Hello from KS

Mortimer452

Good evening, all. New vaper from KS here.

I first tried e-cigs several years ago, the little sticks that look like regular cigarettes with screw-on disposable cartridges. They were V2Cigs brand, sortof a friend of a friend was just starting the company and was giving away starter kits to everyone he knew.

I am a 1.5-pack-per day (maybe more?) smoker. I gave them a good honest try but didn't really care for them much. I experimented a bit with flavors, but never found one I really liked, and the strength and "throat hit" just wasn't there. Plus, the batteries sucked, always running out, constantly going bad and wouldn't charge anymore. So, after several weeks of on-and-off use I gave them up and went back to my Camel Wides.

Recently, some guys are at my house putting siding on my barn, and I notice one of them vaping in his truck while on break. His device was unlike any I had seen available when I tried them several years ago. Big, cigar-like battery, glass tank at the top. The quantity of vapor it produced was astonishing compared to what I had used before. We talked for a bit, he pointed me towards a local e-cig shop, so I went in and got myself a starter kit including an eGo battery and Aspire BDC.

Vaping on the eGo now for just 2 days. So far, I'm really impressed. I can already tell this is probably going to be my new obsession. I still find myself smoking a real cig occasionally, just love the flavor of those Camel Wides.

Welcome to VT!

I spent a lot of time in Kansas City over the past few years (work), and really loved that area (South side, and especially the Cabela's on the west-side's outer loop), but not the traffic downtown... man, those people can't drive!

Kicking the analog habit is tough for the first couple of weeks. One thing that will help is to find a flavor or two you really like and make sure you're getting a high enough nicotine level to satisfy your "needs". Smoking over a pack a day of Camels, I'd recommend you be vaping juices in the 18-24mg levels... you can always cut them down, but to kick the habit of analogs, you gotta make sure you're still getting the nicotine your body craves!

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Since I started vaping I've been smoking maybe 3-4 cigs per day - today, for the first time, just one.

Grabbed several flavors from another local eCig shop: Juicy Peach, turkish tobacco, Atomic Fireball (WOW!) and Creme de Menthe. Switching around flavors a few times per day seems to help cravings immensely. Every flavor I try seems to go flat after using it for a few hours, with the exception of Atomic Fireball which always tastes very strong (VERY cinnamon-ey!)

I started out using less, but now going through maybe 3.5ish mils per day - loving this so far. Heading out on a 4-day 3-night campout with my son tomorrow afternoon. I plan on bringing my 3 eGo batteries, iTaste MVP, plenty of juice with me - but no tobacco cigs :)

Edited by Mortimer452

That's totally normal to not be able to taste a flavor after vaping it for too long. I change through three or four different juices in a day minimum. Whenever one flavor starts to go blah, I change to something completely different for awhile. Then, I can go back to the first flavor and taste it again -- or go to another different flavor. ;)

Oh, and atomic fireball? I hope you're using something with a glass tank. That high of a cinnamon content has been known to crack a plastic tank.

Edited by Tameiki

That's totally normal to not be able to taste a flavor after vaping it for too long. I change through three or four different juices in a day minimum. Whenever one flavor starts to go blah, I change to something completely different for awhile. Then, I can go back to the first flavor and taste it again -- or go to another different flavor. ;)

Oh, and atomic fireball? I hope you're using something with a glass tank. That high of a cinnamon content has been known to crack a plastic tank.

I have heard that about plastic tanks, I asked the store owner about it and he said the Atomic Fireball actually has less cinnamon in it than you think and the plastic tank is OK. The tank he had it in on his sampling table was plastic. He has one other cinnamon flavor, Cinnamon Red-hots - this one was in a glass tank, but the Atomic Fireball was not.

Well, I did it, finally quit the analog cigs. Went on a 4-day campout with my son's scout pack, took only my eGo's and iTaste MVP.

I think I'm finally on-board with vaping. Extremely convenient to get my nicotine fix compared to smoking cigs. I can pull the eGo out of my pocket, take a vape, put it back in pretty much anywhere.

Sig updated :)
Edited by Mortimer452