New to Vaping

Dgray10

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe help me out. As you can see from my title I'm new to Vaping, and by new I mean have purchased my first one yet,have tries some friends and loved them, now I'm looking for my own. I've looked around online, but there are so many options and so many things I don't understand. I'm looking for something reasonably priced that works well. I am also unsure of what all it is I need to purchase and what kind of maintenance/extras I'd need to purchase for things that need to be replaced every so often. If anyone can be of any help that would be awesome.

For someone brand new to vaping I always recommend starting with a starter kit. It gives you all the basic supplies you need to get going. Unfortunately, starter kits can be confusing and vary widely too. I recommend getting the Evod starter kit you can find right here at the vapor talk store. It's a kit that performs well, is competitively priced and will be useful for the next 6months while you read up and educate yourself on vaping to see if you want to explore further the possibilities of vaping.

Once you buy this kit, you will need to purchase juice for refilling your tanks and you will need to buy "coils" which are the replaceable heating element that fits in your tank. They have a short life, usually lasting anywhere from a week to 3 weeks depending on the juice you are vaping. The coil that comes with the kit I mentioned is very popular and very available.

Juice:

Juice is VERY subjective and I'm not kidding. You may read a review about how amazing a juice tastes and you may hate it. You are just going to have to experiment. Best is if you have a local shop where you can test to your liking. In the liquid reviews section there are lots of good recommendations.

Nicotine - if you are a smoker trying to quit nicotine levels in the juice are critical to your success. Please tell your smoking habits and I will advise further.

I recommend you read all the stickies in each sub forum for further education. Some of them are a little outdated and do not contain the most modern equipment but the general idea is there. Ask questions in the main forum to clarify. Start with the sticky that covers the terminology of vaping. There are a lot of words to know so you understand what everybody is talking about.

Until you understand the basics and have some experience with vaping, I would avoid any of the over complicated aspects of vaping like advanced personal vaporizers, "mods" , building your own coils and such. That's just advice for now.

Tell us more about your history and purpose for vaping? Do you know what kind your friend has?

Well said Bebop... I second the recommendation for a Kanger EVOD starter kit... either with the standard 650mAh batteries or 1000mAh twists. If I'm not mistaken, these kits come with everything you need, including 5 or 7 atomizer coil/heads... Just buy your e-juice and you'll be on your way!

There are other good starter kits out there, too... but the EVOD kits are probably the best 'bang-for-your-buck'.

Uh let's see I've been smoking since I was like 13 or 14, and it's a terrible habit that I'd love to be able to quit. I'm currently smoking Marlboro Red Special blends at anywhere from a pack to two packs a day. And my friend say he has no idea what kind his is as it was a gift from someone.

I have the spinner evod 2,kit I'm my shopping cart on sweet-vaps, so that's the one I'm think I'm going to try with the 900 mah battery, should I just go with the standard battery, or should I take the upgraded one, which is the 900.

To anyone serious about getting away from cigarettes I highly recommend starting out with at least a two battery setup. Pretty hard to resist "the urge" with a dead battery, especially when you're away from home and Murphy's Law comes into play. An extra tank or two is a plus, but not absolutely necessary, just nice to have for a little variety. And keep a fresh coil handy when you're out and about. You'll get it all figured out as you progress. Good Luck.

The Evod starter kit worked wonders for me. I was a two pack a day smoker and was worried that vaping wouldn't cut it. One of the guys at a local vape shop set me up with the Evod kit and 30ml of 30mg " My Boro" liquid. It didn't taste exactly like a cig, but it worked wonders! Three months off the butts. Best thing I ever did for my health. Good luck bro!