Stripped threads on my VTR!

I recently went back to using my VTR and Vivi novas because of my battery issues I had on the 4th. After using the mini nova that I received from Brian with the eVo juice, The tank started getting all wobbly. After I noticed that, I started using the extension because I figured a tank that didn't fit tight to the ring on my device could strip the threads.

Well it happened. On my way home today, I went to puff on my device and didn't get anything out of it. I started looking for the problem and found that my extension wasn't screwing into the threads. It would screw in to a certain point then just move freely. It won't tighten down tight enough to use anything on it.

Is there any way to replace these threads aside from fully modding the device? Are replacement 510 connectors available for these devices? I don't want to have a Stainless Steel brick.

I suppose if I can't get a replacement connector that is the same as the one that is currently on the device, I might pull a MEDIC and convert it to a DNA device...

You might try contacting the manufacturer to see if there's a fix. I know the first generation VTRs were notorious for stripped threads. My VTR is of the first round but so far I've been very careful and very lucky. *knocks on wood* Sorry that I can't be more help than that. :(

*sigh* Thanks, Tam.

I guess I am just gonna have to convert it to a dna device. I could put the VTR guts into a custom box, I guess. Everything still works like it did the day I brought it home.

My VTR did the same thing. I never forced anything on to it or over tightened, it literally just happened. I'm so freaking mad because I really like the device when I'm fishing because I thought it was rugged. This is the first year I haven't bought fishing cigars because I was comfortable knowing this could handle it even though it's my only device that hasn't been dropped LOL

My VTR is toast as well. Extension doesn't work nothing does but it was a long time coming. It would read 6.7 ohms on a new 1.5 ohms coil etc but it would straighten out some if I put the extension on. Now it does the non and shuts off.

I didn't giggle though I said nasty things, really loud.

6 mos seems to be the Max of life on anything like that for me.

I won't spend the money again, Screw it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my Cana about two weeks now and I love it. It's much smaller and lighter than the VTR (but so is a Buick) although IMO not quite as comfortable to hold. I really liked the curved side of the VTR. If you're looking at another box mod I suggest the Cana 30W.