Choosing the right coil resistance, help!

I still have more than a dozen coils for my Kanger tanks (different resistance, singles, and duals), but I have four or fewer of any single form/resistance left. So, right now I'm trying to narrow down what to buy in bulk, before I run out, which will keep me happy, AND keep me from having to keep up with 4-5 different coils.

Right now, I'm liking the 1.8 Ohm single coils, and the 2.2 Ohm aren't bad at all, but use my battery faster because I have to run higher Wattage for them. I saw no advantage with the 2.5 Ohm coil, and haven't tried the 1.5 Ohm coils. So, I'm thinking 1.8 Ohm will be my choice for a single-coil....

For my dual coils... the 1.5 Ohm are better on battery life (and work better with my PT3 Minis on an eGo), but the the 2.0 Ohm seem to give a slightly better vape with my AeroTank, despite higher drain on the battery? (I've not tried 1.8 Ohm duals).

Now, I understand that I can use the single-coil in my AeroTank, right?

Can I use a single-coil in my PT3 minis? I've not tried it yet... didn't want to risk catastrophic leakage :D

I have no issues with keeping up with single/dual coils, but I don't feel it necessary to try to keep up with a box of each resistance AND each form-factor.

I primarily use my larger tanks (KPT2/AeroTank) with my MVP 2.0, and my Mini KPT2's and KPT3's with my eGo-style batteries for portability / form-factor.

So, If I can use single-coils with my PT3 Minis, I think I'll be satisfied with running 1.8 Ohm single-coils in all my tanks. If I have to use dual-coils with the PT3 Mini, that's cool, too. I'll just keep a box or two 1.5 Ohm dual-coils on hand?

Is my logic sound? Is there an advantage to using a 2.2 Ohm single over the 1.8 Ohm that I'm missing? Or should I just stock-up on the 1.8 Ohm singles (and 1.5 Ohm duals, if I can't use singles in the PT3 Mini)?

Yeah, that was my plan... a box of 50 from online vendors range from 60-90-cents each, whereas my local B&M sells them for $12 + tax for a box of FIVE :wallbash: (which is $120 for 50 coils)

So, can I use the single-coils in the PT3 Mini? Or, will I need to keep a few dual-coils around, too?

Edited by Earthling789

I pay $1.19 each for them regardless of how many I order unless I find a co-op to get in on. I don't really bargain shop because I have a vendor I trust and am really loyal to them. I do not mind paying a fraction more to feel 100% comfortable I am getting genuine products and quick cheap shipping. That said, I will never pay B&M prices unless I am someday forced to and if that day is coming, I will order every 1.8 ohm KPT coil in the US if I can LOL

Good to know on the VTR... I don't have one yet, but plan to get one in a few months (maybe/hopefully). Based on this info, I think it would be a good idea to hang onto my remaining 2.2 Ohm coils, at least until I start building my own.

BTW, I just test-fit a single-coil with my freshly cleaned PT3 Mini... it does NOT work :( .

The silicone "cap" over the wick/coil is too short to reach/seal the center-tube... would be a leakage disaster had I filled it....

So, looks like I'll need to keep a box or two of 1.5 Ohm dual-coils handy for my PT3 Minis!

Thanks for all the input, everyone... I'll be placing an order for 1.8 Ohm single-coils, and 1.5 Ohm dual-coils, within the next week or two.

Running 1.8 on my Nautilus and 2.0 on the AeroTank and PT3. Dual coils. All seem to be working well now that I'm getting the hang of things. At first, I was flooding and frying coils on occasion but have worked the kinks out of how I "operate" them. All is good now ;)

Good to know on the VTR... I don't have one yet, but plan to get one in a few months (maybe/hopefully). Based on this info, I think it would be a good idea to hang onto my remaining 2.2 Ohm coils, at least until I start building my own.

BTW, I just test-fit a single-coil with my freshly cleaned PT3 Mini... it does NOT work :( .

The silicone "cap" over the wick/coil is too short to reach/seal the center-tube... would be a leakage disaster had I filled it....

So, looks like I'll need to keep a box or two of 1.5 Ohm dual-coils handy for my PT3 Minis!

Thanks for all the input, everyone... I'll be placing an order for 1.8 Ohm single-coils, and 1.5 Ohm dual-coils, within the next week or two.

If you turn another silicone cap upside down over the one there they wont leak

Ive done it with my T3D and pro tank 3

Doubtful, I have way too many 18650s many makes and mahs, even a few vtc4s and 5s..Stacking is for idiots and I don't like to be insulted like that...

I'd rather it be a strong workhorse like it is compared to others.

Edited by Aquatroy

Well, it's good to know that it is a workhorse, regardless of the 18650 battery you're using...

And, sorry Troy, I didn't mean to insult you, nor imply you were stacking ... I was only asking for clarification, and mostly interested in the brand / mAh you were using in your VTR. As I plan to get one soon, knowing which battery performs well would be a good piece of info to have :)