Kanger Aerotank - why are these selling?

So, I just got a brand new kanger aerotank a couple weeks ago, filled it up, let it sit for a while, screwed it onto my provari, and took a hit. It was just like when i first got the protank-2, the hit was burnt, practically no juice went where it was supposed to. So I did what i do with my protank 2 which is turn the coil head grommet around to open up the path to the wicking material. that worked, for about 30 seconds, then it gurgled like crazy, and even leaked a whole bunch. After cleaning everything, I turned the grommet back around and reinstalled it, and it worked for 3 or 4 puffs, then started burning again due to dry hits. Is this designed to only work with certain juices? or is it just a bad design? for the record, I had my provari set to 3.7 volts and was using one of the sweet-vapes organic juices. please help, i've got the aerotank and a full box of coil heads and i'd hate to have to throw them away.

Chain vaping a pro tank stock coil does cause dry hits for some when using thicker juices but if you're not taking rip trippers caveman size lung hits back to back it should be decent. Especially with the air flow maxed out. It's not like the Nautilus Aspire which can out-vape me, but it's plenty good for a daily driver.

It might be that your juice is on the thicker side, which will cause it to wick slower. I vape wattage but that voltage sounds ok. What resistance is your coil unit? Is your first hit really good and your second hit dry/burnt?

What clearomizer/tank do you usally vape on? Is the sweet-vapes organic juice a high VG content?

Aerotanks work flawlessly, I have a couple, and an aerotank base on over a dozen protank versions. I'm guessing you have a ratio issue, and way too thick, 50/50 is the best for almost any Kanger product. Also the coils that come in the box are usually funky, I have a theory why, but that's another topic. I actually like the reg coils in the aero better than the duals. fit and finish is improved, and the best part is the flat top. Just take the tip off and set upside down for filling or stand by, all the older models are fluted and never set well, so you stored em on the 510. It's actually better for coils to not be drowning while dormant....

Where in the rectangle do you hang,?? If your in the metro come one down and see me.I'm in the RiNo......going to the VAPEFEST this weekend?

Edited by Aquatroy

iv not had a lot of dry hit issues with any kangertech tank except when the coil head is new...I tend to prime the wick with a couple of puffs without firing. it helps a bit. does sound like some high vg stuff you might have. could be wrong though.

It's the first hit and every hit that's dry, I even let it sit and whick for 30 minutes after the first dry hit. I usually vape with the Aspire for organic 100% VG juice, and the protank-2 for thinner juices (I like a cooler vape for fruity flavors) I've also been trying the unitank, which is distinctly meh, more gurgling than the protank-2, also plastic, which i'm not a fan of. The organic juice is 100% vg, I just figured since my aspire bdc has no problem at all with it the kanger would do fine, I'll try some thinner juice and see if the aerotank does any better. Troy: I'm from Greeley, wasn't aware of the vapefest, i might have to check it out. Thanks, guys

pro tank 2s are not plastic...but some bad knockoffs are...and that 100% won't work well with stock coils. Maybe a cotton rebuild..or a Fadora special...but they are really hard to come by!! (hee hee like a dead horse, im dying to try one!)!

I've had my AeroTank for over a week, and I like the adjustable flow so much, I just ordered AeroBases for my two PT2's !

One of my juices was VERY thick (no clue on ratio), and it often gave me dry-hits, which is why it's on the shelf right now :) If I'm not mistaken, the juices I'm currently using are 50/50 ratio, and they flow well with my Kanger tanks, BCC or BDC.