my second coil! love it

OK been testing out my new kayfun mod now for a few weeks,the first coil I made was @ 1.15 ohms & was great! It gave me more vape then my aero tank but now I wanted more. I made another coil with the same 28 gauge wire, 2.4mm 7 wraps coil. It is at .88 ohms & its a little warmer & double the vape now! I'm vaping on 50/50 mix. I just ordered a roll of 26 gauge wire will it change much if I make the same coil using 26 gauge?

The lower the gauge the lower the resistance. Given that resistance and surface area are factors in vapor/flavor production, it will change. I couldn't tell you how much because I use only 28g. I haven't experimented much with other gauges because I am so content with 28. But from everything I have read, the larger wire will change the vape. Maybe a warmer vape because of the lesser resistance. Might be harder hitting, too. I suggest playing around with certain gauges to find what you like. :)

Other people will be able to tell you more. This is just my understanding.

just checked that site out...very nice. I keep ohms law on my phone using electrical code navigator app on my iphone.

I like it because it allows you to choose multiple strands of wire as well, and also gives options for dual, triple, and quad coils serial or parallel. Great little tool!

Idk how your getting it to wick at 1ohm or below. I tried a ton. What's your secret? I use cotton, tried it every way imaginable and went down to 50/50.

Well I use silica rope for wick, never tried cotton & I'm also vaping 50/50. I made the size of my coil bigger so I have more wicking material. What's the diameter of your coil?

I am wrapping on a blunt tip syringe for my kayfun. What diameter are you running? I will have to look into the silica rope. Although I love the cotton, just couldn't get it comfortably under about 1.3ohms. It would work, but not for chain vaping.

I got a set of precision screwdrivers from Walmart & they have different mm sizes. I tried 1.4mm but the wick didn't fit so I removed a strand & it tasted burnt so I tried 2.4mm because of the wick I had & it works great!another thing that I think helps get the juice to the wick is I have my air flow tight so when I hit it I get a vacuum affect which pulls up juice. It still flows good tho don't get me wrong & it gives out plenty of vape without much effort. When I use to smoke I would pack the hell out my cigs because I liked my tobacco tight so I still prefer my mod to fell the same way. Just my personal preference but I think it helps juice the wick better!

I am wrapping on a blunt tip syringe for my kayfun. What diameter are you running? I will have to look into the silica rope. Although I love the cotton, just couldn't get it comfortably under about 1.3ohms. It would work, but not for chain vaping.

Also I'm not sure about the size of the wick because I got a free piece when I bought some 28 gauge wire. I just received a roll of 26 gauge wire & some 2mm wick so things are gonna change! I'll let you know how it works out Richstag.

Oh for sure. But I did the airflow too. So I'm guessing it's either the larger coil, the wick, or the combo of both. I will give it another try when I need to rebuild the kayfun. I haven't touched it In the last few days though. The new patriot has really grown on me. Dripping and driving yikes. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh for sure. But I did the airflow too. So I'm guessing it's either the larger coil, the wick, or the combo of both. I will give it another try when I need to rebuild the kayfun. I haven't touched it In the last few days though. The new patriot has really grown on me. Dripping and driving yikes. Thank you.

OK, tried the new 2mm silica & it was OK. The silica I had the first time was twice the size so it worked better. The vender who sold me the 2mm silica rope gave me a free sample of Japanese organic cotton so I tried it out... LOVE IT!!! Stick to the cotton just try the 2.4mm coil so you can get more cotton in there!

My most recent build is my personal best yet :D

I run 32g 7.5 wraps 2mm size. comes out to 1.6ohm. (I wrap around a 5/64" drill bit. you can pick one up for $3 at the hardware store)

and what I have learned with cotton...less is more... don't try and stuff a bunch of cotton in there. wicks slower.

make it a very loose fit and fluff out the ends by the juice ramps. also try to keep your coil as close and as centered as possible over the air intake hole for best vapor results.

I get more than enough vapor production off of my 32g wire. and it has the added bennefit of instant vapor production the moment you push the button. no waiting for it to heat up... the thinner the wire the faster it gets hot as it is less material to heat. heating larger diameter objects takes longer than heating smaller diameter objects. Just a little food for thought.

my 1.6ohm coil fires 3x faster than my buddies 28g .8ohm coil...

20140712_232531_zpse64aa92a.jpg

20140712_233941_zpsa56c93c5.jpg

Edited by Mr Smith