Looking for advice

It looks like I'm finally going to be able to stick with vaping. Tried to get into it a little over a year ago with the cig look alikes and went back to analog immediately. Bought an ego vv 650mah with a krager mt3 about a month ago and haven't had an analog since. The advice I'm looking for is this: where do I go from here.

I've been experiencing some sore throat issues but I searched the issue and it looks like I'll have to experiment with pg/vg ratios and voltage. my biggest concern is vapor production. I bought two tanks for the ego vv with no improvement. one single coil top feed and a dual coil top feed. both worked worse than the original krager mt3. I'm thinking I need to get into the nod thing. but my head spins when I research my options. The vamo, the various innokin models. I've been leaning towards the vapor zone rebel. but the $179 price tag has me feeling cautious. It looks alot like an itaste 134 or 134mini. all i'm looking for is insane vapor production. i'm partial to bottom feed tanks. so far halo juice seems to be the only one i've tried that impresses me. I care little for throat hit. in fact I don't really like it at all. i'm using 24 juice but would be willing to step down to 18 or 16 if it'll help my throat (i'm vaping dragon mist right now - out of ok).I's like improved battery life but like I said before my number one main concern is for a unit that will give me a huge cloud of vapor.

I upgraded to the Innokin MPV 2.0 kit for $40 at my local retailer. It came with an iClear 30 BDC (dual coil) tank, and it is okay, but I prefer my Kanger PT2 or AeroTank with it because they seem to produce a better tasting vapor and decent volume (but no smoke-screens, lol). I'm not after huge clouds, only taste and satisfying my nicotine needs without having to light-up an analog.

I know the feeling about dropping $200 on an expensive MOD, but the MVP would be a very reasonably priced upgrade. If you're looking for a MOD with a replaceable battery, the VTR or VAMO will be a "next step up", and still reasonably priced, but still have limits on their Voltage/Wattage capabilities.

I have no experience with the MODs that produce insane Wattages, because I can't afford them, lol. But, I've seen some massive vapor clouds produced by people using a decent tank/coil combo and an intermediate battery (like an MVP or Vamo). Also, from what I understand, pg/vg ratio also has a lot to do with vapor production, but I'm sure someone else will be able to provide better insight to e-juice ratios as they relate to vapor production.

I have a Vamo and loved it but mainly still use Ego batteries with either a KPT 2 or Davide Mini on top. I would rather have an arsenal of Vision Spinner 2 1600mah than any APV or Mod personally. Do not feel like you have to take the next step to an APV to be successful at switching to vaping. Some like it, some do not; it is a personal choice. I have enough batteries to charge once a week and enough tanks to fill once a week and I am good with total investment under $500. That was one month of analogs and I am well over a year tobacco free.

I also MUCH prefer single coil devices over the dual coils from an expense and performance standpoint. I will put on my 1.8 ohm KPT coil driven Davide Mini and blow every bit as big a cloud as any dual coil stock device I guarantee you. Rebuilds and sub ohmers are a different story, but strictly for a stock "plug and play" device I think the single coils out perform the doubles.

I also MUCH prefer single coil devices over the dual coils from an expense and performance standpoint. I will put on my 1.8 ohm KPT coil driven Davide Mini and blow every bit as big a cloud as any dual coil stock device I guarantee you. Rebuilds and sub ohmers are a different story, but strictly for a stock "plug and play" device I think the single coils out perform the doubles.

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. The BDC's produce a slightly warmer vape, but they use more battery, burn juice faster (obviously), and tend to make more noise. Vapor production on the dual's is a little better because you're pulling more juice, but I'm not after huge clouds.... The single coils also seem to last a little longer, but that might be my imagination, too :)

I am new to the nicer vaporizers. I have smoked since I was about 17-18. I am now 30. Depending on the time of my life I was up to 2-3 packs a day. About 8 months ago I got the blu 100 setup going on. I almost quit smoking completely but only through willpower, not from the vaping experience. My buddy I work with wanted to help me kick it so he dumped some cash and time into quite a few mechs, 20w variable output devices and also ego sized setups. He has a good group of rda's and rba's that he lets me try anytime. I got the kanger pro tank 3 and a few batteries. This made me able to get through my work day without even thinking about a cig. From trying his setups I knew I could be MUCH happier though. I got tired of the leaks and finicky coils.

See here for my most recent investment in my health

Now this is amazing. I have a lot still to figure out for just the right carto or RBA for this loki tank but just how it is its WOW.

I prefer a compact carry. So even though the 18650 has better attributes I kinda dig the 18350 and bring a few spares along.

I could have gone with a nice variable device, but I have no interest. The mech seams to me to be the most versatile.

My advice, try what you can and seriously think about what you will actually carry, what will actually satisfy the urge and take the plunge.

My ego kangers aren't going anywhere, but they just don't touch my new setup for the vaping experience I am getting now.

I am a complete rookie in this hobby, but I believe all you need to know is what makes you satisfied.

I appreciate the advice. My head literally hurts. I was doing some research while waiting for some replies. I seem to be getting the best results from my single coil bottom feed tank (kanger mt3). The two top feed tanks (one is a vivo dct and the other is a spare tank that came off a "pipe" setup - kamry I believe - that the retailer down the street gave to me).

I'm definitely leaning towards the bottom feed tanks. I vape back to back when I do bust out my device. I go long periods between sessions but will often hit back to back with maybe 5-10 seconds between drags. it seems logical that the bottom feed units are better for my style vaping as I've noticed a burnt taste coming from my top feed tanks. I'm assuming because the wicks aren't getting the liquid to the coil fast enough for my speedy vaping style.

It's just that there is too much information out there for me. One site warned me not to buy the particular mod I was looking at (the sigelei 20 watt) if I didn't understand ohms law.

Look, I'm not trying to obtain an associates degree in electronics engineering. I just want to vape and blow out large clouds. I was warned about all the psychological hurdles I might face switching from analog to vapor. I don't believe I needed to buy the 30ml's of tobacco flavored juice I stocked up on because "going straight to fruity juice might discourage me from sticking with the switch". I think I could have gone straight to cotton candy or pina colada as long as it was strong nic (24mg). I was also warned about throat hit and vapor cloud. Throat hit, as I said, annoys me. I don't need it. But the cloud thing is really bothering me. Not so much that I've picked up an analog but I've got to figure this out. My 650 mah ego vv with kager bottom feed single coil (mt3) isn't cutting it. On 6v (max) it is close but the throat hit is barely manageable. I cough often, almost every time. Turning it down to 4v helps but the exhale is sad.

It sounds like y'all are telling me I don't need to plunk down $200 on a mod but your suggestions - the innokin mvp 2.0 $40 an the vision spinner 1600 mah $35 - are about what I spent on my current model (I spent $38 on the 650 mah vv ego battery/charger/kager mt3 tank). Like I said it works okay but not great. I guess what I'm worried about is if I go out and spend the same money on a different brand it's going to produce the same amount of vapor.

Does the extra 1000 mah of battery contribute to bigger clouds? I thought mah rating referred to how long the battery held a charge.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I'd really like to get this right on the next try. I don't mind spending money on something that works but, to be honest, I already have over $100 invested total and I'm not truely satisfied with the switch. The thing that sucks even more is that I work on an oil rig in the gulf of mexico and I don't have access to brick and mortar stores or online store shipments. I'm stuck with what I have right now and I'm having a very rough time.

MAH= Metered Amp Hours and is only how long the battery will hold a charge. The voltage you have it set on will determine the power going to your coil. The ohms is the resistance of your coil. 1.8 ohms will produce more and warmer vapor than a 2.2, a 2.2 more than a 2.5, etc...

I generally vape at 3,8v and use a 1.8ohm coil. Definitely bottom coils, top coil units will be a thing of the past in a short time imo.

If you want little or no throat hit but big clouds, you need to get a higher VG liquid. I mainly vaoe liquids from Fuzion that are 65% VG but when I order elsewhere I always get 70vg.

PG%= flavor and throat hit

VG%= amount of vapor you get

More vapor, more VG. Less throat hit, less PG....make sense?

I run an Automotive Dealer Group and know less than nothing about electronics. As long as you use stock coils (not rebuilt sub-ohm cloud chaser coils) then you only need to know that the lower the number of ohms the warmer the vape and more throat hit. Higher number of ohms means less throat hit, vapor, and cooler vape.

I hope this helps.

Ok. I just woke up and only skimmed through all of the replies, so sorry if I say something that someone else already posted.

Bottom coil tanks are king, IMO.

Innokin, Innokin, Innokin. MVP or VTR. I have a VTR and I LOVE it. I only put it down to use my RDA's.

You don't have to know too much about electronics at all. All the extra stuff just comes with rebuildables. If you stick to something like a MVP, Spinner, etc. You will just have to worry about the resistance (ohms), and PG/VG balance.

B put it really well. I recommend an Innokin VTR with a Kanger ProTank of some sort. I use the ProTank 2, but I know some people out there prefer davide tanks and some other ones like that. I kinda went from my protanks to rebuildables, so I never got to fully explore the world of bottom-coil tanks.

Dude, my buddy has the sigeli 20w and it's dumby proof. I worked as an electrical engineer testing generators and trust me ohm's law takes serious years to actually master. For this all you need to understand is output voltage say 3.7volt gets squared. So 3.7 x 3.7. The you divide that by your resistance of your coil. That gives you the wattage. But the sigeli you just set it to whatever you want. Just food for thought.

You can spend as much as you want and get as many features as you want BUT if you are stranded on an oil rig there is nothing as consistent and worry free than Vision Spinners is all I am saying.

Go read through the "help it broke" sub forum and look at how many issues people have with APVs vs Ego batteries. Its worth considering.

That's a good point on reliability. I have no idea how much abuse the electronics in the Sigeli 20w can take.

My buddy has the mech's for out on the water.

I think I will just take an 11$ ego battery and 8$ evod glass tank for boating. Drop it in it wont hurt so bad.

I know my bud's sigeli is running with a sony 18650 2600mah and it last a long long time with something like an areotank with dual coil at 2.0 ohm. Drop it on an oil rig and bang it around? Good question.

Over a year in to my vaping experience, if I had $200 to spend to get start up hardware I would buy 3 Vision Spinner 2 1600mah, an extra charger, and 3 KPT 2s and 4-5 boxes of coils as opposed to any APV.

Edited by bcartervol98

Why?

Because over the last year I have tried about everything. I don't want to sound conceited but cost has never really been an object for me with vaping and by far the Vision Spinner has been the most consistent battery or unit I have had or tried regardless of cost. I just got the V2 and it is #1 on my list (over any APV I have tried). For OP though I might revise it to 4 1300mah Spinners instead of 3 1600mah simply due to the V1 having the ability to be used with a standard Ego lanyard.

The 4 1300mah Spinners I still use I got over a year ago and they still last all day and night and into the next day. For $24.95 at my preferred vendor that is a bargain. I am not sure if there is or will be a lanyard to use with the V2 but on a rig I would think the ability to use a lanyard would be very very handy.

I have dropped my KPT2s and Davides on my boat a ton. I have jumped in the water with a Spinner around my neck. I have dropped them in puddles, had them in pouring rain, and have yet to have an issue. I like to find what works and stick with it and for me that is Spinners, KPT2s and Mini Davides (before they screwed them up and made them use the Aspire coils). I bought Discount Vapers out of Mini Davides beforethey made the change

All very good info. I am sure its going to be greatly appreciated by the OP.

Thanks for explaining your stance.

I think vaping is such a personal thing. Even my buddy and I look for completely different things out of the experience.

Money is an object for me. A huge one. I am just starting a new career and my startup cost was felt hard.

okay. I hear what you are saying. since the mah variable isn't going to affect vapor production I'm going to try this........

I just spoke with the guy at the store I got my supplies from. He says the resistance on my coils (I bought three for a fourteen day hitch) is 2.2-2.4 ohms. The replacement coils for my MT3 come in 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5 ohms. I'll order me some of the 1.8's.

The juice I've been using is of an undetermined pg/vg ratio. I was told the "dragon mist" from the retailers main office back in oklahoma is about 80/20 pg/vg. the stuff is so-so. I also bought a couple bottles of halo e liquid. The prevailing opinion being that halo has the best "tobacco" flavors on the market. I happen to really like their "Tribeca". I believe their stuff is 80/20 or 70/30 too.

So I will try to ind the highest quality 100% VG I can find and vape with a 1.8 ohm coil. My battery goes from 3V - 6V, so I'll have to adjust it to find my sweet spot. If all that works then I can invest in an innokin iTaste or the vision spinner batteries. Quick question...I searched the vision spinner batteries and they look an awful lot like repackaged ego batteries. Is there a difference between ego and vision spinner? are the just two different name brands for the same chinese battery?

Also, I know this isn't the place for e liquid questions, but I don't feel like retyping all of this over there. Can anyone recommend some high quality 100% VG liquid. The only site I recall offering 100% VG was Mt Baker..

100% VG will not work in a tank very well, you will get dry hits.

I HIGHLY recommend either Fadora Vapor or Fuzion Vapor. I cannot even remember vaping anything that didnt come from one of those two .

Fuzion is a 100% PG base but the liquids are about 65% base and 35% flavorings so the flavorings thin it out fine. Endless Summer is about all I vape on a regular basis. I have over 400ml at home now lol. I keep 12 tanks full and 11 are Endless Summer.

Thing is liquid is so different from one to the other its hard to say you will like what I do.

Jerry, Ego is a term used to describe the style of battery, not as much the brand. Vision, joytech, and evod are all quality brands in an ego style batt. The reason 100%vg isn't advised is because of the disign of std coil heads for the tanks mentioned. Better suited for advanced rebuildables. If you stay in a range of 60/40, 50/50 (pg/vg) you should have decent luck with wicking the juice.

When you say you want bigger clouds of vapor, are you saying you want more than the smoke you had with anologs, or just similar?

I'm looking for at least similar to analog but what I'd prefer, in a perfect world, is more than analog. Right now I'm getting less than analog, probably in the neighborhood of half the cloud production. As much as 75% production if I turn my battery up to 6V. But the vape is so harsh I keep lowering it to around 4.0 - 4.5V.

You can get more than the stinkies without spending a ton on a big mod/apv. How long of a pull do you do? It's different with vapeing than analogs. 4-6 seconds is about what I usually do with a similar setup as yours.