16 days and counting...

neyney87

I have recently switched from analogs to vaping! I was hesitant to purchase one but took the plunge and bought an inexpensive one. To my surprise, I am loving it. It definitely isn't like a normal cigarette but I have accepted that and am able to enjoy it. Still learning lots of different techniques and tid bits about clearomizers.

Thanks everyone! My biggest factor for exploring was because I wasn't enjoying smoking a cigarette anymore. They started to taste horrible and I drive an hour to work everyday and was begining to smoke over a pack a day due to chain smoking during my drive. Cannot wait to keep trying more flavors! :) I have a local shop that has a wide variety to choose from too!

Welcome and congrats. You'll have moments early on where you feel like you want a cigarette but stay strong and keep vaping. After a few months when the old smoking crap coughs up from your lungs and you get your taste and smelling back you'll hate the smell of them and be completely glad you made the switch to vaping.

SteezeOG - thanks! A lot of people keep asking me if I want an analog or do I crave one at all. Surprisingly I'm staying strong! And haven't had any urges that I needed to resist. I believe I found the right amount of nic and a good flavor. I am currently using a tripl3ego. Read good reviews on it and we sell it where I work so it was calling my name for a couple weeks :) I eventually plan on getting a better unit but this one seems to satisfy me.

Welcome! I went and picked some clothes from an old apartment the other day. I smoked when I lived there. I haven't seen those items for 6 months and they STILL smell like an ashtray.

I hadn't driven my truck since I stopped smoking analogs... I got in it last week to haul the junk I had been piling-up to the dump, and was floored by the stale ashtray smell... YUK! I had already cleaned/detailed my car, but forgot about the truck... oops...

Needless to say, the doors and windows were left open for two days, used half a bottle of Febreeze on the carpet, and cleaned/detailed the seat, dash, headliner, doors, windows, etc.... The ashtray required oven/grill cleaner to get all the crud out of it... and a soak overnight in bleach-water finally took the smell out!

It's probably the cleanest that truck has been since it was new... in 1969! Or, at least the first time the ashtray was THAT clean since it was new.

SteezeOG - thanks! A lot of people keep asking me if I want an analog or do I crave one at all. Surprisingly I'm staying strong! And haven't had any urges that I needed to resist. I believe I found the right amount of nic and a good flavor. I am currently using a tripl3ego. Read good reviews on it and we sell it where I work so it was calling my name for a couple weeks :) I eventually plan on getting a better unit but this one seems to satisfy me.

Congrats on the switch and finding the right amount of nic/flavor off the bat. :)

We almost started the same time. A friend from work introduced me to vaping, and recommended matching nic levels with analog habit. Turns out I crave analogs more that way but I don't, or not as much when I go to lower levels.. Every site I lurked at have the same general recommendations, and every time I play with different nic levels, I get the same intense cravings for analogs as nic level go higher. Having found your sweet spot very early on is a blessing and don't let others sway you otherwise.

C

Actually, yeah... Febreeze is a wonderful invention!

My car does not have an ashtray, so I used one of those ash-cups with the little hole in the top, and I was pretty good about emptying it out and keeping it "clean". Removing that from the car was the first thing that I did after I gave up the analogs!

But, since the car has cloth EVERYWHERE, I "soaked" all the seats, headliner... even the trunk, with Febreeze... I used 409 spray carpet cleaner on the carpets and floor-mats, scrubbed it in with a nylon brush, and then let it dry. Once the carpet was dry, I vacuumed everything really well, and then hit the carpets with a good coating of Febreeze.... and re-sprayed all the seats just for good measure.

Next, I let it all air-out with all the doors and trunk open for a full day (and had a good breeze that day, too). Then I cleaned the non-cloth parts with soapy water mix and wiped everything down again with a hot-water "rinse"... scrubbed the windows with foaming glass cleaner, and then detailed the whole interior with TurtleWax F21 vinyl protectant.

To help it out, I popped in a couple of those vent-sticks with fresh-linen smell, since I didn't take apart the vent's duct-work and clean those (probably wouldn't hurt though)... Oh, and I changed the cabin air-filter and cleaned all the "filter-box" area, too, which I'm sure was full of smoke-smell...

The whole cleaning process took a full day, but was worth it... the car looks and smells new again! I think you'd be hard-pressed to tell it had ever been smoked in after all that cleaning.

I did the same thing for the truck, but it is OLD, so it still has a little "old truck" smell that won't come out unless I "restore it", but once I scrubbed the ashtray with oven/grill cleaner to get back to the base-metal, and then soaked the whole thing in bleach-water, the ashtray just smells like steel (and a little bleach) :) Seriously, the ashtray was the real culprit for the smell in my truck, although wiping down everything with bleach-water after a good soapy-water cleaning sure didn't hurt it any either... The old gal can take a little bleach :)