly), it gets gifted away, so I don't have those sitting around either. Oh, sure, 100 bottles of juice look awesome on the shelf... until they are covered in dust :)

I picked up 180ml of juice last night... while I was at the local B&M... and just checked the date on the sides:

Four bottles say "Best if used by May 2016"... so roughly two-years from date of manufacture on those.

The other two bottles say "Liquid expires one year from date of purchase"... so they obviously have over a year of shelf-life, because who knows how long they sit on the shelf before they're sold? Although they do a booming business in juices there because of their great prices and selection, so I doubt anything would sit more than 4-6 months, even if it's a crappy flavor :)